At first I was in doubt but 3days in ..Damn i love the pre . Threw some homebrew apps, keyboard is better than the treo pro ( easier to type), love the sharpness of the screen, and whats in the works for web os ( gonna be big).... ..I read alot of threads in the forum so Thanks to everyone for making the switch easy...
    08-30-09 05:49 PM
    Just picked up my Pre today. Its awesome. I tried to love the Tour, but I just couldn't. I got an awesome plan with Bell. Couldn't be happier. Maybe I will get a BlackBerry next time.
    08-30-09 05:55 PM
    I was gonna get the Pre and decided on Tour. Did I screw up? Would you guys recommend switching? Tour was my first BB and I love it but am on my 3rd one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 11:01 PM
    I was gonna get the Pre and decided on Tour. Did I screw up? Would you guys recommend switching? Tour was my first BB and I love it but am on my 3rd one.

If you had a Pre, you would be on your 5th....LOL!!! But honestly the Tour is a better device in my opinion. I purchased the Pre on launch day from Best Buy Mobile. While I won't get into all the details as to why I prefer the Tour, here were the deal breakers for me. Battery life was terrible.....there was not a single workday that I was able to make it from 8 to 5 without having to put the device on a charger. Since I sit at a desk this wasn't a big issue for me in particular but if you are on the go, this is simply unacceptable. Additionally the build quality on the Pre was subpar at best. My phone developed wobble after only about a week and got looser and looser. But the real deal breaker for me was the keyboard. The keys were very small and flat that made it very difficult to type accurately.

Honestly, WebOS is one of, if not the best OSs on the market right now.....synergy, multitasking, and my favorite....the notifications. I look forward to future product offerings from Palm. But as far as the Pre is concerned, it just falls short in my opinion.
    09-02-09 08:04 AM
    Tried the Pre and one thing upsets me, the keyboard.

When the screen is open to reveal the keyboard it has a serious flaw, the screen is too close to the top row of keys. If you have bigger fingers then typing is a real pain. You have to slow down and rotate your thumbs to get in there.

Otherwise it's a solid phone apart from the horrible battery life.
    09-02-09 12:48 PM
    had the tour, not impressed with software or hardware ( loose battery door lagging trackball ) i actually prefered my pearl more, easier to type and no lag issues. but my contract was up and wanted new so from tour i went to Pre and i love it...
    09-02-09 04:19 PM
    Welcome to the Pre-side. I love it. Stable, I get great battery life, though I guess I am nowhere near as constant-use as most folks seem to be.
    09-02-09 04:50 PM
    I will never own another blackberry until they do some major work. It starts with the browser, and many more things..
    09-02-09 09:57 PM
    That Pre is really sweet. It's THE only phone I'd trade my 8900 for. But honestly, I'm waiting on the Onyx and will most likely only change up when it's officially out.

09-02-09 10:07 PM
    Yeah after my last week of terrible issues with the Tour, I took it back - picked up a Pre from BestBuy for 149.99 and I've gotta say. Ill never go back.
    09-21-09 06:51 PM
    Question for you pre owners that went from blackberries, im really debating on switching love the pre but i dont want to give up bbm, how did you guys cope with that?
    09-22-09 01:54 PM
    Native SMS/IM app. Granted I haven't used BBM since I gave the Curve to the wife, but the Pre's SMS/IM had a beautiful threaded interface that is better than BBM. IMHO of course.

09-22-09 09:09 PM
    Native SMS/IM app. Granted I haven't used BBM since I gave the Curve to the wife, but the Pre's SMS/IM had a beautiful threaded interface that is better than BBM. IMHO of course.

Yes I agree I've seen but I couldn't give up bbm cause some people on there is the only way I can contact them

09-23-09 02:42 PM
    I have the iPhone 2+3g. I've had 3 blackberries and now have the Pre. I LOVE this phone!
    1) WAY better reception for me on Sprint than AT&T and the iPhone! (Note, iPhone has the apps and a great media player, and if it had better reception, i would've stayed).
    2) Multitasking is AWESOME!
    3) HTML Emails look beautiful.
    4) New App store will make this phone complete.
    5) FAR better Web Browser

My only issues with this Pre is that this is my 4th one. Sigh, this is making me second guess it only because of the hardware issues. The keyboard is cramped. My only issues.

Other than that, the Pre is an excellent phone! I'm very happy with it.

Blackberries...just seem a very stable but BORING device! Just not as fun to use as the Pre. Too bad the Storm wasn't a step towards competing with the iPhone and the Pre. I really wanted to stick with BB but...
    09-27-09 09:03 PM
    glad you guys are enjoying the pre. Now if only it would hurry up and come to verizon!
    09-27-09 10:23 PM
    how are you guys coping without push email?
    I don't have an exchange server and my office uses pop3 (we are a small company) so I use BIS and not BES.

When I had wm, I had to use an app that pushed emails as sms messages.

Just curious if you guys have it check every two hrs, etc.
    10-06-09 11:04 AM
    Use Gmail for the most part since the Pre supports push with it. For Pop 3 I have it setup to pull mail every 5 minutes. It's not push but good enough.
    10-06-09 07:33 PM
    I thought that would lead to severe battery drain

10-06-09 08:04 PM
    I'm thinking of getting the Pre and use IMAP email accounts (I have 5 of them). Can I still do that, and would it be push or would I have to set the phone to pull? Will I have to charge the battery 4 times a day I have it pull all 5 accounts every 5 minutes?
    10-17-09 10:56 PM
    Glad to see Pre owners happy, man what did the Pre do to me? Im trying to do the opposite from the OP.
    10-21-09 06:59 PM
    Yeah after my last week of terrible issues with the Tour, I took it back - picked up a Pre from BestBuy for 149.99 and I've gotta say. Ill never go back.

I got the Pre on launch day and said the same exact thing "I'll never go back". Well, there's a reason they call it a crackberry. I just purchased the Tour last week full retail. You'll be back my friend.

R-
    10-24-09 09:14 AM
    lol, i'm planning on doing the opposite.
    10-26-09 09:18 PM
    I got the Pre on launch day and said the same exact thing "I'll never go back". Well, there's a reason they call it a crackberry. I just purchased the Tour last week full retail. You'll be back my friend.

R-
    He's right, I'm heading back to crackberry asap!
    10-26-09 09:18 PM
    glad you guys are enjoying the pre. Now if only it would hurry up and come to verizon!
    I want a verizon pre too. Sprint and Tmobile (my current carrier) are horrible in my new residence. I personally haven't tried sprint for myself here, but i have close friends with sprint and they said the service was horrible here. I figure if I don't like the pre, I will get the essex. I have to wait until I get my summer job to switch carriers and get the new phone so I will have plenty of options (essex, pre, or droid). Most likely it will be between the pre or the essex. I can't wait to have 3G again!!!
    10-27-09 12:05 AM
    I don't know, I just couldn't switch my BB for Pre...
    10-27-09 10:00 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD