Is it true that the Palm Pre will not work without a data plan? That you need a data plan to even make phone calls?
    09-29-09 10:30 AM
    Nope you can make calls without data plan .. Just won't get discount for the palm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 12:35 PM
    Is it true that the Palm Pre will not work without a data plan? That you need a data plan to even make phone calls?
    You need to buy the data plan with the phone...
    12-10-09 02:06 AM
    Pre requires SE or everything data plans. It's mandatory, not because it wouldn't work but because Sprint requires it.
    12-10-09 12:30 PM
    Pre requires SE or everything data plans. It's mandatory, not because it wouldn't work but because Sprint requires it.
    Actually you won't be able to activate a Pre without a dataplan on the line as several GSM Pre buyers have discovered. Of course a Pre without a dataplan is almost as pointless as a BB without a dataplan.
    12-10-09 01:55 PM
    the phone must have a data plan, or it doesnt work. tried it
    12-12-09 12:55 PM
    What if you buy the phone with the data plan, then cancel the data plan a few days later? What do you think Sprint would think of that? I would just like to use the phones WIFI, I don't care if I get data coverage everywhere.
    12-29-09 08:06 PM
    What if you buy the phone with the data plan, then cancel the data plan a few days later? What do you think Sprint would think of that? I would just like to use the phones WIFI, I don't care if I get data coverage everywhere.
    Doesn't work, because they require everything data or SE plans to begin with.. You can't cancel the data because those plans have it mandatory and those plans are mandatory to have the phone active. Get a phone that doesn't require SE or everything data plans, that's your only option.
    12-30-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD