From a Day 1 Storm Owner I am to the point where I might consider switching to Sprint for the Pre. If you take a look at the Storm and Pre they are 100% different.

The Pre was built AROUND its operating system, they spent most of their time working on the OS and its easy to see why a lot of maybe the hardware issues might seem lack luster when compared with RIM builds quality.

If you look at the Storm, it was built around its HARDWARE and the click button. The OS on the storm is a JOKE the operating system on the storm is basically a port and no real work seemed to be done on really using the best of the touch screen.

You buy the Pre for the OS, you buy the Storm for the hardware its as simple as that. Personally I'm getting tired of the Storms OS looking like crap compared to the other Touch Phones.

Be aware I have never played with a Pre yet, so my info is based purely on what I read, but from my understanding the Pre's power really is in its operating system. Personally I am really looking forward to having another great Phone in the market. I hope Verizon is smart enough to snatch this thing up, and please don't cripple it, its time they need better phones that aren't just from RIM.

Be aware Comparing a Pre to something like a Bold or Tour is ******** and they are completely different experiences they aren't trying to directly compete. Most people when considering phones say touch or not, and if they want a touch they move on to touch devices, very rarely is it between a touch device and something non touch. Most people know going in if they want touch.
    Last edited by sevink; 06-04-09 at 08:54 PM.
    06-04-09 08:52 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out why, if the OP spent even two minutes with the Pre, he seems to think the keyboard "folds out".....
    Last edited by pathymo; 06-04-09 at 09:57 PM.
    06-04-09 09:44 PM
    I think the biggest mistake was using the gel-type keyboard... they should have made it rubber like the sidekick did. The sidekick 3 made me leave sidekicks altogether.
    06-04-09 11:58 PM
    This phone is BB killer...WOW!!!.and that web OS is crazy ..sorry storm 1 or 2 user you might have two wait for 3 to even compare..Just waiting on the tour to see if BB gets some COMP.
    06-05-09 03:36 AM
    LMAO y'all really think 2 minutes of messing with it is an actual review? I think some of y'all biased emotions wouldn't let you enjoy the phone. And that's exactly what it is: a phone. Some of you act like you got to devote your life to RIM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry, I'm not buying a phone AND switching carriers because you threw a guilt trip...
    06-05-09 12:53 PM
    I just played with one at the mall and I have to say I am honestly impressed with everything but the keyboard.
    It does have a ruberish feel to it. The phone itself is very light.
    I like the new os. That is the one fault I have with blackberry's. Their os's for all the different devices all look the same.
    I have a curve, buddy has a pearl,cousin has a storm and my boss has a bold. They are all basically look the same except theme-wise.
    I really hope this device smacks rim in the face to make a more modern looking os.
    Palm made this os because their POS was from 1989 and it was causing financial problems. If rim keeps the same "style" os I think they will be in the same boat.
    I am not a BB fanboy nor am I a palm fanboy but I just go with whatever the new device is at the time.
    I can say the build quality on my 755p was ALOT better than the quality on my curve. But my 800w felt very plasticy just like the berry does.
    I think everybody is cutting costs on builds but I think that's what ppl want. A god feeling phone. U pay 200 dollars for a phone. You want it to feel like 200 dollars

06-05-09 01:21 PM
    Sorry, I'm not buying a phone AND switching carriers because you threw a guilt trip...
    Who cares? I just don't get why people think that because they like a phone company it's like against their religion to even look at other ones and say something positive
    06-05-09 08:51 PM
    you type on the phone for a few minutes and come to tell everyone it sucks. Typing on the storm was awful at first but after I had the phone for a while it is one of the things I am going to miss the most. You cant believe everything you hear, you have to try things out for yourself and GIVE IT A CHANCE. After 5 months with the storm, it just wasnt for me...
    06-05-09 09:30 PM
    This phone is BB killer...WOW!!!.and that web OS is crazy ..sorry storm 1 or 2 user you might have two wait for 3 to even compare..Just waiting on the tour to see if BB gets some COMP.
    The tour isn't going to bring anything WebOS-like or even iPhone-like. So, if that's the thought, I'll give you a heads up now. It's the Bold, but smaller, with a better camera.
    06-05-09 11:56 PM
    The tour isn't going to bring anything WebOS-like or even iPhone-like. So, if that's the thought, I'll give you a heads up now. It's the Bold, but smaller, with a better camera.
    sans wifi as well. The Pre is really after the same market the Iphone is...the consumer market. Security and lack of developed push email is something that will have this phone lagging behind in enterprise.
    06-06-09 12:03 AM
    i played with the pre as well, screen is really nice, browser was sweet. keyboard was unbearable though, i went into the store thinking i would upgrade and once i got to play with it, i told myself i'm better off waiting for the tour. the refinement on the hardware could have been better, the edges are very sharp around the keyboard and the back of the phone.
    06-07-09 09:55 AM
    This right here is the truth. MY Treo had the best keyboard I have ever used. When I got my Curve, I was very disappointed with the build quality.

All the BB fanbois need to really get off their high horses, RIM has built many cheap feeling BBs (Storm & Curve).
    i dont think my BB storm feels cheap at all i love the battery cover look and feel its not plastic and i love the chrome look

dunno what ur talking about

the hardware imo is perfect on the storm but seriously wheres the nice software haha
    06-07-09 10:56 AM
    I got to play with it yesterday and my only complaint are the keys are a little cramped for my big hands.. other than that the OP i think is going a little over board, the feel of the phone is pretty nice for it being plastic. BUT what really makes the Pre shine is the web OS.
    06-07-09 01:17 PM
    Read from a post here to check out the forums at precentral

Man they're suffering through tons of bugs right now, guess can't trust display models too much.

Can't believe it's an expectation that "things don't work out of the box" anymore.

06-07-09 01:46 PM
    After playing with my wifes PRE, I am absolutely disgusted with my bb. I'm not refering the phones physical aspects at all, in fact I prefer my bold, but after messing around with an iphone or 2 and now with WebOS, it really hit me as to how obselete bb os have become. I mean just looking @ the messaging dept. Have you seen threaded sms on the pre? Absolutely brilliant. it upsets me cuz I like my bb but they're so far behind on simple things.

06-07-09 02:23 PM
    After playing with my wifes PRE, I am absolutely disgusted with my bb. I'm not refering the phones physical aspects at all, in fact I prefer my bold, but after messing around with an iphone or 2 and now with WebOS, it really hit me as to how obselete bb os have become. I mean just looking @ the messaging dept. Have you seen threaded sms on the pre? Absolutely brilliant. it upsets me cuz I like my bb but they're so far behind on simple things.
    Good, in fact maybe that is exactly what RIM needs to kick them into gear. Being second to iPhone is bad enough. If they fall behind Palm they will see market share slip.

Competition is good for consumers. Lets hope RIM sees the signs and gives us a new OS with some more of these features.
    06-07-09 05:54 PM
    Good, in fact maybe that is exactly what RIM needs to kick them into gear. Being second to iPhone is bad enough. If they fall behind Palm they will see market share slip.

Competition is good for consumers. Lets hope RIM sees the signs and gives us a new OS with some more of these features.
    That would be the best case scenario.
    06-08-09 12:55 AM
    I played around with the Pre in the Sprint store yesterday. I was really surprised at how cheap it felt in my hands. Opening and close the keyboard was not intuitive. And the TYPING drove me nuts. And I thought the Storm's typing drove me mad!
    IMHO, there's nothing better than a BB physical keyboard, which is what I'm returning to as soon as either the Tour or a future one with wi-fi comes out.
    06-08-09 06:55 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD