Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Pre is a good device, prolly faster than the iPhone too. I was just pointing out that "real world" data is often far from definitive proof.

Although I have no idea what those numbers (90.5 v 68) mean or how they were reached.
    07-05-09 05:40 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Pre is a good device, prolly faster than the iPhone too. I was just pointing out that "real world" data is often far from definitive proof.

Although I have no idea what those numbers (90.5 v 68) mean or how they were reached.
    here is the most recent article....

A Day in the Life of 3G - PC World
    07-05-09 06:52 PM
    I think WebOS is the important part, isn't it? And the potential?
    07-26-09 05:45 PM
    Excuse me while I choke on the irony in this thread. I putzed around on a Tour recently, and while admittedly worlds better than my absolute POS Storm, the OS felt very dated. Keep clinging to your "function over form", I'll take function AND form, something the Iphone and Pre both offer.
    08-02-09 11:48 PM
    Palm Pre's software is amazing. The hardware is where it fails...big time. I went through 4 of them before I finally ended up with a Tour (it wasn't out until I was on Pre number 4 and I couldn't fiind anything in Sprint's lineup that would do what I needed before the Tour came out). Anyways all 4 of them would turn off randomly. If I closed the phone after a text, it would turn off. If I set it down of my table, it would turn off. If I put it in my pocket, it would turn off. All 4 of them, even with the paper trick (just less frequently with the paper inside). Point being I don't believe the hardware is where it needs to be, very cheaply made. I don't feel right putting a piece of paper in a device I paid $200 for that is supposed to be so amazing, Palm needs to do some serious quality control before I ever look at their devices again.
    08-04-09 11:15 AM
    i agree the pre has a very nice ui, and even nicer browser.

it could have been a game changing device had palm decided to spend pennies more on build quality and keep a few features people had already come to expect from their line up.

yet on their last hurrah, with what was supposed to be the game saving device for them, they decided to not give the phone sd card support, skimped on build quality, and tragically castrated the pre with a horrible keyboard. it's like they're intentionally tanking...

...and that's an idea i've pondered even more since returning my pre. i think palm is basically throwing in the towel and using the pre as a platform to market the webos potential...so they can look attractive as an acquisition opportunity. that's the only thing that can explain it.
    08-04-09 01:33 PM
    I missed the memo about the bad keyboard...

Christ why do some people act as if the Pre is a bad phone? I would not give up this phone for anything (note on my one and only pre and love it).
    08-12-09 12:51 AM
    The day the Pre came out it was a failure. No memory card, no landscape keyboard (Browsing in landscape? DOH gotta put it back in PORTRAIT mode to type in a URL or page info, EPIC phaile.), very bad build quality and only 8GB of memory total.. Come on that wouldnt even hold half of my music collection, let alone videos.

The OS is nice but the phone sucks, hard core.
    08-12-09 04:11 PM
    i agree the pre has a very nice ui, and even nicer browser.

it could have been a game changing device had palm decided to spend pennies more on build quality and keep a few features people had already come to expect from their line up.

yet on their last hurrah, with what was supposed to be the game saving device for them, they decided to not give the phone sd card support, skimped on build quality, and tragically castrated the pre with a horrible keyboard. it's like they're intentionally tanking...

...and that's an idea i've pondered even more since returning my pre. i think palm is basically throwing in the towel and using the pre as a platform to market the webos potential...so they can look attractive as an acquisition opportunity. that's the only thing that can explain it.
    Agree 200 percent. I have a feeling that from now on Palm will make their money in making the OS and not the hardware after this. The OS has soooo much potential and the browser is very good.

If palm would have even put in a memory card slot I could possibly forgo the build quality and keyboard issues. But come on, were living in 2009 where most peoples music and videos exceed 8GB way to fast and easily.
    08-12-09 04:14 PM
    well i went to radio shacked and looked at the pre. the keyboard is RIDICULOUSLY SMALL! and the chin really is that sharp...
    08-14-09 09:39 PM
    Is it true about the Palm Pre capable of cutting cheese with the sharp chin?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 10:19 PM
    Current Palm Pre issues are, reports of battery drain, and some EAS Outlook issues(doesn't accept unsigned SSL certs) and Palm has come out and said less then 60 days full support is coming.

hmmmm thats about it for now. Barley any crashes, barley any complaints of memory leaks.

I would say the Palm Pre is a MUCH more solid device at Launch then the Storm was... and Civic and the top guys can't deny that, and i don't think they will.
    Don't forget dead pixels, over-heating, and the bottom edge of the keyboard is sharp enough to slash your wrists on.

08-18-09 10:50 PM
    Is it true about the Palm Pre capable of cutting cheese with the sharp chin?

truth is u can cut soft cheese with anything that has edges. so yes its true someone cut soft cheese with the pre's edge, kinda ridiculous thing to do IMO.
    08-19-09 12:12 AM
    Don't forget dead pixels, over-heating, and the bottom edge of the keyboard is sharp enough to slash your wrists on.

you make it sound like every single phone has these issues.. thats not true.
    08-19-09 12:14 AM
    ...and the bottom edge of the keyboard is sharp enough to slash your wrists on.

No, it really isn't, unless your wrists are made of rice paper.
    08-19-09 08:25 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD