Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hey guys, idk if this has been asked or not, but Ive searched quit a bit for it. Anyways, I am currently living in Switzerland and I will be here at least until december, you guys have any ideas if I could get a prepaid data sim card? I would like to be able to use my bbm mostly. oh and I dont want a contract because I already have sprint.

where and with who?! I would truly appreciate your guy's input! THANK YOU

I neeeeed my bbm
    Last edited by ssc13; 09-10-11 at 12:21 PM.
    09-10-11 12:13 PM
    If you Blackberry device is unlocked then you can use any GSM carrier there - try to go to some stores of the carrier and make a small research - this will give you the best coverup of this issue.

I know that T-mobile offers prepaid data in the US, not sure about Switzerland.
    09-11-11 10:16 AM
    Orange is your best bet. They offer unlimited BIS ..
    09-11-11 12:39 PM
    Orange is your best bet. They offer unlimited BIS ..
    I know, but I have asked everywhere here (I'm in basel) and they all tell me I NEED a contract, blackberries wont work unless contract.

and I dont think Orange is here, any ways around this? I would like to have bbm for these 3 months, or I may go nuts
    09-12-11 07:46 AM
    There is no way to get BIS with a pre paid plan in Switzerland.
    All carriers require you to have a contract to activate the option.

The other thing is, that carriers usually won't sign a contract if you're not staying in Switzerland for at least one year.
    09-12-11 02:44 PM
    AWESOME....so I'm SOL yes?

sighs

sonofabitch
    09-12-11 11:25 PM
    Hey guys, So I found an ok solution. Something that works great for me, considering I will be here for this long.

Orange offers a 3 month contract, which thye call "sim karten" only program. That way you can get all benefits of BIS. You can get 30 min for 15fr, 60 for 25fr, 90 for 35frs or unilimited for 90...

or if you are lucky enough to have another phone you can just get data for your berry, and buy another sim card for calls.

Hope that helps! If anyone is looking
    09-15-11 01:52 PM
    -

Thank you so much, this helped a lot. lets say i were to get the sim karten would i keep my number or would i totally have to get a new one? and is it 15fr a month?
    08-14-13 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD