Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I am on orange and I am confused as to the difference between using Orange World and Internet Browser as my default browser setting. Can anybody help me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 07:42 AM
    The BB browser is best for downloads. The orangeworld browser is simply Oranges gateway to the net & their orangeworld site.

I am on o2 and use the internet browser as my dafault.

07-05-08 08:10 AM
    Cool thanks. Think I'll stick with the BB browser. It seems to run slightly faster.

07-05-08 09:57 AM
    If you want a better browsing experience than the BB browser, you could try Opera Mini.

http://www.operamini.com/
    07-05-08 10:09 AM
    BB Browser data goes via the BB server

Orange goes Orange server, needlees to say there is a good few million more using Orange's server @ any point....so you notice the speed difference, BBB is more secure connection, Orange is public, so if your entering sensitive details ie...debit/credit card etc use the BBB ( but not over wi-fi )

Transfer data comes out of your BB allowance as does your BB-email

As per Travis^ Opera Mini is to thier servers, compressed & quick !
    Last edited by Orange UK; 07-05-08 at 02:59 PM.
    07-05-08 02:38 PM
    BBB is more secure connection, Orange is public, so if your entering sensitive details ie...debit/credit card etc use the BBB ( but not over wi-fi )
    I always switch to Wifi browser if I have access to a Wireless Access point, But I haven't purchased anything with my BB yet. Not sure I would ever do that. Then again I used to say I would never buy online

Transfer data comes out of your BB allowance as does your BB-email
    Does the Orange Browser data usage come out of my BB tariff too?
    07-07-08 04:36 AM
    ^yes from your BB to the connected Orange transmitter registers the usage & from transmitter Orange direct you to BB server & thats counted too, so technical says....I believe Virgin will bring down data costs more than technical though LOL
    07-07-08 08:34 PM
    Just wanted to bump this slightly. On my new BB (Bold) I only have "Orange World" and "Hotspot Browser" - is this right, or is something not provisioned properly on my account? (Not sure how the BB would know that, but hey).

Edit: Internet Browser has appeared on my Blackberry! I think that's a result of my latest SIM update which happened a couple of hours ago. I'm verry happy now
    Last edited by nothin2seehere; 08-25-08 at 04:17 PM.
    08-25-08 04:10 PM
    So... whichever browser, orange world or, internet browser, is it still included under the data allowance! I'm new to orange, and blackberry and so far have realised that you get charged for everything, i've got the blackberry bundle, so *unlimited* data and email, both browsers included in this allowance???

Basically my problem is, half the time I use orange world it says APN unavailable as obviously it can't connect to oranges server which is a nightmare! Any advice to this or should I use the Internet Browser?

Thanks in Advance for reply!
    08-26-08 03:31 PM
    Hi & welcome to CB

All data use is included with Orange (both browsers), email is unlimited and data use is suject to a 250mb fair usage policy.

Perhaps you need to set the APN details for Orange at options > advanced options > TCP. I think the APN is orangeinternet and the username and password are blank.

The internet browser is better though in my opionion, especially for downloads
    08-26-08 03:48 PM
    well in orange world you can access internet and download anything related to your application in your cell and you can use internet browser for anything related to web whether it is net surfing or anything else
    10-03-08 02:10 AM
    better not using orange browser full stop, although i had the option removed from my 8120 by Orange on an update ???
    10-12-08 06:35 PM
    Internet. Browser
    06-13-13 03:46 AM
    i am currently an orange mobile customer and have recently changed my mobile i am using a nokia n8 but i cannot log on to the internet and get orngeworld site so i would appreciate it if you could send me texts with internet settings and picture texts settings for my nokia n8 i would apreciate it you send me settings as soon as possible as i can then put some more credit on my fone as soon as possible my telephone no. is 07773651760
    06-15-13 12:26 PM
    my nokia n8 cannot go on the internet and i require picture texts and internet browser connections so could you send me atext so i can start using the internet please iwould apreciate settings by text messages my e-mail ad is nickoboon123@hotmail.com and fone no. 07773651760
    06-15-13 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD