Honestly my brother has the Pre and I have the tour, the only thing the Pre is better at is streaming videos imo.
    10-28-09 02:52 PM
    how is it in terms of the keyboard compared to the tour?
    I just like the compact size of the pre.
    10-28-09 02:56 PM
    I had the Tour - switched to the Pre. I didn't like the scroll wheel. The internet browser seemed like it was made in 1995. The Pre is much better (in my eyes), but I just wish there were some worth while apps.
    10-30-09 02:27 PM
    I will definitely be giving the pre a good look at when it comes to verizon. Looks very nice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-09 07:08 PM
    Enjoy your pre!!! I love the software, but the keyboard isn't for me
    10-31-09 10:47 PM
    I was gonna get the Pre and decided on Tour. Did I screw up? Would you guys recommend switching? Tour was my first BB and I love it but am on my 3rd one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Please, please, please do not judge BBs based on the Tour. The Tour is a pile of poo. Most BBs are very functional, well-built and stable. The Tour is not. Massive hardware defects and overall poor design.
    11-05-09 06:10 PM
    Please, please, please do not judge BBs based on the Tour. The Tour is a pile of poo. Most BBs are very functional, well-built and stable. The Tour is not. Massive hardware defects and overall poor design.
    not so much...storm, nope, curve, tour all had their share of problems. The only one of their newer production phones that has been stable in the past 3 years seems to be the old bold.
    11-06-09 10:58 AM
    not so much...storm, nope, curve, tour all had their share of problems. The only one of their newer production phones that has been stable in the past 3 years seems to be the old bold.
    That also had a ton of issues for the Euro release, just not in the US.
    11-06-09 01:07 PM
    had the chance to play with the pre yesterday, its not for me
    11-07-09 10:58 AM
    Would you guys recommend switching? Tour was my first BB and I love it but am on my 3rd one.
    It's all about preferences, which makes it hard to say really. I switched from the Tour and this is probably my favorite phone so far (and I've owned a lot).

Just two major things to keep in mind:
    -Battery life sucks. Either you need to invest in chargers, or extended batteries, or more batteries. I opted for the 2600mah extended battery. If you go to areas with poor mobile network signal often, use Wifi... This can be a huge battery saver.
    -Keyboard is not as good as the Tour, but it's very usable for me and much, much better than I expected.

The browser is amazing, card multitasking is the best I've seen so far, and the universal search and integrated chat system is very nice.
    Last edited by papped; 11-13-09 at 08:54 PM.
    11-13-09 08:49 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD