A pretty good hands on review from Treo|Central member.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1632677-post1.html
    Last edited by Slingbox; 06-03-09 at 04:43 PM.
    06-03-09 04:38 PM
    I always am skeptical of any reviews that seem *too* optimistic though...

This review reminds me of a Touch Pro 2 review recently that scored everything about the Touch Pro 2 as amazing (even things like the lack of 3.5mm headjack, which is a joke)...

Even if we assume the phone is the best phone on the planet, they are severely going to burn themselves due to the launch shortages...:
    Palm's Pre: a star is born? | Technology | Internet | Reuters
    Last edited by papped; 06-03-09 at 04:47 PM.
    06-03-09 04:41 PM
    I always am skeptical of any reviews that seem *too* optimistic though...

This review reminds me of a Touch Pro 2 review recently that scored everything about the Touch Pro 2 as amazing (even things like the lack of 3.5mm headjack, which is a joke)...

Even if we assume the phone is the best phone on the planet, they are severely going to burn themselves due to the launch shortages...:
    Palm's Pre: a star is born? | Technology | Internet | Reuters
    Oh yeah there will definitely be shortage.It should be a very interesting for the next few weeks watching how it pans out.
    06-03-09 04:49 PM
    Lets please wait till Genius or Addict level people get ther hands on the Pre, also I hope the Bestbuy or Sprint store in my area has one to play with
    06-03-09 07:40 PM
    Won't be me, but I will be able to give a review of the N97 =P
    06-03-09 07:44 PM
    I played with a Pre weeks ago
    Can't say that I've ever held a phone like it, and couldn't really figure anything out
    06-03-09 08:27 PM
    In his review, he said "So like a crack addict scoring... I huddled in the corner and started my demo". The phone could have started smoking, and he would have raved about how the phone comes with a built in hand warmer for outdoor enthusiasts...

I don't know. I think we'll have to wait for the smoke to clear before we can get a very good idea.
    06-03-09 08:56 PM
    Won't be me, but I will be able to give a review of the N97 =P
    What is up with Sprint anyway can they get the N97 or any Nokia phone? I dont want a Nokia but Europeans love Nokia and they are the best at regular phone
    06-03-09 10:51 PM
    06-03-09 10:54 PM
    The N97 is a gsm unlocked, unbranded phone and NA is nokia's weakest market, so I doubt you'll see a cdma N97 for Sprint anytime soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 12:31 AM
    Just to let you guys know. The Pre can only be bought at a Store (Best Buy Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, etc) The phone will not be available online or over the phone. It will be first come first serve with no pre-orders unless your signed up for the email notifications about 8 months ago. Also if you do get your hands on one and something goes wrong with it its up to the store where you bought it to "Decide" if they want to replace it. The warehouse that has the replacemment devices will not have any Pre's for nearly 6 months, so be gentle with them.
    06-04-09 08:55 AM
    Oh forgot to mention that the Pre has ZERO option to Tether and cannot be done as PAM. It doesnt even give you the option when hooking it up to the pc. While connected to a PC the pre will block all data inc and outgoing to the phone this incudes calls and sms.
    06-04-09 09:03 AM
    It gets even better, Palm master advertising is out in the wild.
    If your in a bad mood this mourning video in link and viewer comments will cheer you up .

Interesting video using The Red Chinese ,poppie seeds and alien looking girl come together as one.lol
    Video: Latest Palm Pre ad makes poppies seem brutish
    Last edited by Slingbox; 06-04-09 at 09:48 AM.
    06-04-09 09:24 AM
    This review was just emailed to me from The Wash. Post.
    washingtonpost.com
    It seems that battery life runs about 2 days from this review.
    06-04-09 09:52 AM
    06-04-09 10:11 AM
    Very good video ,That pre browser is kick a** tearing apart the competition.
    The Pre cards are a major plus iphone cant touch
    06-04-09 10:31 AM
    Very good video ,That pre browser is kick a** tearing apart the competition.
    The Pre cards are a major plus iphone cant touch
    Yeah and this is only the first starting of webOS.
    06-04-09 02:43 PM
    This review was just emailed to me from The Wash. Post.
    washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines
    It seems that battery life runs about 2 days from this review.
    I highly doubt that, unless you turn off bluetooth, wi-fi, GPS, etc. and only make a modest amount of calls and texts. Basically, you'd have to use the Pre like a Motorola Razor in order to get that kind of battery life out of it. I read another review somewhere else that said when they used the phone's features, it was dead by 1 or 2 PM. Not good.

I suppose I could turn all that stuff off on my Curve, and then go around boasting that I only have to charge mine every 7 days? Doesn't seem fair.
    06-04-09 04:43 PM
    The Curve's OS and how it uses its applications does not compare to WebOS at all.
    06-04-09 04:49 PM
    Well, it's not that I'm advocating switching, just passing on what I read.
    06-05-09 04:21 AM
    The pre looks much more interesting than my 8330 and web OS is greater than the current RIM software, but then again this is a website called CRACKBERRY so it is a little hard for some of you to say anything positive about a non RIM device. Palm seems to be on to something with Web OS, I hope it very successful and sprint does well with it as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 08:36 AM
    Lets please wait till Genius or Addict level people get ther hands on the Pre...
    Why is post count relevant?
    06-05-09 09:24 AM
    The gizmodo review seems a lot more down-to-earth than most of the other reviews I've seen so far...
    Gizmodo - Palm Pre Review - Palm pre

Decent amount of pro's and cons, whereas the other reviews seem to be pro, pro, double pro's, minor con at best (which wreaks of hype to me).

All the other reviews I've read are way too 'gushing'.
    06-05-09 01:46 PM
    Maybe because people actually like the device? Obviously, you don't seem like you'll like the phone. Why do you keep posting here?
    06-05-09 02:08 PM
    Maybe because people actually like the device? Obviously, you don't seem like you'll like the phone. Why do you keep posting here?
    Untwist your underwear

I posted a review of the Pre in the Pre forum. Shocking! I know! How dare I...
    Last edited by papped; 06-05-09 at 02:11 PM.
    06-05-09 02:08 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD