Well, looks a though BT have had the go ahead to purchase EE. Not sure if this will be a good thing. Strange though, I started with BT Cellnet many years ago with a mars bar cellphone. BT then progressed to O2. I switched to orange?EE and now seem to be coming full circle back to BT.
    02-10-15 08:03 AM
    I don't think the signal/ prices can get any worse, so hopefully a good thing, though I'll not go to EE with their current prices
    02-10-15 11:42 AM
    BT with its backhaul capacity and buying power in the UK can only improve EE offerings on internet allowances, the market for mins and texts in the UK and Europe including roaming is over really given the EU Commission/UK regulator Ofcom.

BT like Voda and Liberty (Virgin Media) are consolidating as a Telco op, EU has made sure of that.

3 is buying o2, so thats 4G spectrum from BT at 2600mhz and 3's 800mhz back in Ofcom pot or sold on if both takeovers go through, meaning two more start ups maybe happening, Orange may come back to market after selling its disaster merger to EE with T-Mobile.

3 50% owns EE's backhaul company, o2 50% owns its backhaul company, HWL may just be after the sites as a merger between 3, BT & Vodafone at 33.3% each selling access to the other 2 (yet unknown) licence holders, as it would have to be that way or disposed of under Ofcom/EU anti competitive and merger legislation.

3Global may sell out 3UK eventually and keep its share of the new site sharing backhaul company. Crown Castle make a good profit doing such. Long Term Evolution shall we say... lol
    04-13-15 07:44 PM
    I think this buy out would be bad for competition so I hope it doesn't get Government approval.

As soon as BT are your only choice for communications they have you over a barrel and stiff you on price and quality of service. BT are to be avoided wherever possible and that is getting harder and harder to do as time goes by.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2576 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5.6
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-13-15 07:56 PM