Hello. I have a Palm Pre that is not activated for phone use. Can I still use ONLY the Wi-Fi future on the phone to surf the web??
    07-30-09 12:29 AM
    No It Will Mess The Phone Up
    07-30-09 02:11 PM
    No It Will Mess The Phone Up
    "No It Will Mess The Phone Up"??

What the heck kind of an answer/reply is that? All I know is that I was a Pre user for a month with Sprint; I've since switched over to the BlackBerry Tour on Sprint...HOWEVER...when I turn on my Pre; it still allows me to surf the net using Wi-Fi.
    07-30-09 03:05 PM
    well u never said if it was activated or not if the phone is not activated then it will mess it up
    07-30-09 03:16 PM
    No, in theory, you cannot surf the net without activation. Pretty much nothing will work til you activate it because it's set to start activation upon powering up.

But if you are presently doing so, obviously you can, at least for now.
    07-30-09 04:19 PM
    well u never said if it was activated or not if the phone is not activated then it will mess it up
    How exactly could it "mess the phone up"?
    07-30-09 07:14 PM
    Without activation the phone cannot be used at all if you don't have it activated and ur palm profile set up it will force the phone to not be useable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 07:24 PM
    All I know is my Pre was activated on Sprint while I owned it; I switched from the Pre to the Tour...yet (since I still have the Pre) I can surf the net via Wi-Fi on the Pre.

07-30-09 10:53 PM
    All I know is my Pre was activated on Sprint while I owned it; I switched from the Pre to the Tour...yet (since I still have the Pre) I can surf the net via Wi-Fi on the Pre.

I assume after you get the pre rollin with the palm profile and then switch the esn the radio will not pick up cellular but wifi should still work because its seperate... kind of like an ipod touch.
    07-30-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD