Hello

I'm getting my 9900 today from Orange and was wondering if I can back up the original Orange firmware it will be supplied with, so i can update to a standard blackberry firmware (without all the bundled crap Orange supply)

As I've got this for 14 days cooling off period, I don't know if I'm going to keep it or go with the 4S, so I can revert to the original firmware if i send it back.

Thanks
    10-18-11 07:57 AM
    No, you can't backup an OS.

There is no such thing as 'standard' BlackBerry software, each version is the same. The 'bundled crap' will be pushed to your phone by Orange via service books, no matter which OS version you're using.

If you want to reinstall the original Orange OS before returning, then you'll have to find that particular version from another network provider here... BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites as the 9900 software is not showing under Orange yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 08:11 AM
    As said before, just download the Orange versio, however, last time i checked they hadnt added the 9900 to the download options yet.

I have an unlocked 9900 on orange, due to them taking so long. I wouldnt worry about
    changing the OS, even if you had to return it they will never know the difference.

And .440 is a lot better for battery life.
    10-18-11 08:22 AM
    Thanks for the replies, I'll see how the phone is over the next couple of days, I'm coming from a Torch and just getting bored of Blackberry now to be honest, but we're see how this pans out.
    10-18-11 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD