Hello,

I have had the Pre plus on Verizon for awhile. I have had many issues with dropped calls. I love the phone! The phone just hates me.

I dropped my first Pre but had insurance and had a brand new replacement send to me with a box and all (no refurb).

I bought this phone outright with cash! Full price!

Today I call and the tech tells me nothing they can do. So he offers me a phone to replace the Pre. I went on about how I love the Pre but need a phone to be a phone from time to time. He makes me an offer....

1) Storm 2.... Not going this route because tired of the BB "hope" or "wait" game that keeps most on the edge...

2) Motorola Devour with some Moto Blur crap!

I elected to take the Motorola Devour as I have no interest in a BB. I know nothing about this phone.

So I paid $530 for my Pre. Get it new and end up with a half baked Android device that is going to be a "certified new" device? This ticks me off! I own one (if not THE) of the most expensive devices on Verizon and end up with a choice of 2 phones that suck (in my book) to replace a good phone (that just hates me)?

I feel in my mind that I should have had the choice in anything in the price range? Am I wrong in my thinking? I truly think I got the short end of the stick!
    06-24-10 04:35 PM
    I agree with you. Awful phone IMO
    06-24-10 05:34 PM
    I am in the same boat, but have not started to ask about switching devices yet. I am on my 5th Pre Plus and the replacement i just got today, the screen is loose. Ticks me off to no end. I am going to ask to switch back to a BlackBerry. I'm sure they would be more than willing to offer the Droid up as those will pretty much be done selling within the next month or so, but i dont see it as being any more durable than the Pre. I am going to ask for a 9650, but we'll see what happens.
    06-24-10 08:53 PM
    I called up there and got somebody whom understands how I feel. Said they are going to further check it out and contact me in the morning. I am a little nervous as I have been told that before and not so much as a not on the account has been made and I have to start all over again.

Suddenly the ETF is not looking like a bad thing to me. I have got crap service and have good money into my phone and if I am forced to "downgrade" I may just do that.

I appreciate them taking the time to try and rectify the situation, at the same time I want the worth from my phone. There is no device in the Verizon lineup that costs as much as the Pre. My phone is 5 days new! Could be sold as new! I paid full price and in my mind means it is all profit for them. They get to take a phone that someone bought on contract at a reduced price and "refurb" it and send it to me and take my good phone and get to replace a Pre with it. No money for them outta pocket and I get stuck with a lackluster phone worth nothing and lacking features (in my book).

Sure hope something get's done!
    06-24-10 10:02 PM
    Any updates?
    06-30-10 06:15 AM
    Any updates?
    I got a Moto Droid and I am pretty happy.
    07-05-10 12:20 PM
    Get a Berry. Is the Storm the only one avail on ur network?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 10:22 PM
    Well I got the Droid as the replacement. Stated getting headaches really bad and couldn't figure out why. Went to the doc and was told nothing was wrong. He asked me if anything has changed and I told him I got another cell. Then he brings in a laptop and shows me the reports of people getting headaches from the Droid. He says it's the high SAR value and tells me to ay attention to these values as it effects some people.

Just my friggin luck! So I gave the Droid to my mother as Verizon would not do anything and I am back to my Curve after opening a new line of service to get a discount on another phone and looking at the SAR value and getting the lowest I could find which was the Samsung Omnia 2. Called Samsung with issues and they told me it was hardware to send it back under the worry free guarantee. WinMo is horrible!

Now on the curve, out $530! Not a happy camper and cursing my headache head...LOL

Playing the waiting game!
    07-20-10 08:08 AM
    Verizon blackberry's historically speaking have some of the highest SAR ratings...
    07-20-10 02:58 PM
    Sorry to hear that i went on ebay and got my pre for 200, i could not be happier i switched. The browser is awesome, it handles email as good if not better than BB and the OS is incredibly intuitive. It turned my Tour into a paper weight.
    07-21-10 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD