Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi,

I've chosen not to upgrade to a Q10 for my own reasons and will hang onto the 9900. Nevertheless I am going to take out a new contract with EE, they are a 4G only network so of course the 9900 will not see the benefits of that, not really bothered though. What concerns me is whether I can get the BIS provisioning on EE.

EE is a pretty awful company with a myriad of different answers presented by staff to questions leading to a murky situation for the consumer, but they have exceptional roaming offers. I had two conflicting reports, one from a sales associate saying it was impossible to use a 9900 on EE and another after passing the hurdle of the compatibility of the SIM in the device saying he could add a BlackBerry Booster to my plan for free, as apparently a Q10 plan (which is the handset I will in fact receive) does of course not need it.-I heard some sort of automatic provisioning is in place for BBM?

Could any EE user with an OS 10 device on EE be kind enough to try his/her BB7 handset on the network after request a BB Booster to be turned on. Oddly, the boy said they do the Booster "for when email is not working" including the Q10. I don't know what to make of that.

I would be most grateful.

Kind regards and thanks,
    08-20-13 06:34 PM
    I can't help you with the specifics you're asking but according to the EE site, if you are either an Orange or T-Mobile customer then BIS is available. BlackBerry Bold 9900 - Devices | EE Help However, it seems as though if you're going strictly with a new EE service itself they won't offer you BIS because older BB7 devices are not part of their device line-up.
    08-20-13 08:20 PM
    EE (4G) side of the network don't do the Blackberry services - that side of the company don't have the add ons unlike T-Mobile or Orange. Hope that helps

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 03:31 AM
    I have tried the same. Moved to EE 4G network but am using my old Bold 9900 (using just 3G). The BIS didnt work initially, so called Customer Service who said there is no special Blackberry service on EE, but provided me with a Free Blackberry Add-on. It all works fine.

Also, I am on a 24 Month Roaming Plan, so they added a Blackberry Roaming Add-on for Free. And the surprise is, when I am on Roaming, though I didnt buy a Roaming Data bundle, I am getting all my emails through BIS. When I open the browser, it asks me to buy a Data bundle, but why should I buy data when I am getting my emails. And the next surprise is, I am getting Whatsapp & FB messages, as they are linked to BBM.

The final surprise is, I got charged for the BIS usage though I have the Blackberry Roaming add-on, and I called the customer services, who said I shouldn't be charged, so they credited back the charges, with a suggestion that I should try to use data mostly on wifi.
    PhillyBurgh likes this.
    02-03-14 03:12 AM
    Hi,

I've chosen not to upgrade to a Q10 for my own reasons and will hang onto the 9900. Nevertheless I am going to take out a new contract with EE, they are a 4G only network so of course the 9900 will not see the benefits of that, not really bothered though. What concerns me is whether I can get the BIS provisioning on EE.

EE is a pretty awful company with a myriad of different answers presented by staff to questions leading to a murky situation for the consumer, but they have exceptional roaming offers. I had two conflicting reports, one from a sales associate saying it was impossible to use a 9900 on EE and another after passing the hurdle of the compatibility of the SIM in the device saying he could add a BlackBerry Booster to my plan for free, as apparently a Q10 plan (which is the handset I will in fact receive) does of course not need it.-I heard some sort of automatic provisioning is in place for BBM?

Could any EE user with an OS 10 device on EE be kind enough to try his/her BB7 handset on the network after request a BB Booster to be turned on. Oddly, the boy said they do the Booster "for when email is not working" including the Q10. I don't know what to make of that.

I would be most grateful.

Kind regards and thanks,
    If you download the EE App to your device select packs and scroll down through the packs and you'll see BlackBerry Packs. Which I'm lead to believe are for BBOS users see screen shoot. I have never purchased a BlackBerry pack as all the other packs work fine on BB10 and if BIS, is included in the BlackBerry packs, my device may not enjoy it.

Check the packs out on the App, then speak to EE customer service to clarify on your EE phone cal 150.

EE BIS-img_20150708_042539.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Craigash; 07-11-15 at 02:53 PM.
    07-07-15 10:30 PM