HTC announced their newest device today, the HTC ONE, within an hour ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile all announced that they were going to carry the device at launch in March, my question is why did they not do the same for BB? If you read the posts and listen to the CEO of BB it was due to testing, I smell BS, these carriers jumped on the new HTC like a duck on a junebug, what is the problem with BB why no announcement from the carriers, and the only thing BB said was in March, is this what they thought or is this what the carriers told them?
    lnichols likes this.
    02-19-13 12:42 PM
    HTC announced their newest device today, the HTC ONE, within an hour ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile all announced that they were going to carry the device at launch in March, my question is why did they not do the same for BB? If you read the posts and listen to the CEO of BB it was due to testing, I smell BS, these carriers jumped on the new HTC like a duck on a junebug, what is the problem with BB why no announcement from the carriers, and the only thing BB said was in March, is this what they thought or is this what the carriers told them?
    The reason could be that Android software is a known entity while BlackBerry 10 is completely new.
    02-19-13 12:49 PM
    I dont buy that, had the devices and software since OCT. 2012 and HTC redesigned some of the sense overlay on the new 4.1.2 Jellybean, so they would have to test that right?
    02-19-13 12:51 PM
    02-19-13 12:54 PM
    Read it before posting, good write up, I still think its more to this than anyone is saying, BB is pulling out of Korea, and Japan, why because of marketshare?
    02-19-13 12:58 PM
    Exactly and the HTC has much newer hardware on the inside too. That combined with how little product is available to buy in the launch markets based on posts here, clearly indicates that RIM wasn't ready for a true global launch on January 30th IMHO.
    kbz1960, rottonj and howarmat like this.
    02-19-13 01:10 PM
    Give me a call when HTC actually makes a good phone.
    02-19-13 01:14 PM
    Good one Sparky. The One S and One X got great reviews and I thought my One S was a really good phone. If you want to make snide, fan boy comments, tell me how long it's been since Blackberry released a "good" phone before the Z10? If you don't thing their new phone looks good, your opinion is pretty much worthless
    02-19-13 01:21 PM
    Why no One for Verizon?
    02-19-13 01:33 PM
    I carried the One X for a few months. Best smartphone screen I have ever seen. Nice device (WiFi problems though).
    02-19-13 01:45 PM
    Nice device. I might give HTC a rest this next cycle... looks like good hardware. HTC is smartening up by releasing ONE device on most of the carriers. If they lock the bootloader again, I might pass this time.

I guess they are gambling on fixed storage and batteries.
    02-19-13 01:53 PM
    HTC One is a remarkable device. As a tech lover I asked myself if I regret buying the Z10 and should have just waited for the "One" or the S4. I can now say without a doubt that, there is nothing like the blackberry experience. I've owned many blackberries and recently used a galaxy while waiting for the Z10. Those "Other" platforms and smartphones are great in their own right but for me, the blackberry, especially the Z10 is exactly what I need. The BlackBerry way of getting things done makes the most sense to me

Posted via CB10
    Masahiro likes this.
    02-19-13 02:06 PM
    The BlackBerry way of getting things done makes the most sense to me

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure no pun was intended but Sense 5 looks to be a lot less intrusive than prior versions.
    02-19-13 02:17 PM
    HTC make good phones, they just aren't too keen on providing updates for them.
    02-19-13 02:20 PM
    You make it sound like the carriers just decided to pick up the HTC One right after the press conference. Thats hardly the case. Most likely this phone hit carrier testing back in December to hit the March 2013 launch...right about the time the leaks for the phone started. Funny how that works.
    pendor likes this.
    02-19-13 02:29 PM
    Yea, funny how BB seeded their devices and software to the carriers in OCT. 2012, now that is funny
    02-19-13 02:34 PM
    BB Z10 could have been a perfect device if only it uses gorilla glass... The current glass that BB uses for the Z10 is too reflective for my liking
    Lol @ this. Taking that as a huge prop if all you complain about is the glass.
    02-19-13 02:38 PM
    BB Z10 could have been a perfect device if only it uses gorilla glass... The current glass that BB uses for the Z10 is too reflective for my liking
    Any problems swiping on it? I read a review somewhere that complained that the Z10's glass was a little tacky feeling, and not as easy to slide across as the usual gorilla glass... ?
    02-19-13 02:40 PM
    The reason could be that Android software is a known entity while BlackBerry 10 is completely new.
    THIS!
    02-19-13 02:47 PM
    Lol @ this. Taking that as a huge prop if all you complain about is the glass.
    Well, that is a pretty big complaint if you ask me. After all, it is your window to the whole experience.
    02-19-13 02:54 PM
    LOL, I'm starting to feel that there's really a lack of enthusiasm amongst US carriers regarding BB Z10. Who knows, sounds crazy but they may actually have an agenda to destroy BB in the US.
    I don't suspect a conspiracy to destroy anyone, as the carreirs make money on contracts, not deivces. I do understand why they would have wanted to see sales results for the Z10 elsewhere, and real customer feedback before getting on board though, due to the lackluster BB product and sales that have been going in the states for the last couple years, The investment on hardware for them is huge, and not a gamble to be taken lightly for a device that may not take off here.
    02-19-13 02:59 PM
    LOL, I'm starting to feel that there's really a lack of enthusiasm amongst US carriers regarding BB Z10. Who knows, sounds crazy but they may actually have an agenda to destroy BB in the US.
    I hate to break it to you, but I believe it's the US consumers that have no enthusiasm towards BB10. I've been asking everyone that I know and nobody is talking about it or remotely interested. The BlackBerry share here has been steadily dropping along with their reputation. Anecdotal evidence from members on here shows that there has been almost zero advertising or information about the availability of the phone in the US. I've heard rumors from early March to mid April for the Z10, but nobody knows. I've also heard the Q10 won't be available until May or June here. As much as people love their Blackberries around the world, they are slipping in to obscurity here
    02-19-13 03:06 PM
    Yea, funny how BB seeded their devices and software to the carriers in OCT. 2012, now that is funny
    Who's to say that the US carriers were in that first group of 50 when that press release came out in November? Around that same time that's when BGR and other sites were claiming a March launch for the US carriers.
    02-19-13 03:29 PM
    We all knew it was going to be in March on Jan 30, the problem I have is that HTC and the USA carriers are releasing in 30 days or less globally, and I would bet that Samsung and Apple will do the same when they announce their devices, why couldn't BB do the same and I believe that it's not testing related could be supply related as far as components, if that is the case then tell the truth instead of keeping quiet
    02-19-13 04:42 PM
    Good one Sparky. The One S and One X got great reviews and I thought my One S was a really good phone. If you want to make snide, fan boy comments, tell me how long it's been since Blackberry released a "good" phone before the Z10? If you don't thing their new phone looks good, your opinion is pretty much worthless
    No snide comment it's public knowledge HTC has been nose diving hard. Not a fan boy just stating facts. The devices are far from selling like hotcakes, and the company's profits and revenue state that. Look into the Markets their financial picture is far from rosey. No matter how good you think HTC is, having an Android OS is the companies last chance to survive! Even when they sell a phone they barely make a profit on the hardware. They're in the same position Nokia is..

Most HTC users learn after their mistake of purchasing one, never again!
    02-19-13 05:50 PM
28 12