Just received a Palm Pre Plus through Verizon. The usual sites I go to for ringtones (zedge.net, crackberry, mytinyphone.com) allow me to stream play the ringtone, but I can't figure out how to download the tone. Even if I email it to myself it still streams the ringtone and doesn't give me an option to download it. I've tried holding down alt/gray key like you do for downloading pictures, but it doesn't give me anything. Suggestions?
    02-15-10 09:41 AM
    Just received a Palm Pre Plus through Verizon. The usual sites I go to for ringtones (zedge.net, crackberry, mytinyphone.com) allow me to stream play the ringtone, but I can't figure out how to download the tone. Even if I email it to myself it still streams the ringtone and doesn't give me an option to download it. I've tried holding down alt/gray key like you do for downloading pictures, but it doesn't give me anything. Suggestions?
    I had the same issues with my Pre getting ring tones from Crackberry. I don't think the Pre can download mp3/wav email attachments, only play them if that makes sense. I just ended up downloading them on my PC, connecting my Pre to the PC as a USB drive and transferred the ring tones that way to the ring tones folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 11:23 PM
    I had the same issue. I found the only way to put ringtones onto my Plam Pre Plus is to download them onto my laptop, plug my phone into the USB, and then transfer. Once my laptop registers my phone is plugged it, a folder is in there already that says "ringtones." I just click and drag the ringtones into that folder and they transfer into my phone.
    04-29-10 08:08 AM
    I agree with the post above. After downloading the ringtones to my computer, I plugged my Pre in via USB & transferred the ringtones into the appropriate file folder on the Pre. Very simple process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD