Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Has anybody else who is on Orange / EE called 450 for technical support?

The message I immediately get is "Hello, you're through to Orange i-Phone support"

My brother has a worrying issue with his Z10 where his pay as you go funds are being wiped out within minutes and so obviously, his first port of call is Orange technical support...and then he gets through to i-Phone support instead.

Orange (after eventually realising he's on a Blackberry and not an i-Phone) put him on hold where it will inevitably cut off...and are therefore useless.
    They did, the first time he called advise he turn of data services unless on wifi which is not an acceptable answer.

Phones 4 U (where he brought the phone from) believe he has signed up to something...he hasn't...so again, useless.

Even speaking to a Blackberry rep who knows all there is to know about a Z10 couldn't help...useless.

So where do you go from here? Orange can't sort it. Phones 4 U can't sort it. Blackberry can't sort it.

Let's be clear on this.

He completely wiped his phone last night and it is still doing it...and this is leaving the phone on it's own and doing NOTHING with it.

Something is cleary wrong.

** UPDATE WITH THIS **
    I've swapped my sim into his Z10 and the credit doesn't run down which would suggest an error with his sim and or and error with Orange / EE but rules out the Z10 doing anything untoward

Also, to be fair to Phones 4 U technical support phoneline, they have been very helpful. Basically they've said don't bother trying to call the idiots at Orange 'support' they are a waste of time. If you have an issue with the phone, call us first and we will phone Orange on your behalf.

Any help / suggestions / solutions still welcome please
    Last edited by PeteNeon; 03-13-13 at 07:32 AM.
    03-13-13 05:24 AM
    The only thing(s) I can think of are;

Incorrect BIS provision on his SIM (Is he a contract or PAYG customer)
    EE Data usage (Rather than RIM data usage)

You should be able to find out from the billing dept where/what the credit is being used on.

I've had issues with people on EE who have ended up spending 2/day on BIS access without knowing it.
    03-13-13 12:53 PM
    There's a product on your brother's account called 'iPhoneidentifier' which is causing calls to route to the wrong call queue. It can be easily removed if the agent knows what they're doing. After that, it's up to the Orange internal systems to redirect to the relevant queue based on the phone's IMEI.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 02:02 PM
    I had this same issue with mine on orange it turned out that a fraudster had some how manage to sent me links to a site called uktubefliks and every message I receive cost me 2.50 it rang up to a large amount and I was forced into changing numbers right scam and I was on contract too Google it there is no site that exists only warnings about it hope it hasn't happened to you

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 02:06 PM
    With regards to the credit issue - the phone either doesn't have a data plan setup, or the data allowance has run out, or the default APN is wrong. There's no possible way for the SIM or the network to have any kind of error that just drains your credit. Phones 4 U will not be able to get a resolution. They have a dealer support number that they can call but they can't do any actual problem solving on your own account, they can only ask theoretical questions about what might be happening.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 02:07 PM
    Thanks for all the replies.

The culprit appears to be (once logged into the Orange account and going into recent usage) 'ap prepaidsessio' and tonight he has realised that this is Orange's way of basically saying 'using the internet'...which, in a way would be fine...if he was 'using the intenet' but he isn't.

We're talking about him topping up 10, then checking to see if that's worked (which it has) and then checking again five minutes later to find the amount has gone down to 8...or 6 or to just a few pence!

No amount of internet usage can cost that sort of money in such a short space of time and, let me reiterate, he's not even ON the internet!

In answer to your question Farley, yes, his BIS does match up to his number ok and he does have an Orange data plan on PAYG, as do I (and I also have an identical Z10) and interestingly, I've checked today to find my data usage has plummeted from 246mb to just 56mb in less than 12 hours

Again, I'm not sat browsing the internet, not streaming anything, all the usual data gubbins is turned off...I really am sick of Orange now, not only with this initial issue but their p*** poor 'customer service'...I don't mind something going wrong as long as they (Orange in this case) help me to sort it out, something which Orange don't seem to be interested in and to be honest, both myself and my brother will probably migrate to a sim only on GiffGaff with unlimited internet and a Blackberry services add on

Point is, we really shouldn't have to
    03-14-13 02:53 PM
    You realise that the phone is connected to the Internet constantly. You don't have to be browsing or streaming, it is connected in the background. Moving to a plan with unlimited data would be a much better idea. The prepay rate for Internet access on any network is extortionate. That is why the credit is draining. The only error is user error.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 05:26 AM
    As to be out on the new dolphin package. For topping up 10 you'll get 1GB of Internet data and 400 text messages plus your 10 to use on calls or buying Apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:37 AM