real mature responses, but thank you for the links.. we will see what happens in the 3rd quarter when palm is able to mass produce the Pre and web OS.

As far as the iphone, when it can multitask and handle 8 apps at once with out lagging and have synergy, along with MMS and a physical keyboard then maybe it would be a phone.
    I agree with you about the iPhone. But the simple fact is, people are buying the iPhone because it is what they want. People could argue that these people have no clue, but the simple fact, the iPhone sells, and sells by the millions, not the thousands. No one is going to unseat the iPhone as the most popular phone, except the next generation iPhone. Apple advertising is very simple, if you can put a shine on a turd, you can sell it to anyone. Unfortunately Palm and Blackberry with the Pre and Storm, think that if you copy a turd, it will sell too. But there is only room for one turd on the market.
    06-08-09 08:20 PM
    The Pre and Storm are pretty far from carbon copies of the iPhone... The infrastructure, OS, UI's, hardware, apps, practically everything is completely different...
    06-08-09 08:24 PM
    only 50,000 units... that's kinda badd, i may hold off on picking one up now
    06-08-09 10:19 PM
    What a phone can or cannot do (e.g. multitasking, MMS, etc etc) is really irrelevant to the majority of the consumers. It matters only to the hard-core users (which are in the minority).

What really matters is that both Apple and RIM have established humongous ecosystem around their products. It will be extremely difficult for Palm to create a similar ecosystem. The Palm's loyal fans and the Sprint customers are not enough to make up the difference.

Majority of the people are buying iPhones because it is an iPhone. Not because it can or cannot do this or that.
    06-08-09 10:25 PM
    Not only that but a ton of Palm fanatics have long since become anti-Palm thanks to their dealings with several previous handsets...
    06-08-09 10:34 PM
    only 50,000 units... that's kinda badd, i may hold off on picking one up now
    Please tell me this is a joke. Because a phone didn't sell millions in the opening days, you're not going to buy it? Wow, talk about being a tool.
    06-08-09 10:57 PM
    the storm is a giant flop!
    I disagree...............
    06-09-09 09:49 AM
    Neither the Storm or the Pre were or will be a flop...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 11:05 AM
    ...the simple fact is, the iPhone sells, and sells by the millions, not the thousands. No one is going to unseat the iPhone as the most popular phone, except the next generation iPhone.

Too late... it already happend. Curve is the most popular phone.

Report: BlackBerry Curve overtakes iPhone as most popular smartphone : Ben Patterson : Yahoo! Tech

I hate the stup!d Apple toy; its a walkman with a phone built in. But you are right, it sells. Now with the Apple costing $99, and their NEW Apple toy coming in a month being 3X faster and 2X the storage capacity, Palm is already deceased. And if you disagree, then you my friend are worse than Hitler.
    06-09-09 01:05 PM
    Sure the Pre "only" sold 50,000 in the first day. Does anyone here realize that's all Palm made? It's Tuesday and every Sprint store is still sold out, and many have 200+ name waitlists. Get your facts straight. Also, I'm a BB user and lover. However, after using my dad's Pre, my Curve feels like it's from 1990.

06-09-09 02:30 PM
    Of course the stores sold out, they were understocked... Everyone knew they were going to sell out before it released...

The Curve "feels" and looks old compared to WM interfaces that have been available for over a year. Again if that's why you use a BB you're on the wrong OS and it's not going to change anytime soon.
    06-09-09 02:42 PM
    Of course the stores sold out, they were understocked... Everyone knew they were going to sell out before it released...

The Curve "feels" and looks old compared to WM interfaces that have been available for over a year. Again if that's why you use a BB you're on the wrong OS and it's not going to change anytime soon.
    Not all of the stores were understocked...the flat iron store in NY, for example, had 200 in stock. The store where I got mine in CT had 60. The Best Buys are the stores that were under stocked.
    06-09-09 05:05 PM
    Pre a flop **** no, I played with it the other day at the sprint store for a few minutes and i liked it alot.. my brother just got his hands on one and i played with it more.. this phone is awesome, the feel is nice, its got decent weight to it. my biggest concern was the keyboard and after actually typing and using it for a while it felt pretty good in my big hands. Palm has a winner here
    06-09-09 06:20 PM
    Sure the Pre "only" sold 50,000 in the first day. Does anyone here realize that's all Palm made? It's Tuesday and every Sprint store is still sold out, and many have 200+ name waitlists. Get your facts straight.

Very true... I just got mine today (I purchased it the first day and had my friend who works for sprint hold onto it cause today was the first day I had time to pick it up) and they had a waitlist of 60 people. There will always be a few people are devoted to one brand and think there is nothing better so it's pretty useless to try and change their minds. If they want to miss out on something awesome, that's their loss not mine! I will say after using the pre I am pretty impressed, the screen is nice and maybe it's just me but I don't think it feels cheap... my curve feels just as plastic-y if not more so and they keyboard suits my smaller hands better than my curve. I love my bb, but I think my pre will be getting a lot more use.
    06-09-09 07:30 PM
    I hope the Palm Pre does great because it keeps phone carriers on their feet.
    06-24-09 02:34 AM
    Oh yeah, i heard the guy who got the tattoo got a free pre and free service for a year with the simply everything plan. Still doesn't justify that horrible tattoo.
    06-24-09 02:35 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD