Has anybody tried one that has the 3GS? Any feedback would be great I have little to no signal and dropped calls,att said that 1 bar was considered good enough. I'm thinking of switching phones or carriers. I love my iphone i just cant use it.
    05-18-10 02:48 PM
    If you have bad reception, switch. Seriously, it'll be way worth it in the long run.
    05-18-10 03:09 PM
    I would just switch. I would love to have a Palm Pre.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 04:34 PM
    The phone does not run as smooth as the iPhone. You can really tell when you are opening up apps, the phone just lags. You can try a different phone and if that doesn't solve your problem just switch carriers. A phone is only as good as the service that comes with it. When looking at other carriers make sure you check their coverage maps to see if the provide service where you live/work/school etc

05-18-10 04:58 PM
    Since you have 30 days to play with another device, I'd try one out first and see whether it's the device or the network. If it's the phone, problem solved. If it's the phone, sell your 3Gs to help pay for the ETF and some of the cost of the new phone on the new network.
    05-18-10 06:06 PM
    I have the Pre, but for Sprint and from all the reviews, I'm hearing the hardware is better.

Service... my Sprint Pre gets about 1-2 bars (used to be 2-3) on avg. This is why it has stayed home since the iPhone release; only seeing the light of day a handful of times.
    05-18-10 06:09 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I went to the att store today and they changed my sim card and said try it and it worked fine till i started home and the signal faded and now 1 to no service. The first store did not have any palm pre's the one that changed the sim had a live one, I'm a little concerned with the small key's but it seemed like a pretty nice phone I may try it.
    05-18-10 08:41 PM
    Anyone else in your household with an iPhone and/or AT&T with reception issues? If not, how about co-workers, friends and/or neighbors?
    05-18-10 09:19 PM
    My wife has a blackberry pearl and my son has a 3gs also she has about the same my son says he has signal up stair in his room but outside that he has none. None of them are great, My phone has no signal at home about 98% of the time. My neighbors just switched to verizon they use there phone for their primary home phone.
    05-18-10 11:02 PM
    If u truely have no service AT&T can let u out of ur contracts without ETFs.

05-19-10 08:47 AM
    I pretty good, although I drop to EDGE sometimes at home.
    05-19-10 10:04 AM
    have both, pre plus bought sunday. i love webos
    from being in the sprint store yesterday, the build quality on the pre plus trumps the one on sprint by ten fold.
    05-19-10 01:59 PM
    have both, pre plus bought sunday. i love webos
    from being in the sprint store yesterday, the build quality on the pre plus trumps the one on sprint by ten fold.
    Good to know.
    05-19-10 04:00 PM
    Good to know.
    planning to get one?
    05-19-10 06:27 PM
    Has anybody tried one that has the 3GS? Any feedback would be great I have little to no signal and dropped calls,att said that 1 bar was considered good enough. I'm thinking of switching phones or carriers. I love my iphone i just cant use it.
    I had the original iPhone & watched AT&T's service go down the tubes as the device gained popularity so I switched to an iPhone 3G & experienced the same if not worse service with AT&T. After selling both my iPhones, I really missed using them so I picked up an unlocked iPhone 3GS. It allows me to use it on another carrier such as T-Mobile. In my area, T-Mobile's service is decent & more cost effective when compared to AT&T. For voice, messaging & data, I clear $71.30 per month with T-Mobile.

My work phone is a Palm PrePlus on Verizon's network & I really like but I could not give up my iPhone so that's my story.

05-19-10 06:56 PM
    I would gladly give up my iPhone for a palm pre.

05-19-10 07:38 PM
    planning to get one?
    I plan to trade my Sprint one for an att version. If I can't, I'll sell it and see what the difference in cost would be.
    05-19-10 09:29 PM
    I hope i can get a pre eventually. Been waiting for AT&T to get it for a while.

05-20-10 12:58 AM
    Web OS is nice but its hard to recommend to anyone to purchase now with an uncertain future with HP- will they continue to support the OS as a phone? Will they kill Web OS phones in lieu of other types of devices? A lot of important questions to ask before dropping money on one
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-20-10 at 01:32 AM.
    05-20-10 01:30 AM
    They've stated they plan on to continue with WebOS and even put it on devices in general and not just phones.

http://www.precentral.net/hp-ceo-exp...s-and-printers

Edit: Moved topic to WebOS forums.
    05-20-10 06:10 PM
    I have the AT&T Palm Pre+. Having never owned a Palm device in my life, and never really considered one, I have to say this was a great purchase. It feels really good in the hand. I left the iPhone for a 9700 and never regretted it. I loved the multitasking and the functionality that I bought. There was one thing that I felt lacking and personally (for me), I also enjoy having a nicer UI and no matter what I did, or what themes I had, I never really felt satisfied.

The Pre+ provides me with everything that I want. Now that I have installed some of the homebrews and community contributions, the phone is really becoming hard to replace. The hardware is not that great relatively, and WebOS is still maturing and doesn't have a big support community like iPhone or Android but given what I am experiencing so far, webOS blows them away. I've had android and iPhones so I'm speaking from experience. Plus, with the overclocking kernel I just installed, this thing flies.

The email on the BB was just disappointing for me (coming from an iPhone at that time). Don't get me wrong, it's awesome especially with the late 2-way gmail sync but I was not happy with the rendering of html emails. That was one thing I could not get over also.

Anyone considering switching to the Pre+ should weigh the Pros and Cons, and of course, think about the things you will be using it for.
    05-21-10 11:32 AM
    The Pre has everything I'd need. Although so do iPhones, Android phones, and Blackberrys.

I've wanted a Palm Pre for a looong time. Now I want one even more since I could easily switch between my iPhone and Palm Pre.
    05-21-10 09:29 PM
    I picked up a Pre Plus on Sunday just to try it out for a while as I had always been a fan of the form factor and WebOs. One thing to consider if you are going to get this phone is that make sure you keep a spare battery or charger with you at all times. The battery is absolutely awful!! Palm should be ashamed of themselves for shipped the phone with a battery that will barely last a few hours with heavy use.
    05-24-10 05:40 AM
    I picked up a Pre Plus on Sunday just to try it out for a while as I had always been a fan of the form factor and WebOs. One thing to consider if you are going to get this phone is that make sure you keep a spare battery or charger with you at all times. The battery is absolutely awful!! Palm should be ashamed of themselves for shipped the phone with a battery that will barely last a few hours with heavy use.
    I agree with you 100%

Here are a couple of options:

If you are with Verizon Wireless, there latest firmware upgrade which does not come with the phone does help with the battery life along with some other issues. Just run the update & download it.

There is also a heavy duty battery available from Seidio. The best price I found was from the the Amazon marketplace.

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell Battery for Palm Pre (Black): Cell Phones & Service

The battery does help & makes the device have respectable battery life. The only draw back is the Seidio aftermarket battery is not compatible with the Touchstone charger from Palm.
    05-24-10 05:49 AM
    I may be in Canada, but from my experience I get 2-3 bars in the middle of my office in an old factory. Steel everywhere. My Storm and Curve would drop to 1 bar in the same spot and the only time I have ever dropped a call was on the Storm. Pre has had consistently better signal than any of my BBs.
    05-24-10 09:02 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD