Dear Developer Team/community, it would be nice if it's possible to synch, and connect to ubuntu without any problems, also synch thunderbird/calender without big installation drama... Thank you.

In general I don't understand BB, Linux is saver without huge issues. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    QXS likes this.
    03-14-14 05:11 AM
    nobody loves linux except developers, so nobody care about it.
    Non of Mobile device company made suite or something like that for linux....
    03-14-14 05:21 AM
    A small amount of companies are also using it, it's quite stabile also I note..

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 07:48 AM
    I'm not a developer and I absolutely adore Linux.

A small amount of companies are also using it, it's quite stabile also I note..

Posted via CB10
    80% of companies use it to power their servers; and it's very stable.
    David in Durham, Soul_Est and QXS like this.
    03-14-14 07:52 AM
    It's my main OS, couldn't live without it (ok, sometimes I wish there was no tech at all, and life was simpler). Windows is just too easily messed up...

Just back up and restore the /home folder (rsync), recreate the user (adduser) and run your app selection through apt-get or yum....

Done.

How many days it takes to get your Windows system to where it was before desaster struck, I can't tell you, but way too many...

Zzzzwiped from a Zedevice....
    04-04-14 10:08 AM
    It's my main OS, couldn't live without it (ok, sometimes I wish there was no tech at all, and life was simpler). Windows is just too easily messed up...

Just back up and restore the /home folder (rsync), recreate the user (adduser) and run your app selection through apt-get or yum....

Done.

How many days it takes to get your Windows system to where it was before disaster struck, I can't tell you, but way too many...

04-04-14 10:11 AM

Done.

How many days it takes to get your Windows system to where it was before desaster struck, I can't tell you, but way too many...

About 25 minutes after loading GHost Disaster recovery cd.
    04-04-14 10:27 AM
    Ah. No

I'm an IT consultant and have been for about 8 years. Any major company I've consulted with has had a division for Windows and UNIX.

There are clear advantages for both in different scenarios. In fact, you need both at some point.

A smart company caters the server to the best practices of the application that best meets the needs of a client. Meaning the server doesn't decide the application for the user. It's the other way around, business unit requires an application that runs best with a certain database and certain application server. Where the OS is delineated by best practices for the app, fail over solutions, etc.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Soul_Est likes this.
    04-05-14 11:16 PM
    As you use Linux and it's my case... I don't have windows.

Beside of that's why I use a BlackBerry device.

My BlackBerry is autonomous. Don't need a desktop computer. Don't need iTunes or other spyware...

I don't BlackBerry Link. But I don't need.

I use OwnCloud PHP application on my Linux desktop. So I can sync (and save) my address book and my calendar through CardDAV and CalDAV. And of course my documents through WebDAV.

Nicolas

Posted via CB10
    Soul_Est likes this.
    04-17-14 02:08 PM