If Livermorium can get official support like the Xperia project than that's a big plus. Don't know if the SF team wants take that on right now tho, they are off schedule on Xperia.
    08-08-17 06:41 PM
    Reminds me of the Nokia E7, which came with a similar design.
    BlueOhSix likes this.
    08-09-17 11:59 PM
    There will also be an Android version.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-17 12:05 PM
    Another look at the design
    Attached Thumbnails Livermorium,  a slider keyboard smartphone running Sailfish OS-tapatalk_1503639610376.jpg  
    BlueOhSix likes this.
    08-25-17 12:41 AM
    I'm not here to argue, and I'm not kidding you! The KeyOne is ridiculously priced, and that's my opinion! If you're pricing it based on the "competition" you're copying, then that's a bad strategy for sales, or a good strategy for failure! Have a look at Xiaomi Mi6 price and specs! Have a look at Motorola Moto X4 price and specs! Anyway, as I said I'm glad you find the price right and hope it sells well! Thanks for replying to my comment!
    not sure what you meant by copying since BlackBerry dropped the ball on all us Priv owners now out of luck on a slider upgrade. I'd jump on any manufacturer making a decent one, especially a landscape qwerty with 5 rows and a staggered keyboard the way it should be. Also the 5 row qwerty phones I've had in the past had a dedicated number row and were able to fit all the major symbols on the physical keyboard and not have to hunt for symbols like & and % which are found on the on-screen keyboard with Priv which defeats the purpose in my opinion. To me it feels like they are copying the good android sliders of old maybe just with updated specs.
    Last edited by Trisk333; 09-14-18 at 04:19 AM. Reason: corrections
    09-14-18 04:16 AM
    Seems there’s been a bit of a setback:
    https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...eled-indiegogo

Doesn’t bode well for the success of the phone. It will probably just end up being another vaporware product.
    09-14-18 09:02 AM

Doesn’t bode well for the success of the phone. It will probably just end up being another vaporware product.
    Yeah they have given up on the Moto Mod Keyboard... but they were also working on this.

Our Own Solution to the Keyboard Lovers:

In the past few months, in parallel with the preparation and sourcing of the Keyboard Mod, we have established a new team and started to design our own and independent hardware keyboard product – A High-end and Premium Landscape Slider Smartphone. (Code name Q-device, please note this is not the final name)

We have reached a significant milestone this month. In comparison with the Keyboard Mod:

- Q-device is much slimmer than any Moto Z + Keyboard Mod combination. It is even thinner than the Keyboard Mod with battery itself.
    - Q-device weights much less than any Moto Z + Keyboard Mod combination.
    - Q-device has a higher spec than any of the current released Moto Z phones.
    - Q-device does not have the problem of opening keyboard to use rear camera.
    - Q-device will use much premium material, and will not be plastic.
    - Q-device feels much better when typing as the top part being much thinner and lighter than bottom. Keyboard Mod is the other way round.
    - Q-device uses much expected scattered layout.
    - Q-device can support other keyboard version easily, such as the much anticipated QWERTZ or Scandic version.
    - Q-device uses common components and chipsets which is easier for sourcing and production.

And the most important over all, is being independent and have everything under our control and our decision. We target to release this device by Q4 this year, and it will NOT be crowdfunded – which means you can purchase it when it is ready and produced!

The Q-device is still being developed and fine-tuned at the moment, which results a lot of information being confidential to us. I will release more information when it’s ready in coming weeks on Twitter.
    They want most of those that paid for the Moto Mod to stick with them to get a discount on this new phone... but in the comments, many want more details on Specs, Price and the promised discount.... and assurances about a Q4 delivery.

And they only had 1,600 backers... I get the Moto Mod platform might not have been enough of a success to support the accessory. But it would seem the component problems will still follow them with such a small batch of devices being produced (about 3,000 mod devices were planned).

Be something watch for...
    09-14-18 10:02 AM

All PKB add-ons have failed so far.

First, Chen sued the Ryan Seacrest project of the Typo keyboard cases

Then, last year Samsung stopped making keyboard cases for their Galaxy S phones

And now, Moto Mod slider keyboard is cancelled

Thankfully we have the KEYone/KEY2/LE to mash buttons on.
    09-14-18 10:03 AM
    All PKB add-ons have failed so far.

First, Chen sued the Ryan Seacrest project of the Typo keyboard cases

Then, last year Samsung stopped making keyboard cases for their Galaxy S phones

And now, Moto Mod slider keyboard is cancelled

Thankfully we have the KEYone/KEY2/LE to mash buttons on.
    Well, Typo needed to be sued. That was an absolute rip-off of the BlackBerry Bold key design - tilted bevel top and all.

"Years of research"... yeah, all done by BlackBerry.
    09-14-18 10:18 AM
    Well, Typo needed to be sued. That was an absolute rip-off of the BlackBerry Bold key design - tilted bevel top and all.

Years of research... in motion! 😀
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-14-18 10:41 AM

The Typo gen 1 cases for the iPhone 5/5S were indeed a direct rip-off of the Q10, but the gen 2 for 5/5S and for 6/6S don't have the frets and the key sculpting is less obvious of a rip-off. But hey, Chen didn't like anyway.
    09-14-18 11:23 AM
    There was a period there when many users were having a hard time making the jump from PKB to VKB.... we are talking about back when there were still 10's of millions who were moving from "some" PKB phone to a SLAB.

I think few found the accessory keyboard "desirable"...

But now in 2018, there are not as many PKB users left to convert to PKB... and what there is are probable finding a phone option the best solution - KEYdevice.

BlackBerry finial releasing a PKB Android phone.... probable killed the need for the Samsung keyboard cases. And too be honest I doubt there is room for much else while BBMo is actively filling the "demand".
    09-14-18 11:48 AM
    03-05-19 04:07 AM
    Look at that:

"Part of the sweet spots include being able to create keyboard shortcuts to open apps."

I thought it was a BlackBerry exclusive feature but I guess it isn't!

Competition is good!
    EskeRahn likes this.
    03-05-19 05:02 AM
    It seems to be great phone for me. But I already have KEY2LE and cannot afford buying expensive phone twice per year.. Selling LE in my country = at least half price down.
    03-07-19 03:25 AM
40 12