Someone returned a TP that they had received as a gift and traded it for a playbook (they need a rear camera on the device). Needless to say I swooped and snagged me a 32gb model. Loving it so far, I forgot how much I loved webos.
    09-06-11 04:16 PM
    Why don't these things happen for me?
    09-09-11 12:53 PM
    Someone returned a TP that they had received as a gift and traded it for a playbook (they need a rear camera on the device). Needless to say I swooped and snagged me a 32gb model. Loving it so far, I forgot how much I loved webos.
    From where?
    09-09-11 01:00 PM
    The Source. It was pure luck. I happened to be working when she brought it back. When it was put on fire sale staff weren't allowed to buy it so we all lost out. She brought it back and everyone looked at me because it was no secret that I badly wanted one. When she said there was nothing wrong with it I was so excited lol. We had to keep it for a couple of days but no one came in looking for one so I got the all clear to buy.

I love it more every day. Sorry PK! Would it help if I lie and say it sucks?
    09-14-11 11:09 PM
    I got mine from QVC yesterday. They had a deal for the 32 GB one with a case and the touchstone dock for $200 + tax and shipping. Loving it so far besides the random slow downs.

reeneebob likes this.
    09-15-11 07:58 PM
    Have you loaded preware and taken off the underclocking? HP downthrottled the processor - I have mine set to the actual rating of 1.5 and the slowdowns don't exist anymore. Also make sure you have the latest os.
    09-15-11 11:01 PM
    Have you loaded preware and taken off the underclocking? HP downthrottled the processor - I have mine set to the actual rating of 1.5 and the slowdowns don't exist anymore. Also make sure you have the latest os.
    Yep, I did. The first thing I did actually. There are still some annoying hang ups though...like if I'm trying to swipe through my emails or the app catalog. I have a feeling that has to do with webOS not being optimized rather than the hardware.
    Last edited by Karmaloop; 09-16-11 at 01:38 PM.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-16-11 01:35 PM
    Could be. I haven't had the slowdowns even before the uberkernal unless I had about 25 cards open. I am very happy with it so far though. The Angry Birds easter egg is also endlessly entertaining heh. If you haven't found it yet, turn it sideways so the home led is to the left, open a card and pull down on it instead of flinging up, then go of the card I found it by accident and almost died laughing.
    aNYthing24 likes this.
    09-16-11 09:43 PM
    the wife loves hers that i got for her. I have the same setup basically running at 1.5 and its really nice and fast actually. I love webOS too actually so its a great score
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-16-11 09:49 PM
    Congratulations, you guys!

Excited for you, RB! Right place at right time!
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-16-11 10:12 PM
    Could be. I haven't had the slowdowns even before the uberkernal unless I had about 25 cards open. I am very happy with it so far though. The Angry Birds easter egg is also endlessly entertaining heh. If you haven't found it yet, turn it sideways so the home led is to the left, open a card and pull down on it instead of flinging up, then go of the card I found it by accident and almost died laughing.
    Yeah I saw it in a video before I got my touchpad but I couldn't figure out how to replicate it. Thanks for telling me haha.
    09-16-11 10:45 PM
    No problem.
    09-16-11 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD