Hi all, Anyone heard any news of when the Z30 will be available on Orange?

They always seem to be very slow at stocking new phones.

I've been with them for years and once thought they were the best carrier but now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's time to look elsewhere.
    10-19-13 11:36 AM
    Are CPW, P4U, etc. not stocking SIM-free models? Or are you trying to get one on contract?
    scarymonster likes this.
    10-19-13 01:45 PM
    Hi raino, on contract would be my preference as I am due a phone upgrade with contract renewal (at a price of course).

When you buy a phone SIM free from CPW is it not missing software that is needed to be on Orange?
    10-19-13 02:03 PM
    Hi raino, on contract would be my preference as I am due a phone upgrade with contract renewal (at a price of course).
    I understand.

When you buy a phone SIM free from CPW is it not missing software that is needed to be on Orange?
    I'm not sure there is any such limitation. The only two things I can think of are APN settings and WiFi calling. APN information usually trickles in automatically when you put your SIM card in, or you can enter it in manually as well. If my memory serves me right, Orange used to be one of the UMA/WiFi calling carriers, but they seemingly have abandoned this technology so even if you were getting an Orange Z30, you wouldn't have WiFi calling.
    scarymonster likes this.
    10-19-13 02:09 PM
    Thanks for the info raino, I'll sit tight for a while and see if Orange come up with the goods soon. I dropped my 9900 yesterday and somehow managed to dent the top unlock button which is kind of stuck inside and dented. The phone is acting goofy after this and also takes a while to lock/unlock so it's hard work using it. It's rather unfortunate that I cancelled my insurance a couple of months ago trying to cut costs (doh!).

I notice the amount of new 9900's on ebay has dropped dramatically since I bought one for the other half a few months ago and what there is is quite expensive. I presume this is because people are no longer getting them as upgrades and selling them on. Shame as I did like my 9900. I'd have gone for the Q10 but I'm not sure I would like it without a trackpad so may as well go for something completely different hence thoughts on a Z30.

I've always had a physical keyboard but hopefully I can make the transition.
    10-19-13 02:40 PM
    I believe CPW also has the Z30 available on contract with Orange now. So, if you were looking to get it on contract you could do that.
    scarymonster likes this.
    10-19-13 06:30 PM
    Thanks DJ, I'll bare that in mind. I don't want to change my number so I'll have to find out if that can be done.
    10-20-13 05:20 AM
    Thanks DJ, I'll bare that in mind. I don't want to change my number so I'll have to find out if that can be done.
    If you check out the CPW website you'll find some Orange plans in there

http://m.carphonewarehouse.com/mt/ww...BLACKBERRY_Z30

Posted via CB10
    scarymonster likes this.
    10-20-13 06:05 AM
    You wouldn't change your number with an upgrade - from what I have heard Orange will be doing it for about 37.99 with about 49.99 upfront according to my Blackberry rep but Carphone have the price a lot cheaper overall!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 03:25 AM
    You wouldn't change your number with an upgrade - from what I have heard Orange will be doing it for about 37.99 with about 49.99 upfront according to my Blackberry rep but Carphone have the price a lot cheaper overall!

Posted via CB10
    Do you know when Orange will be getting it?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 06:30 AM
    Not sure at the moment. Seems to be very quiet, I would of expected Orange to have it in by now but all quiet on that front but will post when something is confirmed - even BlackBerry rep expected us to stock it by now!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 04:52 PM
    You buy a Z30 via the BlackBerry Website, unlocked. So you can use on any Network

Posted via CB10
    12-24-13 07:14 AM
    You buy a Z30 via the BlackBerry Website, unlocked. So you can use on any Network
    The website for European/UK buyers is: BlackBerry Accessories - Buy Cases, Holsters, Chargers, Batteries, Bluetooth Accessories & More
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    12-24-13 10:28 AM
    Just looked on BlackBerry website, Z30 is not listed

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 12:37 PM
    Go onto the BlackBerry Website, select Device, then Z30 and where to buy. Then buy one from the on line stores unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:07 PM
    Hi Argyle,

Any news on the Z30 via Orange/EE yet?

I notice CPW don't have any on their website now and even if they did I can't afford 500 on a phone so need one on contract and don't really want to leave Orange.

I'm wondering if Orange are winding down on Blackberry. That would be a real shame.
    01-11-14 02:36 PM
    Hi Scarymonster,

I have spoken to somebody and they have it potentially pencilled in for a release of the 25th of this month... whether it will or not is an entirely different matter.

Blackberry rep has also confirmed that we are still intending on releasing it, but I am getting impatient as it is now only a vodafone exclusive at present!
    scarymonster likes this.
    01-12-14 11:36 AM
    I raised the same question here

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...nge-uk-872643/

The upgrade rep had no idea about the Z30 and had to put me on hold. They then said there was nothing on their system or even any rumours of the Z30 coming.

I then explained that they advertise themselves as the biggest and best network in the UK yet have no idea! Not sure that went down very well!

It seems unless you want to go through a reseller, Mobile Phones - Buy Mobile Phones with Free Gifts and Cashback etc, then your only other choice is Vodafone.

Trevor
    scarymonster likes this.
    01-14-14 04:52 AM