Three days ago I got a SMS from Orange saying that they are now using T-Mobile signal towers as well as there own to help us Orange subscribers get better national coverage. It was a option of just replying yes to the text. So I did thinking it will help me, well it didn't... Ever since I can no longer use my blackberry as a modem for my PC (and at this moment that was the only way I could access the web plus I can't afford to get a dongle or other internet plan be it BT etc) so I can't even publish anymore themes. It even struggles to get a decent signal when I wanna check the web on my BlackBerry.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Not so happy

Phoenix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-10 06:46 AM
    Three days ago I got a SMS from Orange saying that they are now using T-Mobile signal towers as well as there own to help us Orange subscribers get better national coverage. It was a option of just replying yes to the text. So I did thinking it will help me, well it didn't... Ever since I can no longer use my blackberry as a modem for my PC (and at this moment that was the only way I could access the web plus I can't afford to get a dongle or other internet plan be it BT etc) so I can't even publish anymore themes. It even struggles to get a decent signal when I wanna check the web on my BlackBerry.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Not so happy

Phoenix

I can't comment on the web modem problem I'm afraid as I don't use my BB in this way, but after signing up to use the service myself a few weeks ago I've found it somewhat annoying that the TMo signal doesn't transmit data - iy's just GSM for voice and texts. I've switched my connection settings to manually choose Orange (rather than the default automatic option) and this at least means I'm always on the Orange signal. It's a bit of a basic fix that you might have tried but could that help?

11-03-10 03:18 PM
    I can't comment on the web modem problem I'm afraid as I don't use my BB in this way, but after signing up to use the service myself a few weeks ago I've found it somewhat annoying that the TMo signal doesn't transmit data - iy's just GSM for voice and texts. I've switched my connection settings to manually choose Orange (rather than the default automatic option) and this at least means I'm always on the Orange signal. It's a bit of a basic fix that you might have tried but could that help?

Thank you. I will give that a go.

11-04-10 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD