Hi everyone, 1st post, and i've got some (probably simple) questions for you.
    I'm looking to purchase a new sim free blackberry bold 9700 or 9780 in the near future, and use my current orange contract sim in it. My contract sim is a Orange UK iphone 4 micro sim, in an adapter to turn it into a full size sim. my question is, will this sim work ok in a new bold? Will it need BIS adding to it? if so, can BIS be added to an existing contract/sim card that was originally used in an iphone 4? I've tried looking in a search engine, but i cant find any answers to my specific questions. I apologise if my questions sound a bit dumb, but im struggling to get my head around how blackberrys work, what with BIS and is it BES? and it is gone midnight here in the uk (side note, how do i change the forum clock to my timezone? i selected 11.00 to 00.00 and it displayed 10.10? )

Thanks in advance

Ian
    10-27-10 06:10 PM
    Hey Beaker I'm also new at this forum but I think you can add the service talking to the Orange guys... (do it at the store).!
    10-28-10 06:24 AM
    Hey i think the orange blackberry bundle is about 5 pm
    10-28-10 08:14 AM
    You will need a BIS bundle active on your number for your SIM to work properly in the BB.

If you do not have this you will only be able to use it for calls and texts.
    10-28-10 01:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys, so in theory then the Orange BIS service can be added to any existing orange contract, regardless of what phone it was originally used in?
    Figured out the clock settings by the way

Thanks again

Ian
    10-28-10 02:27 PM
    Yes I think so, cause it's like an add on i guess... =)
    10-28-10 06:13 PM
    Hello all,

I have a very similar query to Ian's (I think!). Hoping anyone can help?

My aunty is currently visiting and has recently purchased an Orange Pay as You Go Sim. The back of the package suggests it is a 'Retail Combi PAYG pack'.

Since activating the SIM, she is able to:

Make and receive calls.
    Browse the internet.
    Send SMS.

She is UNABLE to:

Use BBM
    Send emails.

When I try to send an email the message status is 'service blocked'. Does my aunty require an additional BIS package/bundle? If this was the case, I would have thought she would have been unable to browse the internet, but she can? BBM does work when connected to Wi-Fi. Do any settings need to be changed on the phone?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
    03-26-13 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD