09-27-11 07:21 PM
38 12
tools
    Apologies if there's already a post about this but does anyone know when the Bold 9900 is to be released? On the website it says coming soon & I popped into one of the shops & all they had in their screen was Mid August which has obviously passed
    09-10-11 11:11 AM
    It was supposed to be the 15th, but I have heard it is delayed until 'the end of the month'...
    mozzamay likes this.
    09-10-11 12:56 PM
    Yes, was mid-august, then mid-Sept, now end Sept. Hopefully it won't be delayed any further. Word is that it's a NFC related software issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mozzamay likes this.
    09-10-11 07:08 PM
    Yes, was mid-august, then mid-Sept, now end Sept. Hopefully it won't be delayed any further. Word is that it's a NFC related software issue.

How can their NFC software be that much different from Voda's, which released five weeks ago?
    09-10-11 07:29 PM
    How can their NFC software be that much different from Voda's, which released five weeks ago?
    orange have the samsung tocco lite with a NFC payment app, perhaps they are trying to bring that across?

either way i bit the bullet and got one on voda, worked out cheaper for me too
    09-10-11 08:22 PM
    Beats me, it's pretty annoying for sure. I'm worried that they're holding off releasing the phone until it has UMA (although I haven't heard that that's the case).

09-11-11 02:16 AM
    Surely if it doesnt have UMA now then they could release a software upgrade later?
    09-11-11 03:49 PM
    Orange are really missing a trick here, I don't know what the problem is but that NFC issue does sound plausible. Reps have all said to me the reason its not been released yet is due to their internal testing, which normally (from past experience) takes 1-2 weeks max, however a month later and still no release date?! I'm gonna have to wait until they release it as I'm guaranteed a better deal if I stick with them instead of getting a new contract with say O2, however tempting it may be!
    mozzamay likes this.
    09-11-11 04:58 PM
    Voda dont have a NFC deal yet but orange have an agreement with Barlays. Iwas told the delay was actually due to O2 and Voda have the exclusive till Oct.
    09-21-11 08:29 AM
    It will be all over very soon so you can wait a month and nothing will be so bad if you do it..as all good things worth waiting for
    If you want it like right now you can get one from other carrier and unlock your Bold so it can fit your Blackberry SIM card from your carrier.
    09-21-11 09:28 AM
    Im staying with Orange. Call me crafty but I was hoping it was released a few months prior to my upgrade as the price would go down, any bugs would have been fixed & I wouldn't have to pay too much.

By the looks of things, my plan is not coming together & my 8900 which I love is becoming less functional each day so I'm in desperate need for a new phone, It looks like either way I'm going to have to cough up..
    09-21-11 10:42 AM
    If you ring the Everything Everywhere store in Westfield Stratford City they will tell you its on the 25th-26th or something as they're having an official launch day.

That's what I was told when I was in there the other day, call 'em and see.
    mozzamay likes this.
    09-21-11 11:42 AM
    Thanks DM, I'll do that.
    09-21-11 12:33 PM
    yeah as DM said it will be soon as they have already released them to online sellers (i know as mine is already wing its way to me as we speak on 3-5 working days but should be sooner as i live close to this sellers head office and distribution centre )
    09-21-11 12:46 PM
    Just spoke to an orange representive - the phones have been delayed until early october due to issues with blanks screens errors, BBM & issues receiving email. All 5000 phonesthat were received were sent back to be fixed. They should have been ready for mid September but it's been delayed again.

He also advised if youre on Orange & go via Carphone warehouse & Phones 4U not to do so as quote "they are being returned by the bucket load" his words not mine.

Roll on October...
    09-21-11 12:58 PM
    01707315000 is the switchboard number for Everything Everywhere, give em a call tomorrow in the daytime and ask for the Westfield Stratford City store number as I've been told that the Everything Everywhere stores are still getting going ahead with the launch in the next 5 days.

They've got BlackBerry reps and everything going down, so even if you don't buy one, you can have a go at them
    09-21-11 02:03 PM
    Phones 4 U sent out an email yesterday saying new orange contracts can get the 9900.
    Upgrades are expected to be allowed to take it today or tomorrow as well.
    09-22-11 05:48 AM
    Just picked up one (as an upgrade) from Phones 4 U (Edinburgh).
    09-22-11 07:35 AM
    Looks like things are finally looking up on the Orange front! It's now on their systems in the Orange shops (and on display) and I was FINALLY able to pre-order one today. Desperately hoping UMA will be enabled by the time it reaches the shops, or i'm going to have one useless phone when i'm at home :-(
    09-24-11 08:18 PM
    I did tell you it'd launch today
    09-24-11 09:22 PM
    ?

Where are you seeing this? It's still showing as coming soon online and I've called the upgrade team and they're clueless about this (still saying early October).

Thanks for any info!

09-25-11 04:09 AM
    Am so glad am on Vodafone. Got mine at 31 a month inc insurance, no up front fee, unl txts, 500mb, bis (so emails, bbm etc don't touch the 500) and 1000mins. Go to Orange and ask them to match it or... Jump ship to another carrier!

09-25-11 01:34 PM
    Am so glad am on Vodafone. Got mine at 31 a month inc insurance, no up front fee, unl txts, 500mb, bis (so emails, bbm etc don't touch the 500) and 1000mins. Go to Orange and ask them to match it or... Jump ship to another carrier!

How did you get this deal?! I haven't seen this online or anywhere? Would be v interested to know! Thanks

09-25-11 02:37 PM
    I'm using a sim-free 9900 with an Orange sim-card. I can't seem to get BB Maps (maybe no service book from Orange?) to work, and the "location data" option in GPS isn't there. Is this because Orange haven't released the device themselves yet?
    09-25-11 03:09 PM
    Me too, but not for 31/month...

Had to sacrifice a few minutes call time (which never use) to get this deal, phone for free, and I get free phone insurance through Nat West... but pretty sweet for an 18 month contract

09-25-11 04:03 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD