Has anyone else who has left RIM get an email from them wanting you to take a 30 minutes survey as to why you left, and so fourth? I got one the other day, filled it. In the email they said they wanted the survey to be completed so they could figure out why so many are leaving RIM for other phones.
    05-21-10 10:14 AM
    That's pretty standard practice for any company. If you switch carriers or you stop using an online service, they often want you to fill out a survey.
    05-21-10 10:24 AM
    That's pretty standard practice for any company. If you switch carriers or you stop using an online service, they often want you to fill out a survey.
    I don't think that is the reason at all. This was a very detailed survey. I have gone from Palm to BB left BB and came back and never got a survey before. It was very detailed.
    05-21-10 02:40 PM
    It is pretty standard. I got one from Palm and HTC. Actually, HTC followed up the survey with a personal phone call as to why I discontinued using their products. I wanted to tell the guy to leave me alone I have a BB now that means I'm too busy too talk. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 04:08 AM
    Has anyone else who has left RIM get an email from them wanting you to take a 30 minutes survey as to why you left, and so fourth? I got one the other day, filled it. In the email they said they wanted the survey to be completed so they could figure out why so many are leaving RIM for other phones.
    To answer your question, yes they are feeling the heat! That's why they are rushing to slap some lipstick on their OS and call it OS6. What happened to 5.1, 5.2, etc.?
    05-22-10 04:17 AM
    To answer your question, yes they are feeling the heat! That's why they are rushing to slap some lipstick on their OS and call it OS6. What happened to 5.1, 5.2, etc.?
    I think all smartphone manufacturers are feeling pressure to stay competitive. RIM isn't the only one.

05-24-10 12:12 AM
    I think all smartphone manufacturers are feeling pressure to stay competitive. RIM isn't the only one.

I agree, the mobile phone market is very crowded these days.. All these companies are playing to win, the fun thing is, that its only the beginning. Its fun to watch tho.
    05-24-10 12:41 AM
    Considering they have OS6 releasing, i'm sure there was a 5.1+, just not released.
    05-24-10 01:17 PM
    RIM's not feeling any heat. If anything, it's Palm.

OS6 looks promising.
    05-24-10 02:40 PM
    OS6 is a rip off of WebOS.

I suppose when you can't do it yourself, just rip off the competition, eh RIM?
    05-24-10 08:59 PM
    OS6 is a rip off of WebOS.

I suppose when you can't do it yourself, just rip off the competition, eh RIM?
    A printer OS is competition?
    05-25-10 12:38 AM
    Well with Android coming out hot and heavy most are trying to get the "edge" in on the competition. However I do feel RIM will have some sales competition with the Android OS, at least with the younger crowd.
    05-25-10 12:51 AM
    A printer OS is competition?
    Having used it now for a few weeks, it's hardly a printer OS.

It is gorgeous, and it's so much better than the crap RIM refers to as their OS.
    05-25-10 01:47 PM
    Having used it now for a few weeks, it's hardly a printer OS.

It is gorgeous, and it's so much better than the crap RIM refers to as their OS.
    only a few weeks? and HP IS planning on slapping it into printers.
    Statistics show that you have a 75% chance of singing a different tune after a few months.
    05-25-10 02:12 PM
    only a few weeks? and HP IS planning on slapping it into printers.
    Statistics show that you have a 75% chance of singing a different tune after a few months.
    Pretty much. I've warned several people about the phone and happiness with it long term. They got it anyways, and ended up switching to something else after a while (which mimicd my own experience).
    05-25-10 05:12 PM
    In the end - I'm going iPhone 4 when it comes out. I didn't know HP using a version of WebOS on a printer was a horrible thing though, and I will never, ever give money to RIM again.

I still can't believe I settled for the BB OS for so long, I'm angry at myself for making excuses instead of admitting all of RIM's flaws.

I am far happier after my few weeks with the Pre than I was with my Curve or Storm.

And WebOS can't be that bad - after all BB is throwing it onto their next "lets stick a new name on the same phone" and they still managed to dull it into submission so it's not nearly as attractive.
    05-25-10 06:49 PM
    In the end - I'm going iPhone 4 when it comes out. I didn't know HP using a version of WebOS on a printer was a horrible thing though, and I will never, ever give money to RIM again.

I still can't believe I settled for the BB OS for so long, I'm angry at myself for making excuses instead of admitting all of RIM's flaws.

I am far happier after my few weeks with the Pre than I was with my Curve or Storm.

And WebOS can't be that bad - after all BB is throwing it onto their next "lets stick a new name on the same phone" and they still managed to dull it into submission so it's not nearly as attractive.
    I see your point. The new iPhone is going to be a great device and people will clamor for it on release day. But I think that BlackBerry will have a big year too. Not as big as Android, but it will be big. I think with the new slider 9800, BlackBerry users will get a taste of the greatness of the Palm Pre concept and hopefully will experience better hardware. I think that by the end of the year, the 9800 slider will be the best phone to buy. But we will see what happens.

05-26-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD