So after some consideration I think I'm going to switch to the Pre when it comes out. Sprint is taking forever for a new Blackberry and I think that the Pre looks pretty awesome. Don't get me wrong I like my Curve but the Pre looks sweet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 07:21 PM
    The Pre is a nice device. I do not think you will be disappointed.
    03-28-09 07:40 PM
    I can't wait for the Pre as well. WebOS looks amazing. I'm waiting 1 month after release and if its solid, I'm getting one.

03-28-09 07:42 PM
    It does look rather nice. I think they took a nice route following Apple. Maybe we can finally have a decent iPhone "killer" now. Unlike the Instinct ha.

03-28-09 08:43 PM
    I had the Instinct. It was a great phone but nowhere near an iPhone killer haha.

03-28-09 08:50 PM
    I have found that I am never happy when I buy something because what I actually want hasn't come out yet.
    03-28-09 10:29 PM
    The Pre looks like a decent phone, but I already know I'll never own another phone other than a BB. Lol

03-28-09 10:37 PM
    I agree I prob will stick with bb for a long time, I have never had a more reliable phone that has taken my crap and kept going, lol

03-28-09 11:21 PM
    I'll be interested in looking at the Pre, but doubt I'd give up my BB easily.

03-29-09 12:32 AM
    Yeah cmon niagra, lol

03-29-09 12:38 AM
    My 1st line will always be for my BB, but my 2nd line is for new devices that I want to try out. I'm getting the Pre on my 2nd line as soon as Sprint realeses it for purchase, then I'll upgrade my Curve with the 9630 when its released.
    03-29-09 11:57 AM
    My 1st line will always be for my BB, but my 2nd line is for new devices that I want to try out. I'm getting the Pre on my 2nd line as soon as Sprint realeses it for purchase, then I'll upgrade my Curve with the 9630 when its released.
    yep ,thats my plan to
    03-29-09 12:13 PM
    count me in as a new pre user as soon as the thing drops! i love my BB, but the one thing that i'm most excited for on the pre is the web browser! finally looks like there'll be some real competition to mobile safari on the iphone...
    03-29-09 03:20 PM
    good luck! hope the PRE works out for you!! can't give up my Berr.....ever.
    btw....Niagra is closer than you think...
    03-29-09 03:45 PM
    Jeez J.P. That was ominous...

Know something we don't?

03-29-09 07:51 PM
    I will keep my curve as a back up but I will have a pre!

03-29-09 10:07 PM
    I think I'm going to stick with BB for a while. Having had some many Treos doesn't make me want to rush back. I look forward to seeing what the early adopters have to say about the Pre.
    03-29-09 10:12 PM
    I had a Treo 600 as soon as they came out, a Treo 650 as soon as it came out, and a Centro as soon as they came out. Waited for the Centro because the 7xx Treos were no real upgrade. Here are some concerns I would have going back to palm.

- From the 600 all the way to the Centro the Palm OS was never truly updated. It was tweeked very minimally, but was always Garnett based. That's from 2002 through today. It was a solid OS and did phone/smartphone well, but it was old in 2002. Kept hearing the new OS was coming for years and thats why they didn't upgrade the Palm OS. So my concern is once they work out the bugs in this new OS will they keep on top of it, or just go to their old ways of never upgrading.

- Palm is still pushing WinMo. They are going to keep doing it in case the new stuff doesn't work.

- Its a slider....... It will eventually break.

- They are outsourcing construction to HTC and they build some great CRAP!
    03-30-09 08:01 AM
    The Pre is NOT done by HTC, so no crap. They also said they will keep upgrading the os over the air.

04-01-09 05:26 AM
    Jeez J.P. That was ominous...

Know something we don't?

all I am allowed to say is this....all the bad threads, complaints, and twitchy jumpers will be posting how great the 9630 is or they should have not have left SPRINT or went for the PRE (personally don't trust WinMo). [email protected] has a plan...Sprint will be making HUGE strides, HUGE!! in the BlackBerry line-up that will affect the other carriers and twitchy, whining, non-loyal jumpers and nay-sayers. "Smile and wave boys...Just smile and wave.."
    04-01-09 05:53 AM
    The Pre is NOT done by HTC, so no crap. They also said they will keep upgrading the os over the air.

between Palm and Winmo does anyone realize how busy a PRE will be always uploading updates, ie; security updates, OS issues, etc. Wonder if you can actually use the phone ??? maybe I'm wrong...btw you can check for updates anytime on your curve with Sprint PowerDeck...but you guys know this.
    04-01-09 05:58 AM
    ScanDaLex...where you at in the city of da World Champs...I gots a home in Bucks County....jus wonderein' GO PHIGHTIN'S !!!!!
    04-01-09 06:02 AM
    between Palm and Winmo does anyone realize how busy a PRE will be always uploading updates, ie; security updates, OS issues, etc. Wonder if you can actually use the phone ??? maybe I'm wrong...btw you can check for updates anytime on your curve with Sprint PowerDeck...but you guys know this.
    JP, I think this is incorrect considering Palm didn't need to update often; and I'm bases this on OS Garnet- I never had a WMo Treo.

Downing the Pre before it sees the light of day is so wrong. Youve assumed the Pre will always need updates, but in all honesty, you nor anyone else on these forums, know that.

And using PowerDeck to check for updates doesn't mean updates are actually happening- remember, you're only checking.
    04-01-09 06:05 AM
    JP, I think this is incorrect considering Palm didn't need to update often; and I'm bases this on OS Garnet- I never had a WMo Treo.

Downing the Pre before it sees the light of day is so wrong. Youve assumed the Pre will always need updates, but in all honesty, you nor anyone else on these forums, know that.

And using PowerDeck to check for updates doesn't mean updates are actually happening- remember, you're only checking.
    yikees...did you have your coffee yet? Not a put downer, just having discussions with tech-people in phone OS IT that say those platforms could be busy with sec. issue upgrades and your er'day snag especially if Wmo/Garnet is invloved. I am def not a hater...thought this was a discussion forum.
    04-01-09 06:23 AM
    yikees...did you have your coffee yet? Not a put downer, just having discussions with tech-people in phone OS IT that say those platforms could be busy with sec. issue upgrades and your er'day snag especially if Wmo/Garnet is invloved. I am def not a hater...thought this was a discussion forum.
    I didn't say you were a hater nor did I say you couldnt discuss anything.

It was you who provided the previous post and no where in it did you say it was based off of a conversation you were having with some "tech-people in phone OS IT."

So I'm sorry if I don't see what coffee has to do with reading misinformation.
    04-01-09 06:29 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD