For those of that are interested the Palm Pre was just released by Sprint. I may have to go finger one at a local Sprint store. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 09:36 AM
    you're going to "finger" one?
    interesting terminology

let us know what you think of it!
    04-17-09 09:37 AM
    Haha weird terma there but do keep us updated. Is the palm pre the phone shown on that new Sprint 4G commercial?

04-17-09 09:45 AM
    Are you sure its out, I dont think it is.
    04-17-09 09:46 AM
    Are you sure its out, I dont think it is.
    I was on the mailing list for the announcement. Sprint just sent me an email telling me that it is the newest member of the Sprint family.

04-17-09 09:49 AM
    That's funny... I could have SWORN this was a Blackberry site. Did some little evil leprechaun come in and switch around my bookmarks in the night?
    04-17-09 09:50 AM
    The new PRE is why I switched from Palm devices to BB. I think the PRE is a cheaply made slider knock-off. They have taken a well made, and durable device and turned into something that is just plain wrong. I am interested in the features and plans it offers, but it's just the device I have such a problem with. If the PRE was designed like the Treos, I would have got on board.
    04-17-09 09:50 AM
    That's funny... I could have SWORN this was a Blackberry site. Did some little evil leprechaun come in and switch around my bookmarks in the night?
    ha, we're just talkin' -- although it really shouldn't be in the BB Storm OS forum...and I see it has been moved....
    04-17-09 09:51 AM
    False. Pre is not out yet. I got the email... it's just contains links to help promote the Pre.
    04-17-09 11:30 AM
    ^Indeed. It wont be released until May 17th and June 1.

So far, those who have tested it, have said its just a flop.
    04-17-09 03:41 PM
    I think the pre is a last gasp for air from a drowning company. I had a treo 650 for 4 years and it was a good device. But the screws started falling out and the touch screen did no work right in it's last days. I have only had my bb for a couple days and it's definitely a step up from the treo.

04-19-09 12:05 AM
    I think the pre is a last gasp for air from a drowning company. I had a treo 650 for 4 years and it was a good device. But the screws started falling out and the touch screen did no work right in it's last days. I have only had my bb for a couple days and it's definitely a step up from the treo.

I'm sorry but anything would be a step up from anything 4 years old ... Most people are already complaining that their curve 8330 is sooooo out dated (it's not even a year old). Also, let's not forget that the Pre is certainly NOT a treo.

04-26-09 08:44 AM
    When its released I think there will be a little hoopla about it...I got one of those e-mails too...its nothing to write home about
    04-29-09 09:12 PM
    When its released I think there will be a little hoopla about it...I got one of those e-mails too...its nothing to write home about
    In terms of consumer smart phones, it has the potential to be better then the IPhone so I think it'll have more then a little hoopla. It's just so unfortunate that it's on Sprint instead of Verizon (for me or anyone that is sick of Verizon's crap smart phone selection). I'm seriously thinking about leaving Verizon for the Pre. At this rate it'll be 2011 before Verizon gets a great consumer smartphone. It's pathetic.
    04-30-09 12:17 PM
    In terms of consumer smart phones, it has the potential to be better then the IPhone so I think it'll have more then a little hoopla. It's just so unfortunate that it's on Sprint instead of Verizon (for me or anyone that is sick of Verizon's crap smart phone selection). I'm seriously thinking about leaving Verizon for the Pre. At this rate it'll be 2011 before Verizon gets a great consumer smartphone. It's pathetic.
    So basically ur on a blackberry blog site and ur supporting iphone? unless ur really ******** and dont kno that verzion has blackberry's?
    04-30-09 03:50 PM
    The GSM version is called Pixie and is a candy bar phone

04-30-09 06:06 PM
    So basically ur on a blackberry blog site and ur supporting iphone? unless ur really ******** and dont kno that verzion has blackberry's?
    You're asking me if I'm ******** yet you couldn't understand what I'm saying even though its plain as day and on top of that you're typing like a 12 year old. Please. Grow up a little, read my post again, then try and respond like you're at least over the age of 14. Thanks.
    04-30-09 10:49 PM
    Lol.. It really has next to no chance at being better than the iPhone.

The small design and tinnnny keys already put it at a disadvantage.

04-30-09 10:53 PM
    Lol.. It really has next to no chance at being better than the iPhone.

The small design and tinnnny keys already put it at a disadvantage.

Just because of its size? LOL

You're not serious. The fact that it has a physical keyboard, small or not gives it an advantage contrary to what you're saying so what else in your mind gives the Pre no chance at being better then the IPhone?
    04-30-09 10:56 PM
    The Pre release date has not been.... released =) I work for Sprint I use an 8330 and I am seriously thinking about switching to the Pre when it comes out. That phone looks amazing.... Pre > iPhone
    05-01-09 12:18 AM
    Yeah Palm is probably going to go out of business if this doesn't do well
    05-01-09 07:13 AM
    I just switched to VZW for the Storm when it came out in Nov. It has failed to live up to my expectations in one key area that I value extremely high - it's web browser. Once the Pre comes out and I give it a test run I'm sure I'll be breaking contract for it. It's webkit browser looks to be the best yet and it's slated to be the first with Flash 10 support later this year. Combine that with probably the best multitasking out there and ability to have multiple browsers open... I'm sold.
    05-01-09 10:17 AM
    I'm definately getting one of these when they come out
    05-03-09 12:49 PM
    This phone has serious potential, but why are people trying to judge it before it's even been released? Don't be crazy. I'm psyched to give it a go, and could very conceivably ditch verizon for it (or wait til ATT has the Eos) but I'm not going either way until it's actually available in stores!

Don't forget... Palm is one of the first players in the smartphone industry. Those guys wrote the rule book, in a lot of ways. They were clearing going astray in more recent years, but they took the iPhone guy under their wing and disappeared creatively into a multi-year design and think-tank. They're already poised to release a product that, on the surface, looks like it will provide what so many smartphones currently lack... background apps, a good browser, support for Flash, etc. Needless to say, I'm expecting good things to result from this.
    05-03-09 01:29 PM
    I think I'm gonna wait for the Pixie if it comes to Sprint

05-04-09 04:07 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD