Pretty Tempting!!!!
    Best Buy may not be launching the Pre exclusively, but it's probably the place to go if you're scouting one come June 6th. Why? Pretty simple, really -- you'll leave the joint with an extra Benjamin in your purse. You see, those who waltz into a Sprint store will be forced to pay $299.99 up front (with a two-year contract) and wait eons for a $100 mail-in rebate to return. Over at Best Buy Mobile, you'll pay $199.99 free and clear, sign your contract and proceed to send us loads of personal hands-on shots. Be honest -- which scenario sounds superior to you?

Engadget Article
    Last edited by bllackkman; 05-20-09 at 09:01 PM.
    05-20-09 08:56 PM
    RadioShack got em too, for the same price. I'm tempted too....but, not really since the key pad looks cramped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 10:02 PM
    Well I have to get one for my mom! Her B-Day is May 26th and I was hoping the Pre would be released before her b-day but I think she can wait another week and a half.
    05-20-09 10:35 PM
    i just wanna play with it... i don't wanna give up my bold
    05-20-09 10:36 PM
    RadioShack got em too, for the same price. I'm tempted too....but, not really since the key pad looks cramped.

yeah that keyboard looks like a thumb breaker kids toy which is one of the reasons I'm taking pass on device.
    05-20-09 10:44 PM
    They said it it like a mixture between the centro and treo pro.
    In that case count me out.
    I just played with a treo pro yesterday no thanks.
    That keyboard is not for guy's fingers.
    Way to cramped for my style

05-21-09 01:08 AM
    199.99 is the price for the pre

$199.99 price is after $100 mail in rebate and qualifying 2 year service activation. Use of this device requires providing a valid email address, mobile phone number, and related information for account set-up and activation. Use of select unlimited data bundle plans will be required.

* 1 Third party software may be required at an additional cost. Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost. Actual data speeds vary based on network capacity and application design.
    * 2 Available for Exchange ActiveSync only. Requires Microsoft Outlook using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost.
    * 3 Number of applications and actual performance varies depending on applications used and actions performed.
    * 4 Searches web and user’s applications, contacts, and dialing information. Web search within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost.
    * 5 Within wireless coverage area only. Requires Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 or Exchange Server 2007. Additional fees may apply.
    * 6 Within range of 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network. Some Wi-Fi hotspots require fee for usage.
    * 7 Coverage not available in all areas at all times. Requires data services at additional cost. Voice-activated as-you-go turn-by-turn directions requires third party software at additional cost.
    * 8 Third party software available separately. Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost. Classic by MotionApps will not support all Palm OS applications.

� 2009 Palm, Inc. All rights reserved. Palm, Pre, Synergy, webOS and Touchstone are among the trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or licensed to Palm, Inc. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. Microsoft and Outlook are either registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. All other brand and product names are or may be trademarks of, and are used to identify products or services of, their respective owners. All screen images are simulated.
    from palms web site
    05-21-09 01:42 AM
    I might go to the store and see it in my hand, 199.99 is not bad especially in a tax free state, lol, and even if I dont like it I have a year to switch back to a blackberry, I am really torn about this
    05-21-09 09:37 AM
    def going to try it.
    05-21-09 08:17 PM
    We should all buy a Pre and sell it on ebay, lol, you know fanatics out there looking for a Pre after the fact
    05-22-09 06:47 AM
    Looks like Best Buy will only be getting a couple of units per store. and the madness begins.
    05-22-09 07:55 AM
    best buy skips all mail in rebates, they do all instant rebates there...
    05-22-09 07:57 AM
    These companies need to get with the times, there should really be rebates you have to sign up for online atleast!!! Really rebates should be outlawed, lol, I have had alot of rebates in my lifetime that I could have bought a new 2010 Camaro just didnt want to wait forever to get the check
    05-22-09 10:05 AM
    Rebates are a hassle but not a deal breaker for me. Sprint does handle their rebates better than most they provide you a tracking # and have never taken longer than advertised in getting it back to me. Besides whats better than getting a check in the mail that you totally forgot about. lol
    05-22-09 10:46 AM
    Its only good when you dont throw it out thinking its junk mail. Its 2009 and I still get real junk mail!!!!, lol, what is wrong with the world?
    05-22-09 10:52 AM
    Hmm? I might have to do this.
    06-04-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD