You also have to remember hype is everything to a GERERAL CONSUMER.
    Yet we are far from general consumers and we know what to look for when buying a phone. Not just buying it for its looks.
    Remember to people that don't check out tech sites and surf forums like these they don't even know what the pre is.
    I am going to wait to see what they do for commercials and see how much love they put into the commercials.
    I have a funny feeling there are going to be some buisness and some media commercials to get everybody's attention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 08:57 AM
    So, who wants a Pre now?
    go ask barak obama to give you $ 600 rebate so you can go get pre lol
    05-05-09 09:02 AM
    I don't think Sprint has the ability to hype a phone like Apple does. So if that's what the Pre needs to succeed then...

05-05-09 10:55 AM
    You also have to remember hype is everything to a GERERAL CONSUMER.

Yet we are far from general consumers and we know what to look for when buying a phone. Not just buying it for its looks.[
    Remember to people that don't check out tech sites and surf forums like these they don't even know what the pre is.
    I am going to wait to see what they do for commercials and see how much love they put into the commercials.
    I have a funny feeling there are going to be some buisness and some media commercials to get everybody's attention.

So many more consumers new to smart phone are cruising the friendly Internet trying to obtain every juicy bit of info on new device..remember the Sprint factor comes into play as well .Sprint has bad track record keeping customers happy thus Pre hype is much needed in their master plan of bringing new customers in.
    Features that are standard in 50.00 flip phone are not in pre which means a lot to many,you then add bad build quality to the equation device could flop fast.
    Now the smart phone palm geeks eat anything palm feeds them with a smile so no worries about losing that customer base.
    05-05-09 12:19 PM
    So many more consumers new to smart phone are cruising the friendly Internet trying to obtain every juicy bit of info on new device..remember the Sprint factor comes into play as well .Sprint has bad track record keeping customers happy thus Pre hype is much needed in their master plan of bringing new customers in.
    Features that are standard in 50.00 flip phone are not in pre which means a lot to many,you then add bad build quality to the equation device could flop fast.Now the smart phone palm geeks eat anything palm feeds them with a smile so no worries about losing that customer base.
    Well, BB'S were missing standard features as well up until just recently and people still bought them like crazy, but the difference is BB's only cost $500 brand new.
    05-05-09 12:27 PM
    Well, BB'S were missing standard features as well up until just recently and people still bought them like crazy, but the difference is BB's only cost $500 brand new.
    Standerd compared to what?....the flip phone,I think not.
    BB takes that user to higher level , Now if were talking WM consumer I can see your point but as you have seen their have been many WM users switching to BB for device dependability and battery life.
    Treo Pro dependability would be perfect example seen at TC.
    Everyday more & more Treo Pro users are reporting missed calls looking very forward to Pre being Palms savior
    When reg tweaks are nowhere around they get that trapped feeling , hehe they don't have that wait and see patients BB users have.
    Many WM users will hoppppppp of the Pre love train pretty fast looking forward to new HTC toy release Sprints got on the table.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-05-09 at 01:20 PM.
    05-05-09 01:05 PM
    Standerd compared to what?....the flip phone,I think not.BB takes that user to higher level , Now if were talking WM consumer I can see your point but as you have seen their have been many WM users switching to BB for device dependability and battery life.
    Treo Pro dependability would be perfect example seen at TC.
    Everyday more & more Treo Pro users are reporting missed calls looking very forward to Pre being Palms savior
    When reg tweaks are nowhere around they get that trapped feeling , hehe they don't have that wait and see patients BB users have.
    Many WM users will hoppppppp of the Pre love train pretty fast looking forward to new HTC toy release Sprints got on the table.
    What do you call MMS? Wasn't made available for Sprint BB's until just recently.
    05-05-09 02:08 PM
    What do you call MMS? Wasn't made available for Sprint BB's until just recently.
    So true ,I bite my keybord ,That's of course has changed thank goodness but have noticed in past post many coming from standard phones did get that lack of mms surprise yet didn't really hurt to bad.
    Lack of solid device build,No copy past from web browser ,No Internet tether ,little to no 3rd party applications available will put major hurt on Pre.
    05-05-09 03:00 PM
    Sprint not having MMS on BB's isn't the same as BB's not having MMS as a feature though. BB's have had MMS for quite some time.
    05-05-09 03:02 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD