Hello,

for thoses of you not wanting to jump to Android or prefering a horizontal slider keyboard, there will maybe be another option beside the KEYone.

"Here is the specs of this device. This is not a fanboy dream - we already have working - stablised - debugged solution. It's real.

This is also not 100% confirmed and subject to further change. But this is what we are working at the moment.

The Livermorium "Pocket PC" Lauta-revival project:

SoC: Qualcomm MSM8953 64-bit 14nm

We decided to choose a mid-tier instead of flagship SoC because:
    - It's very expensive to get the flagship components with small quantity
    - The flagship solution itself is very expensive
    - Most of the time it's over powered and waste battery
    - MSM8953 is very power efficient and also have great performance

Display: 5.5" FHD 1080p IPS, Capacitive, 2.5D glass

The reason choose 5.5 over 5.0:
    - More "compatible" with Moto Keyboard Mod's slider part, same size, less work
    - More space on keypad, means bigger keys and more keys
    - Bigger battery

Camera:
    Front 8MP
    Rear Dual 13MP+13MP (RGB+Monochrome)

Some of the best we can get at the moment.

Storage: 64GB ROM +4GB RAM

Keyboard: 5 Rows slider similar to Moto Keyboard Mod, screen can be lifted.

BT4.1, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and 5GHz, GPS/Beidou/Glonass/Galileo
    USB Type-C with OTG, 3.5mm jack, MicroSD, Dual Sim, IR

Quad LTE bands + Quad WCDMA bands + Quad GSM bands.
    One version for NA and one version for EU

Sensors: Gravity, Proximity, E-compass, Gyroscope, optional fingerprint

Unlocked bootloader

Battery 3500mAH

Regarding OS, from all the great suggestions, here is the plan:

- Sailfish OS (will try to make it happen)
    - Lineage OS or GMS-Android (for general users who just want a physical keyboard)"

Livermorium,  a slider keyboard smartphone running Sailfish OS-capture.jpg
    Livermorium,  a slider keyboard smartphone running Sailfish OS-capture2.jpg
    Livermorium,  a slider keyboard smartphone running Sailfish OS-capture3.jpg

The price tag should be between €400 and €600.

https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99632
    elfabio80 likes this.
    08-05-17 05:52 PM
    side pics almost looks like Keyone lol.
    08-05-17 07:15 PM
    Was just thinking how cool it would be, instead of a traditional slider, to have a keyboard pop out with the push of a button. Kinda seems more futuristic to me lol idk. Anyway, this seems pretty cool and something I will buy (without android) if it happens.
    08-05-17 08:32 PM
    More photos?
    08-05-17 09:07 PM
    Link not safe?
    08-05-17 09:17 PM
    More photos?
    Not yet.But you can follow the project on the link I put on first post.
    08-06-17 02:39 AM
    Link not safe?
    It's just because the certificate for talk.maemo.org has expired. The team will soon renew it.

Talk.maemo.org (TMO) is a safe url, a place for Maemo/Meego/Sailfish fans to discuss.
    08-06-17 02:42 AM
    Is it just me that thinks the price is not right?
    08-06-17 02:55 AM
    Lol.
    These projects often flop hard, see neo900 and how long has that been going on?
    08-06-17 02:56 AM
    Is it just me that thinks the price is not right?
    Snapdragon 625, 4 Gb RAM, 64 Gb ROM, a very unusual form factor from a small team, and more importantly a niche product for a low number of potential buyers, for €400 to €600 ?

The price seems very fine to me actually.

Remember that the KEYone have a Snapdragon 625, 3 Gb RAM and 32 Gb ROM for €600...
    08-06-17 03:37 AM
    Lol.
    Often but not always. I crowfunded the GPD Pocket PC and I received it in june as promised, and it is even better in my hand than on paper.
    08-06-17 03:38 AM
    Snapdragon 625, 4 Gb RAM, 64 Gb ROM, a very unusual form factor from a small team, and more importantly a niche product for a low number of potential buyers, for €400 to €600 ?

The price seems very fine to me actually.

Remember that the KEYone have a Snapdragon 625, 3 Gb RAM and 32 Gb ROM for €600...
    The specs do not justify the price and the history of the company either.
    If it was €300 it would be more realistic! Anyway, glad you find it ok!
    08-06-17 03:40 AM
    The specs do not justify the price and the history of the company either.
    If it was €300 it would be more realistic! Anyway, glad you find it ok!
    What do you tink of the KEYone price then ? Because it costs more and have worse specs.

€300 more "realistic" ? You are kidding me right ? This product will be produced in small batchs, have a very unusual form factor, there is no way the final price could be €300.
    Even now, smartphones with the same Snapdragon 625 and only 3 Gb RAM and 32 Gb ROM cost more, although they are build in large quantities, so the parts cost is greatly reduced.
    08-06-17 03:50 AM
    What do you tink of the KEYone price then ? Because it costs more and have worse specs.

€300 more "realistic" ? You are kidding me right ? This product will be produced in small batchs, have a very unusual form factor, there is no way the final price could be €300.
    Even now, smartphones with the same Snapdragon 625 and only 3 Gb RAM and 32 Gb ROM cost more, although they are build in large quantities, so the parts cost is greatly reduced.
    I'm not here to argue, and I'm not kidding you! The KeyOne is ridiculously priced, and that's my opinion! If you're pricing it based on the "competition" you're copying, then that's a bad strategy for sales, or a good strategy for failure! Have a look at Xiaomi Mi6 price and specs! Have a look at Motorola Moto X4 price and specs! Anyway, as I said I'm glad you find the price right and hope it sells well! Thanks for replying to my comment!
    08-06-17 03:54 AM
    I'm not here to argue, and I'm not kidding you! The KeyOne is ridiculously priced, and that's my opinion! If you're pricing it based on the "competition" you're copying, then that's a bad strategy for sales, or a good strategy for failure! Have a look at Xiaomi Mi6 price and specs! Have a look at Motorola Moto X4 price and specs! Anyway, as I said I'm glad you find the price right and hope it sells well! Thanks for replying to my comment!
    Ok, KEYone is too pricy for you too, I didn't undertand it the first time, sorry.

Pricing is not based on competition, but on production costs. The guy behind this device needs to not lose money in the operation.

As for Xiaomi MI6 and MotoX4, you are comparing apples and oranges : they have a very classic form factor (parts are common) and they are sold in large quantity (the more you sell, the more you can have parts for cheaper price and have a better ROI by device with a lower price).

I respect your opinion, but it seems to me that you don't understand than niche products aimed to few peoples can't be as good priced than standard products aimed for mass market.
    08-06-17 04:40 AM
    Ok, KEYone is too pricy for you too, I didn't undertand it the first time, sorry.

Pricing is not based on competition, but on production costs. The guy behind this device needs to not lose money in the operation.

As for Xiaomi MI6 and MotoX4, you are comparing apples and oranges : they have a very classic form factor (parts are common) and they are sold in large quantity (the more you sell, the more you can have parts for cheaper price and have a better ROI by device with a lower price).

I respect your opinion, but it seems to me that you don't understand than niche products aimed to few peoples can't be as good priced than standard products aimed for mass market.
    I'm an engineer, and I understand very well. And my opinion is that the price is not right!

Adding a keyboard on a phone is not rocket science, others have done it before for many years!

Adding Four-Way Curved Glass is though, and still Mi6 has higher specs and design innovation!

I respect the fact that you support this venture - look forward to your review of this phone!
    08-06-17 04:47 AM
    Was just thinking how cool it would be, instead of a traditional slider, to have a keyboard pop out with the push of a button. Kinda seems more futuristic to me lol idk. Anyway, this seems pretty cool and something I will buy (without android) if it happens.
    Not hard to do if you think about it BlackBerry could do it easley
    08-06-17 07:07 AM
    The guy behind this device needs to not lose money in the operation...
    There are some on this site who refuse to believe this, despite attempts to convince them otherwise. Good luck with your project. Please keep us updated.
    08-06-17 08:06 AM
    Lol.
    Ahh.. The neo900, alleged successor of the n900.. I have the n900, it was a very good phone during its time..

I was very active in the maemo forum back then.. Not sure what happen with the new neo900 project..
    08-06-17 09:04 AM
    Ahh.. The neo900, alleged successor of the n900.. I have the n900, it was a very good phone during its time..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...36a6826033.jpg

I was very active in the maemo forum back then.. Not sure what happen with the new neo900 project..
    Such a beauty <3

Via Pasta CB10
    08-06-17 09:40 AM
    SOON:
    08-07-17 02:13 AM
    There are some on this site who refuse to believe this, despite attempts to convince them otherwise. Good luck with your project. Please keep us updated.
    Thank you, but it's not mine.

This project is lead by the one behind the keyboard Moto Mod, and the Youyouta Tablet.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-17 08:38 AM
    Looks like an interesting project... might have had more success if the KEYone didn't make it to market.

I doubt the guy behind it expect to sell millions, but a few thousand "hobbyist" might be enough... it's kept BB10 going this long.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 08-07-17 at 09:09 AM.
    08-07-17 08:45 AM
    Interesting project.

This will be closer to €600 than €400 given the low production run ie thousands rather than 100,000. I'd be concerned about future OS upgrades given that the project is headed by a hardware guy who seems to lack alot of OS knowledge especially Android. It may be up to Sailfish enthusiast community to cobble together OS updates/bug fixes.
    08-07-17 04:49 PM
    Well, the aim is to have an official support from Jolla for the Sailfish OS, with Android Runtime 4.4.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 02:55 AM
40 12