I got my new phone today, and it was a Palm Pre Plus. I feel like I have created a sin, but I am very happy with my new phone. the web browser is better then I could of ever imagined. I do miss some things about mu BB, witch makes me wonder what would of happened if RIM bought Palm instead of HP. I think we would see the perfect phone if that would of happened. What do you think?
    05-13-10 02:48 AM
    The only thing I find as a downside to the pre is the form factor. Different and innovative, but at the same time, it's rather odd. Love the screen on it though. Also love the way it synthesizes everything (such as SMS and IM).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 02:54 AM
    I recently played with one, the os was very intuitive and cool. The form factor was not my favorite, great phone regardless! Good luck.
    05-13-10 02:54 AM
    I don't think the form factor is all that bad. It still has a full qwerty key bord. I must admit. My wife now uses my old 8530. I like still having it around. I will always love BB.
    05-13-10 02:58 AM
    I like the form factor of the Palm Pre. I actually was able to get used to the keyboard pretty quickly. I wish that the device was a little more solid in construction and had better battery life. I may have kept then.

05-13-10 05:08 AM
    I was using one until recently, form factor is nice but fragile..several different build quality issues, battery life was subpar, the screen was beautiful though and for the most part webOS is smooth and fun.

The best thing about it was the community..there are a bunch of great people creating free apps and personalizing tweaks for the phone that allowed you to really customize your phone to your needs.
    05-13-10 05:46 AM
    The battery was iffy for me for the first couple of charges. Now I can get 2 days of use out of it, with pretty much constant texting, facebook and web browsing about 2 hours a day. The battery was MUCH better than the Storm though...
    05-13-10 02:34 PM
    i wanted to say *CONGRAT*! Yes webOS is very beautiful platform...
    05-13-10 03:04 PM
    I'm thinking I will dump my BB and get a Pre Plus at AT&T this weekend. Any reason I should hesitate? It sure seems like a great phone...
    05-13-10 07:54 PM
    I left my 8530 behind too, but I picked up a Droid.
    05-13-10 08:20 PM
    seems like BB is gonna tank. should I get a EVO or a Pre
    05-14-10 11:42 AM
    I'm thinking I will dump my BB and get a Pre Plus at AT&T this weekend. Any reason I should hesitate? It sure seems like a great phone...
    Honestly - DON'T LOOK BACK.

This phone is outstanding, it truly is. I put the overclock on it and am running it at 600mHz (what the CPU is actually rated for, Palm left it at 500 though) and the couple of niggles I had are gone. I can bump it to 720 and it's even better. The customizations that are available, I do not miss my BB. Not even a little. I picked up my Curve the other day and was totally MEH on it.
    05-14-10 12:44 PM
    can 9 0verclock my BB curve?
    05-14-10 02:47 PM
    Honestly - DON'T LOOK BACK.

This phone is outstanding, it truly is. I put the overclock on it and am running it at 600mHz (what the CPU is actually rated for, Palm left it at 500 though) and the couple of niggles I had are gone. I can bump it to 720 and it's even better. The customizations that are available, I do not miss my BB. Not even a little. I picked up my Curve the other day and was totally MEH on it.
    There was a reason Palm toned it down to 500mhz though... The bulk chipsets they bought for the Pre, not all of them were handling 500mhz, resulting in hardware failure... So in other words to anyone considering doing this, if your Pre fries, you are going to be out of warranty.
    05-14-10 08:05 PM
    Oh I know, but I am only using this until iPhone 4 drops. Heh.

I'm messing around with some stuff...I doubt I will keep it at 600 even though there are people running the higher patches without negative effect. I am wondering if those initial processors are no longer an issue, as the phone is rock solid at 720. It's not even over heating and battery is not adversely affected. It's just so refreshing to have the options of tweaking the OS and hardware so much, as opposed to only being able to shrink the OS to get back memory we should have had anyway.

I am so sour on RIM right now...

EDIT

In fact after some time google fuing, I am unable to find a single article about Palm underclocking the processor due to a problem with the chips, it all is indicating that it was for battery conservation. Can you post a link to something about the chips?
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-14-10 at 11:33 PM.
    05-14-10 11:25 PM
    05-15-10 10:51 AM
    seems like BB is gonna tank. should I get a EVO or a Pre
    What makes you think that? Didn't Palm tank?

05-18-10 07:26 PM
    I think Web OS is what Blackberry OS6 is trying to be like in many ways.
    06-02-10 04:20 PM
    That's exactly it. I saw the video of OS 6 and it's a poor mans WebOS.
    06-04-10 01:34 PM
    Congrats. If I was buying a phone right now it would probably be the Pre+ as well.
    06-04-10 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD