We are now, again hoping for a Blackberry this year. Many things have happened since last year and many of us have gone to other platforms. That makes it an even harder sell in my opinion. For example, the camera. While I was ok going from blackberry to blackberry phones and seeing my camera quality improve. It's now gonna be hard to go back to a blackberry with a presumably lesser camera than my pixel 6.

What are you guys wish for 2022 Blackberry ?

On my side :
    - Physical keyboard
    - Android 12 (especially if we are not sure of phone support on the long run)
    - 2 day battery life
    - camera on par with current flagships.
    - 90hz display (most of us are now on devices with 90 or 120... Would be nuts to ask people to go back to 60).
    givechanceachance and hmp3 like this.
    01-09-22 12:16 AM
    removable batt
    kbd
    bottle opener
    realistic MP camera spec that doesnt exceed threshold of image quality to space consuming garbage pixels.

new idea: replacable screen that has gpu and arm cpu and memory builtin to allow upgrade swaping. the pinephone has generated such interest. to add to that there could be screen tech options such as E-ink screens. color e ink is also a new development.

descent size bevel so you can grab device with confidence: how many folks have had phones slip from their grip because it was literally all touch screen?

theres more tho in bed and will make a better more concise effort tomorrow on the list of wants for bb branded phone for 2022.
    01-09-22 12:26 AM
    removable batt
    kbd
    bottle opener
    realistic MP camera spec that doesnt exceed threshold of image quality to space consuming garbage pixels.

new idea: replacable screen that has gpu and arm cpu and memory builtin to allow upgrade swaping. the pinephone has generated such interest. to add to that there could be screen tech options such as E-ink screens. color e ink is also a new development.

descent size bevel so you can grab device with confidence: how many folks have had phones slip from their grip because it was literally all touch screen?

theres more tho in bed and will make a better more concise effort tomorrow on the list of wants for bb branded phone for 2022.
    I'm sure that OM can make a good bottle opener.
    hmp3 likes this.
    01-09-22 03:52 AM
    removable batt
    kbd
    bottle opener

Bottle Opener, now that is pure bendgate. Unless is a separate OM branded item.
    01-09-22 07:11 AM
    removable batt
    kbd
    bottle opener

At this point, since the device appears to only have the BlackBerry name, do we really want that baggage. While I'm OK with the name, I'm afraid it's a liability with all the recent shutdown publicity in addition to past results.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    01-09-22 07:18 AM
    Why so negative? Why not discuss what is good based on what I wrote: My suggestion of a bottle opener attached to the phone may have gone in any other direction such as a case add on.

This forum tends to draw in the worst. Why not highlight some of the other ideas I posted? Why just go after the strawman of the bottle opener?

Clearly you took the bait!

This even more exemplifies the intentional negative loom of the folks that set the atmosphere of these forums.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-09-22 08:20 AM
    I agree that we probably shouldn't be expecting of whatever comes from OM as to be a "BlackBerry". Rather, if we think of it more just as some sort of 5G PKB, then I think there are lots of useful and constructive discussions that could thappen (if we can also avoid the vicious VKB vs PKB debates). There have been other posts already that have suggested that use of the brand "BlackBerry" should be divorced from the OM effort. It would seem to me that talk about that topic now again in this thread is just a linkage to a continuance of those other discussions.
    howarmat and pizzawheel like this.
    01-09-22 08:36 AM
    Removable battery would be cool
    givechanceachance likes this.
    01-09-22 08:37 AM
    So also PKB
    givechanceachance likes this.
    01-09-22 08:37 AM
    SD card slot
    01-09-22 08:38 AM
    Why so negative? Why not discuss what is good based on what I wrote: My suggestion of a bottle opener attached to the phone may have gone in any other direction such as a case add on.

This forum tends to draw in the worst. Why not highlight some of the other ideas I posted? Why just go after the strawman of the bottle opener?

This even more exemplifies the intentional negative loom of the folks that set the atmosphere of these forums.
    If you're replying to me, I don't know because you just blindly posted, I'm thinking you want actual device. If BlackBerry no longer supports it's own devices, that seemed counterproductive to what I thought you were being serious about.
    01-09-22 08:39 AM
    I agree that we probably shouldn't be expecting of whatever comes from OM as to be a "BlackBerry".

<snip>

There have been other posts already that have suggested that use of the brand "BlackBerry" should be divorced from the OM effort.
    It seems OM agree with you. There isn't one occurrence of the word "BlackBerry" in their recent update. Not a single mention.
    01-09-22 08:55 AM
    It seems OM agree with you. There isn't one occurrence of the word "BlackBerry" in their recent update. Not a single mention.
    That's a plus (I think). Maybe this is actually an item to list as a wish, as Chucky suggested.
    01-09-22 08:59 AM
    What about being adopted by the major carriers in the US?
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    01-09-22 10:28 AM

The problem is that the top 3 posters on this site all just parrot the same tired lines and try to shut down any positive conversation about the potential future of BlackBerry. It's true that there may not be a potential future but FFS this is a BlackBerry specific forum. There's no need to dump a bucket of cold water on every single post that tries to be positive or spark conversation.
    01-09-22 10:37 AM
    The problem is that the top 3 posters on this site all just parrot the same tired lines and try to shut down any positive conversation about the potential future of BlackBerry. It's true that there may not be a potential future but FFS this is a BlackBerry specific forum. There's no need to dump a bucket of cold water on every single post that tries to be positive or spark conversation.
    You should report those posts
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-09-22 10:45 AM

It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder. Chuck's comment about skipping the BlackBerry label has been suggested by and/or supported by a quite a few members over a number of threads. The proposal to avoid adding the tarnished BlackBerry name to the OM device could arguably give it a better chance of success. That's entirely in line with the intent of this thread.
    pdr733 and eshropshire like this.
    01-09-22 10:52 AM
    Nah. Snitches get stitches, bud.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-09-22 11:12 AM
    I don't think those sorts of things being mentioned are things that would be addressed by a report to a mod.
    01-09-22 11:13 AM
    It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder. Chuck's comment about skipping the BlackBerry label has been suggested by and/or supported by a quite a few members over a number of threads. The proposal to avoid adding the tarnished BlackBerry name to the OM device could arguably give it a better chance of success. That's entirely in line with the intent of this thread.
    I thought the quick spark to a flame was more about the focus on the bottle opener item.
    Paulelmar18 and elfabio80 like this.
    01-09-22 11:14 AM
    What about being adopted by the major carriers in the US?
    This would be cool, and I agree would help. However, I would actually prefer if the US carriers could be nudged towards more open standards for the devices they let on their networks, as opposed to the carriers having as much influence as they do on the manufacturer, or on certain phones needing to be labelled and listed as only for certain carriers, etc.
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    01-09-22 11:18 AM
    This would be cool, and I agree would help. However, I would actually prefer if the US carriers could be nudged towards more open standards for the devices they let on their networks, as opposed to the carriers having as much influence as they do on the manufacturer, or on certain phones needing to be labelled and listed as only for certain carriers, etc.
    That ain't happening anytime soon unless the law changes. And with many of those who've made the laws for the past 30 years being corporate financed and not caring one whit about actual people... well, you can see where this will go.
    01-09-22 11:40 AM
    That ain't happening anytime soon unless the law changes...
    Yes. However, doesn't stop me from wishing.
    Sigewif and KitJackson67 like this.
    01-09-22 11:46 AM
    Yes. However, doesn't stop me from wishing.
    I can understand that.
    01-09-22 12:06 PM
    I hope they make it so the space bar takes photos by pressing it the way the KEY2 does. you don't notice the need till you are outside and it is cold (gloves-needed cold).
    hmp3 likes this.
    01-10-22 12:05 AM
78 123 ...