Hi everyone,

I've searched threads and can't locate, but I thought I'd read it on here about Sprint doing away with the SEP plans?. If you upgrade to the Pre and you're an existing SEP user, am I correct that they're no longer offering this and you'll have to purchase a higher price all inclusive data package? Any insight on this would be very helpful.

I currently have an 8830 with SEP and BES data on top of this and I'm considering upgrading to the Pre, but not if Sprint is going to raise my data rates. If this is correct and a data package increase has to happen, is this just for the Pre or going forward any BB upgrades you may do as well?
    05-27-09 10:16 AM
    I think its CERO they are doing away with. Haven't heard about SEP going away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 11:47 AM
    Thanks Humphrind. At the risk of sounding uninformed, what's CERO?
    05-27-09 12:04 PM
    That's SERO (Sprint Employee Referral Option)
    05-27-09 12:14 PM
    OK, Sprint online chat said that if you want to upgrade to the Pre and currently have the Simply everything plan, you won't have any problems. As Humphrind said above, it's the SERO plan.

Now, if only I knew that the promised message is the same at the end of the day with how my BES syncs everything, I may just take the plunge. Pre says the following, "also works with microsoft active sync to provide push email support". That's great, but do the smart folks on here know if active sync means it syncs with all of your folders, contact and calendar entries like the BES does? And when you send, reply or delete email, it does all this with your Outlook? I apologize in advance for my cluelessness folks...I just have my 8830 and my business pays for the BES from a 3rd party company here in town and it works.
    Last edited by dh321; 05-27-09 at 03:05 PM.
    05-27-09 03:02 PM
    OK, Sprint online chat said that if you want to upgrade to the Pre and currently have the Simply everything plan, you won't have any problems. As Humphrind said above, it's the SERO plan.

Now, if only I knew that the promised message is the same at the end of the day with how my BES syncs everything, I may just take the plunge. Pre says the following, "also works with microsoft active sync to provide push email support". That's great, but do the smart folks on here know if active sync means it syncs with all of your folders, contact and calendar entries like the BES does? And when you send, reply or delete email, it does all this with your Outlook? I apologize in advance for my cluelessness folks...I just have my 8830 and my business pays for the BES from a 3rd party company here in town and it works.
    I believe you will find the answer to be no. You can push email, but it will not sync calender and contacts OTA.
    05-27-09 05:47 PM
    If the Pre works with EAS properly you should be able to sync contacts, calendar and email (assuming you have an EAS to use obviously).
    05-27-09 05:55 PM
    Thanks Papped. I called my 3rd party BES admin company and they said as long as they phone has EAS, everything should do essentially what my BES does on the 8830, sans a few additional security features you get with RIM. I just hate to spend the cash(and time) if it won't do what I'm wanting/needing, but there's worse things in life to worry about.
    05-28-09 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD