Ok, so i ordered a blackberry bold last week from an internet site that seemed well trusted. I received the phone yesterday and noticed it wrote "TIM, UMTS High Speed" on the bottom of the phone. I powered the device and instead of a blackberry bold or RIM greeting it wrote... TIM. The phone was set in Italian, somehow i managed to switch everything in English. Now... I have T-Mobile and i understand that the only way to get internet and blackberry network and maps an all is to either wait a month or so till T-Mobile updates their "books" or install "opera mini" for now and that will give me internet and blackberry network for now??? My question is: Do i keep this Italian version Blackberry Bold? Does this version lack any of the necessary applications or software needed for T-Mobile? Is there a difference at all? thank you for taking the time to read this
    10-14-08 05:57 PM
    I thought that when you stick your sim card in everything should work fine? The only issue I know of is with the 3G issues being that ATT and T mobile use different network frequencies and you will be stuck using regular EDGE speeds instead of 3G. Unfortunately you wont ever get rid of the TIM logo since its coded into the phone, but as long as its an unlocked unit, everything should work fine
    10-14-08 06:21 PM
    Happy to hear that!! I can keep the phone. How many versions are there?, aside from TIM... i wanted to try and get rid of that "TIM" logo. I can probably replace it? but those r minor things. Ever since i added internet on my t-mobile account my blackberrys wi-fi does not turn on!!! any ideas? it seems as if i tried everything. I cant use t-mobile internet with out mini opera. i was planing on dloading it through wi-fi. i suppose i can use the desktop manager from the installation disk, which by the way came empty (with out a single software!)... you can tell this is my first berry, right?

thank you for reading
    10-14-08 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD