So I have a rooted HTC hero with sprint. I also have flashed the fresh rom onto it... yes my hero is "fresh" lol. Well anyway my little brother got the pre last weekend and seems to love it. I do like certain things about it such as... He says that he can get 4g connection speeds? I was told a few months back by sprint that only air cards could pick up 4g at this point? IDK if its true or not just what he says... anybody know for sure? the one the I HATE on the pre is the keyboard... is there a touch screen keyboard available?? I guess I'm just lookin for some tech knowledge to compare the two phones. I love my hero, but I also love constantly getting new phones to play with =)

Thanks guys,
    01-03-10 03:24 PM
    4g phones aren't even available, don't believe that crap. There is a homebrew virtual keyboard available, but the hardware keyboard is better.
    01-03-10 07:16 PM
    I just traded in my Hero for a Pre today. I was having a lot of issues with the Hero that wouldn't be addressed until the next update. I didn't want to wait until the update for my phone to perform as it should. It is a pity because the Hero was a great device. But the little bugs were annoying. I have had the Pre for about an hour, but haven't had the chance to test it out yet because I am doing the 1.4 OS update. I am excited about having full flash support now. I will let you know what I think after.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 05:28 PM
    I just traded in my Hero for a Pre today. I was having a lot of issues with the Hero that wouldn't be addressed until the next update. I didn't want to wait until the update for my phone to perform as it should. It is a pity because the Hero was a great device. But the little bugs were annoying. I have had the Pre for about an hour, but haven't had the chance to test it out yet because I am doing the 1.4 OS update. I am excited about having full flash support now. I will let you know what I think after.

Flash is going to be nice, but don't abuse it. The Pre's battery life is horrible already, too much flash will drain it in no time.

This basically goes for every phone, but out of all the devices getting flash, I'm pretty sure the Pre has the worst batter life.
    02-27-10 06:14 PM
    you may be right about the battery life, ut I still can't wait for flash. The browser is already the fastest I have ever sen. I can' wait to see what the full flash support will do for it. All I need now is tthe release date of the beta version and all will be good.

03-01-10 05:48 AM
    Flash is horrible on any mobile device, IMO. Nothing works right. adobe just decided to throw the desktop plugin on phones to satisfy people.

03-01-10 06:05 PM
    Flash is horrible on any mobile device, IMO. Nothing works right. adobe just decided to throw the desktop plugin on phones to satisfy people.

I hope that it works well because they plan to put full flash on a lot of devices. I would like to see what the experience is going to be on a mobile device.

03-02-10 09:02 AM
    After a few days use, The Examiner improved its rating of the Hero, thanks to the use of the HandBrake converter, this allowed the MP4 video files to run smoother. There are a number of things that they miss about their old Pre, one of those is its physical keyboard.
    03-30-10 06:58 AM
    I didn't last to long with tbe Palm Pre. I have gone back to the Hero. Tbe Pre was a good device. But I haven't tbe patience for some of the hardware issues I was having. I chose to have the software issues of the Hero over the hardware issues of the Pre. I still cannot decide which one I like better.

04-12-10 11:32 PM
    I've had the Palm Pre for about 5 months now and it's probably the worst cell phone I've owned as far as reliability. It's a total love/hate relationship-at times I'm amazed with it's functionality and other times I'm very disapointed-battery life definitely being a key issue.
    The main reason I started visiting/researching crackberry.com is b/c I'm pretty sure my next phone will be a blackberry. I've owned one before and it was the best phone I've ever had-hands down. I'm going to wait for the new line-up I hope they announce at the end of April to make a decision.
    04-13-10 08:02 AM
    I've had the Palm Pre for about 5 months now and it's probably the worst cell phone I've owned as far as reliability. It's a total love/hate relationship-at times I'm amazed with it's functionality and other times I'm very disapointed-battery life definitely being a key issue.
    The main reason I started visiting/researching crackberry.com is b/c I'm pretty sure my next phone will be a blackberry. I've owned one before and it was the best phone I've ever had-hands down. I'm going to wait for the new line-up I hope they announce at the end of April to make a decision.
    You can never go wrong with a Blackberry. I have had a half dozen Blackberry devices and I have never had an issue with anyone of them.

04-14-10 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD