Does anyone know anything about the Palm Pre II? It seems to have a good qwerty keyboard and is quite functional. Any thoughts?
    03-06-11 07:24 AM
    There's a Palm Pre Forum here on CB. You might check that out. It has its fans, but I don't care for it. It has pretty nice software, but the hardware is pretty lacking, IMO. The screen is small, it isn't built that well, and the keyboard is not very good. Guess it all depends on what you want/need, but I would shop elsewhere. I think the fact that VZW has sold maybe two (?) Speaks volumes...lol! I've never actually seen anyone with one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 08:08 AM
    Moved to the Palm Pre Forum. You might also want to check CB's sister site PreCentral.......

PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    03-06-11 12:08 PM
    I had a Pre 2 for about a week, there was only one real reason why I let it go: the IM client does not work consistently with Yahoo! IM. With Gchat it was good about 75% of the time and there is no Windows Live support. Skype chat worked great.

Everything else about the experience was awesome (well, the battery s*cks @ss too). webOS is the most underrated platform out there, a real diamond in the rough.

If the IM issues are fixed with the Pre 3 it might be just what it takes to pry me away from my precious BB...though I'm going to wait until the Pre 3 and the Storm3/Monaco/whatever is available only because I'm not aching to leave BB.

About the keyboard on the Pre 2, it's smaller, and not near the standard of BB keyboards. Despite that, it's surprisingly useful, even for bigger thumbs. It does take a bit to get used to though, the top row of keys is a bit cramped against the upper layer of the mechanism/screen.

The PIM integration is very, very, very good. Give it a shot, if you don't like it, return it. Even if you decide to return it, you will miss some of that webOS experience. H#ll, webOS even has Angry Birds... :rollseyes:

...if only that IM client worked 100%...

To those that might ask: Palm Tier 3 support was able to replicate my problem and they could not find a fix. The Y! IM issue has apparently been around in the webOS-sphere for a while, the precentral.net forums talk about it.

I still recommend the device though...that's saying something. If I didn't use the IM function, I'd still be there (going through BBM withdrawals of course).
    03-06-11 11:44 PM
    I've been very happy with a Pre 2; looking forward to (and staying optimistic about) getting a Pre�, if I can find an unlocked one available.
    08-25-11 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD