09-27-11 07:21 PM
38 12
tools
    Me too, but not for 31/month...

Click to view quoted image

Had to sacrifice a few minutes call time (which never use) to get this deal, phone for free, and I get free phone insurance through Nat West... but pretty sweet for an 18 month contract

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Holy S Phil, how did you get that?!

09-25-11 04:12 PM
    Phones 4 u can give you them now on orange. I am getting one tomorrow
    09-25-11 04:45 PM
    I'm using a sim-free 9900 with an Orange sim-card. I can't seem to get BB Maps (maybe no service book from Orange?) to work, and the "location data" option in GPS isn't there. Is this because Orange haven't released the device themselves yet?
    I'm using an unlocked 9900 with Orange and there are definitely some quirks at the moment. One of them being the problem you mention above. I don't think Orange are sending all the correct service books down to the 9900 yet. Although, if you do check the Orange website information on the 9900 handset, blackberry maps is NOT ticked.

I managed to get it to work, although it is a touch flakey at times, by restoring the service books from my old 9700 backup. As soon as I do this, the Blackberry maps icon appears and it is able to download the necessary data, as well as offering the location data in the GPS options.

The relevant service book is titled 'LBS RC Prod ALL 63001' and I'm pretty sure Orange is not sending it to the 9900.

Regards,

jmc
    09-25-11 04:51 PM
    I would remove maps any use google maps instead
    09-25-11 04:55 PM
    The relevant service book is titled 'LBS RC Prod ALL 63001' and I'm pretty sure Orange is not sending it to the 9900.
    That sounds very probable. On Voda that particular service book is titled 'LBS QC Prod ALL 60001 [Lbs Config]'

09-25-11 05:07 PM
    I'm also using a 9900 sim free on orange UK and have no problems with bb maps, google maps or Garmin. I did however transfer device from 9780 so not sure if that took the service book with it and if orange is not sending it maybe there was nothing to overwrite it and hence why it works. Does work without issue though not flakey like poster above mentioned.
    09-25-11 05:14 PM
    I'm also using a 9900 sim free on orange UK and have no problems with bb maps, google maps or Garmin. I did however transfer device from 9780 so not sure if that took the service book with it and if orange is not sending it maybe there was nothing to overwrite it and hence why it works. Does work without issue though not flakey like poster above mentioned.
    Can you confirm the name of the service book you've got for BB Maps? Maybe the previous poster is using an old/incompatible one which is giving him flakey operation.

09-25-11 05:19 PM
    Can you confirm the name of the service book you've got for BB Maps? Maybe the previous poster is using an old/incompatible one which is giving him flakey operation.
    By flakey, I meant the phone doesn't always seem to pick up my location very quickly.

I had wondered if the 63001 might have been the model number of the GPS inside the phone, but that's me grabbing at straws. If I load up blackberry maps without this service book in place (launched from inside the compass app), it doesn't seem to be able to get access to any map data - so perhaps this service book adds the relevant data route to the Orange BIS?

Kind regards,

jmc
    09-25-11 05:26 PM
    It is amazing what you find out when you actually have the phone.

Reason for the Delay on Orange is that the NFC system hasnt been perfected yet. I got my upgrade yesterday from P4U and called orange to enquire how to use the NFC payments.

They wont release it until this system has been tested and then service book created. Shouldnt be too long fingers crossed.
    somenextgeezer likes this.
    09-27-11 04:08 AM

Reason for the Delay on Orange is that the NFC system hasnt been perfected yet. I got my upgrade yesterday from P4U and called orange to enquire how to use the NFC payments.

They wont release it until this system has been tested and then service book created. Shouldnt be too long fingers crossed.

Next week then..?
    09-27-11 01:09 PM

Thanks for update here, nice to actually get some reliable info!

09-27-11 03:43 PM

It's called
    LBS RC Prod ALL 63001

If anyone wants the internals to modify their own let me know.
    09-27-11 04:22 PM
    What I don't understand is how O2/Voda have had this out for a month and yet Orange are still stuck in testing?! Does this mean O2/Voda don't have NFC working yet??
    09-27-11 07:21 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD