Just read engadget's review. I thing the Pre if on Verizon would have been a much better choice for many first time BB users who got the storm, for reasons other than NSA level e-mail security...

See for yourselves.
    06-03-09 11:02 PM
    storm ftw...
    06-03-09 11:13 PM
    Verizon should have the pre early next year. Sprints exclusivity ends december
    06-03-09 11:36 PM
    I was reading an article on the AP news application. It's a pretty lengthy one at that.

It talks about the pre being a complete flop. I'll try to find it again, but if you've got the app i'm sure you'll be able to find it.
    06-03-09 11:40 PM
    That phone is cool! I hope the Storm can get some OS/interface upgrades. It looks like the Pre can rival the iPhone like the Storm was supposed to.
    06-03-09 11:40 PM
    no doubt about it, the Pre looks pretty sick.
    I'm sure it's a great phone, but to be honest, i'm more interested in what RIM has in store for us on the storm 2.
    06-03-09 11:45 PM
    It probably would have done RIM's reputation some good if half the people that bought a storm had bought a pre instead.
    Then they could catch **** for reboots and mem loss and a buggy OS which even that glowing review admits are there.

But the pre was not out and is still not out, so that is like saying 2008 Mustang buyers would have been better off buying a Camaro.
    06-03-09 11:54 PM
    yeah i am betting the pre hits verizon pretty fast, its cdma already afterall and big red doesnt let themselves get dealt out of the new phone game (cant count the iphone, since big red was approached first and turned it down)
    06-04-09 12:43 AM
    I was reading ap news about the pre sounds like it will be a good phone but has some major battery drain. I would love to play with the pre for a week or so but I really can't wait for the storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 01:22 AM
    seems like a good phone....but iam sticking to my storm
    06-04-09 01:59 AM
    What RIM really needs to focus on is revamping the OS... that's the only thing keeping it from truly rivaling the iphone.

06-04-09 03:02 AM
    I was reading an article on the AP news application. It's a pretty lengthy one at that.

It talks about the pre being a complete flop. I'll try to find it again, but if you've got the app i'm sure you'll be able to find it.
    So far the reviews on the product have been promising, boygenious engadget cnet.
    06-04-09 04:59 AM
    I have to admit that the gestures video looked extremely impressive..

I still probably wont own a pre..

but for someone who doesn't
    want a blackberry the pre is definetly a option you can tell just by how plush it seems to run.

It will be a good device.
    06-04-09 06:14 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f21/got...g-bb-s-240879/

i already posted a thread after playing around with the Pre in my hands
    06-04-09 07:01 AM

Pre will be a flop?

Come on now. That is just ridiculous. One of the most innovative phones to come out since the iPhone will not flop.

I predict the Pre will outsell the Storm.
    06-04-09 03:36 PM
    Pre will be a flop?

Come on now. That is just ridiculous. One of the most innovative phones to come out since the iPhone will not flop.

even though being a avid blackberry fan... I somewhat agree

I think the pre is going to do really well..

When I watched the notification video all I have to say is hey I personally think they did that bit better then the iPhone.
    06-04-09 03:39 PM
    Pre will be a flop?

So your Logic more units sold = better device?
    (Not saying the Storm is going to be even as close in "goodness" to the pre, knowing.. well.. it's a storm)

I was only saying what I had read. I might have edged the whole "flop" thing (lol) But the article was stating it's downsides. In end, saying they think the device was over hyped.

I for one, Love the WEB OS interface, looks beautiful and brilliant.
    But, many have ranted on it's keyboard and overall build quality/structure.

If it out sells the Storm, There is something wrong. It's on Sprint for God's sake. Maybe when it hits other carriers (I'm only speaking US)

(Note: This isn't a bash against sprint.. lol)
    Last edited by BrianW2007; 06-04-09 at 03:45 PM.
    06-04-09 03:41 PM
    Pre will be a flop?

No doubt check this video out.

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-b...3g-g1-showdown
    06-04-09 03:43 PM

When I watched the notification video all I have to say is hey I personally think they did that bit better then the iPhone.
    agree......very nice touch.
    06-04-09 03:45 PM
    So your Logic more units sold = better device?
    it makes it a great device........why? You said it below in so many words : )

It's a matter of perspective, see below

If it out sells the Storm, There is something wrong. It's on Sprint for God's sake. Maybe when it hits other carriers (I'm only speaking US)
    correct there is something wrong from one perspective and something right from another : )
    06-04-09 03:54 PM
    Damn you CK, You and your twisting abilities. HAHA
    06-04-09 03:55 PM
    cards.....those cards : )

If there ever was a rival to the iPhone, the Pre is it.

Great video. thanks for sharing.
    06-04-09 04:09 PM
    Damn you CK, You and your twisting abilities. HAHA
    =: )

10char
    06-04-09 04:10 PM
    yeah i am betting the pre hits verizon pretty fast, its cdma already afterall and big red doesnt let themselves get dealt out of the new phone game (cant count the iphone, since big red was approached first and turned it down)
    Is that true?!?! Had no idea ATT was apple's 2nd choice

06-04-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD