Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    NFC payments coming on Z10 with Orange UK-img_00000097.png

Seems like we can deem it confirmed. For now Orange UK and Barclays teamed up to support NFC payments only with Galaxy S3. Users report it works like a dream so hopefully not too long until Z10 supports it!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tmaier; 03-18-13 at 03:55 AM.
    gordonrgw likes this.
    03-18-13 03:43 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000097.png 
Views:	386 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	142019

Seems like we can deem it confirmed. For now Orange UK and Barclays teamed up to support NFC payments only with Galaxy S3. Users report it works like a dream so hopefully not too long until Z10 supports it!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 04:38 AM
    Call me a cynic, but I find NFC a total waste of time.

Other than payments, which I find uncomfortable as that represent just another point of Access into my bank account that some Russian or Chinese hacker will break...

Besides payments, the only other reported use has been putting a sticker in your car hold to turn Bluetooth on and off when in the car. Does that warrant an entire NFC industry?

Like Apple, I just don't buy the NFC hype
    03-18-13 04:42 AM
    I'm looking forward to it, but am hoping that I can "load" the phone with set amounts of money rather than it have a continuous stream

Apple just like to stiffle anything they're not completely in control of so what they "think" is a total irrelevance.
    03-18-13 05:31 AM

Other than payments, which I find uncomfortable as that represent just another point of Access into my bank account that some Russian or Chinese hacker will break...

Besides payments, the only other reported use has been putting a sticker in your car hold to turn Bluetooth on and off when in the car. Does that warrant an entire NFC industry?

Payments, file transfer and office doors, this, ye, warrants an entire NFC industry. If like Apple, you don't see a benefit, you might as well join the swarm of people that see the benefit of having a death grip on their phone, or not have copy paste for 3 years.

I don't understand what people like you are doing here except troll. If you don't understand a technological advancement, that frees you of your wallet and your keys simultaneously. Might as well hit yourself in the face every 20-30 minutes, just in case, you never know it might help.

And the only reason why Apply hasn't invented the NFC yet, is because they make phone bodies from glass or metal, which are both no good for NFC. So that dilemma of shiny vs functional, I wonder which apple will pick...
    03-18-13 05:42 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000097.png 
Views:	386 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	142019

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't believe a word they say about NFC payments - they said the 9900 would have NFC payments from 'shortly after launch'

Anybody got NFC working on their Orange supplied BB9900?

And.... what is worse, Orange are only partnering with Barclaycard, my least favourite credit card company in the UK.....
    06-03-13 07:00 PM

NFC payments are widely used in other countries, you load up your NFC wallet (just like you put money in your real wallet), and away you go....

In Turkey, you get a paper type thing (with a chip embedded in it) that you put in your mobile (twixt the battery and the outer case) - works like a dream, really easy way to buy coffees in the morning, make small purchases, etc

At most you could lose up to c$30 - just the same as if your purse was stolen...

I am not aware of any NFC mobile wallet hacking in Turkey (where NFC payments are prevalent in all of the big cities)

btw - NFC smart tags also work very well in places like museums, art gallerys, sculpture parks, historic gardens,,,,
    06-03-13 07:05 PM