With the delayed U.S. launch said to occur in March of this year, do you wonder how well the BB message will be heard
    with the roar of other product launches?

HTC One (Mid March)
    HTC One release date: March, available on AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile | BGR

IPad 5 (could be out mid March)
    iPad 5 release date optimistically pegged for March | News | TechRadar

IPhone 5s (maybe)
    Apple iPhone 5S 'due by March 2013' and iTV by June | Apple rumours News | The Week UK

IPad 5 (again, maybe)
    Apple will launch iPad 5 in March 2013,later iPhone 5S | Best Information Technologies

Samsung S4 (maybe, maybe not)
    Samsung Galaxy S4 release date | S4 specs and rumours - PC Advisor

If all these launches happen around March 2013 does the new BB stand a chance?
    Are the U.S. carriers attempting to seal BBs fate? Will they get behind selling the new BBs or go Droid/Apple on us?
    Does BB have the ability to advertise and execute a U.S. launch that will compete with these players?

Will March come in like a Lion and go out like a Lamb for Blackberry?

Tim
    02-19-13 11:22 AM
    IMHO... it will affect it slightly.. but.....

iphone line up will look and feel exactly like the previous... so people will be even MORE sick of APPLE trying to squeeze every drop of blood out of their customers with outdate crap.

Samsung... i have no idea what the SIV will bring to the table but i can see it being an In between product from the S3 and NOTE II... with a little better screen resolution, a little bigger, a little faster processors but overall same look and feel of what's out now..(pebble shape with a home button and soft buttons on the side of it)

HTC... well enough said.. haha jk.. the specs looks promising, but again the question is.. can the battery last? and it just looks exactly like the Z10... and i don't think HTC has enough pull in their products to sway people ... Sense is laggy and i dunno what the the new Sense will bring to the table.. a new UI maybe? but the same Sense! and i never really liked thier design .. but again android has a slew of launchers to replace sense and don't forget the custom ROMs to usually change it if you don;t like it,..

so those that are waiting on the Z10 will still be getting it.. and those that are loyal to their brand will be getting those brands... but i think with this year being a MINOR upgrade year (IMHO) it shouldn't affect the Z10 too too... i think people will still be waiting to see how mature BB10 can be by the summer..

just like the reviews saying the Z10 doesn't leap over the competition .. i don';t think the new products u mentioned are leaping over what they currently have in the market...

NEXT YEAR.... might be a different story...

again just my humble opinion
    02-19-13 11:30 AM
    Whats really troublesome is that recent rumors said that Z10 won't even be relased til April or mid-May... I think BBRY should focus on emerging markets where there are still explosive growth, forget about the US market
    I can see your point, to a point.

These are too many enterprise sales and maintaining any of the U.S. market is vital in the long run to BB.
    Just too many companies currently running BBs to turn their back on them now.

If they did, this would be one of the more fatal self inflicted shots to the head BB has ever pulled.
    They know the markets overseas where they are doing good now can and will turn more more hostile toward BB
    as other phones make their way in to their world.

Timid is not what they should be right now.

Get it done and get it out.

Tim
    02-19-13 11:32 AM
    If you waited this long for a BlackBerry Z10, another new iPhone, Galaxy, HTC device isn't going to sway you.

It may hurt the average consumer looking for a new phone sale, but for consumers who know they want BB10 and know what BB10 is, will wait it out.
    02-19-13 11:33 AM
    Im PIssed.. bottom line.. i want the phone
    02-19-13 11:37 AM
    Definitely isn't good to win back customers because you know that the HTC device and Samsung will probably be priced less than the Z10 and have better specs all the way around. RIM had a two month window to themselves and blew it. Also we are seeing statements that testing is done with the US carriers, and likely the delays now are waiting for the big name "committed" apps to actually materialize. RIM blew an excellent opportunity. Well maybe they'll put out an Aristo in the late summer or early fall for the US market. I still think the Z10 will have an initial surge in sales in the US because of pent up demand from BlackBerry user base, but now with the other players getting ready to do refreshes the Z10 will get lost in the specs and noise created by the competition over the next few months IMHO.
    02-19-13 11:49 AM
    Personally I will be happy if the Z10 comes out at all in March...
    02-19-13 11:56 AM
    If you waited this long for a BlackBerry Z10, another new iPhone, Galaxy, HTC device isn't going to sway you.

It may hurt the average consumer looking for a new phone sale, but for consumers who know they want BB10 and know what BB10 is, will wait it out.
    But that's the million dollar question isn't it? Are there enough people willing to pay premium prices to turn the company around?

We'll find out in a few months.
    02-19-13 02:15 PM
    There are 7 million of Blackberry subscribers
    That sentence has no context, I don't understand what you are trying to say.
    richardat likes this.
    02-19-13 03:11 PM
    Personally, I don't care or can care less about what other phone comes out in March or April. I'm only getting one phone and that is the BB Z10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-19-13 03:46 PM