I've had EE UK (originally Orange UK) "Free" home broadband for nearly 8 years now (started using it in September 2006 when I moved into a new flat)

I've typed "Free" in inverted commas, because my Orange/EE monthly contract payments were never the cheapest option (eg Vodafone or O2 usually offered a slightly better deal) - but when I factored in the cost saving of not having to fork out for a separate broadband deal - it always made sense to stay with Orange/EE (especially as they also historically enabled UMA / GAN / WiFi-Calling - which I can no longer get with a BB 10 OS device)

Just had a letter from EE saying that the "Free" Home Broadband Service is being withdrawn (unless I swap to an EE fixed phone contract)

This is probably the final nail in the coffin for me regarding staying with EE

Has anybody else had the same type of letter from EE - and is it likely to make you change carrier?
    06-10-14 07:04 PM
    That does suck. Kinda like when the "unlimited data" goes away from the grandfathered people as well
    06-11-14 08:10 PM
    That does suck. Kinda like when the "unlimited data" goes away from the grandfathered people as well
    Thanks for posting

On a slightly different note - how do we get a forum just for EE (UK) - EE own Orange UK and T-Mobile UK, so shouldn't there be a combined forum for them?
    06-12-14 01:00 AM