hi al,
    I just got my pre last friday. so far I like it. I also have a motorola droid.
    I do think the webos is a little more advanced than the android os..does anyone disagree?

I did notice that both phones are pretty identical..however the pre plus has no voice dial??
    is there software that would enable the phone to do voice dial ?

I do like to use voice dial a lot..well I did on my droid..

any suggestions?

I contacted palm support and they said voice dial isnt available on the pre plus but a future os update could have it installed..
    02-03-10 11:59 AM
    That's basically the issue with webOs, it's still too young.

A lot of features are not available yet (video recording, voice dial, customization of anything, etc).
    02-03-10 01:06 PM
    I'm sure features like voice dial will be included in future OS updates.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-10 12:03 AM
    I dont think thay the Pre is better than the Droid. I think thav the Android OS has a lot more features. The hardware on the Droid is better too. I would much prefer the keyboard of the Droif o the keyboard of the Pre, however, I don't think that the keyboard ob the Pre is that bad. There are some features that are missing from the Pre like spell check, the ability to cut, copy, and paste from web, save pictures from the web, use emoticons in text messages, home button is limited, and there is no autotext. All of these things wee on my blackberry before and I miss them. I hope that there are future updates that add these features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 07:36 PM
    They will probably be added in time.

I would put up with all of that just for webOS though. I can't wait until AT&T gets some webOS devices.
    03-03-10 08:53 PM
    It's basically the early iphone syndrome like I said in another thread. Does some advanced stuff well (3d gaming, synergy, nice UIs, etc), yet missing some really basic functionality...
    03-03-10 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD