Working hard? Okay it's a good phone but how hard can it be?
    01-03-22 03:03 AM
    I tried to contact via LinkedIn one of the executives at onwardmobility. my question was ''any news about your device?" the answer ''Hello,
    Nothing I can communicate at this stage''. my second question '' can u please tell me if the project is still up and running?" the answer "Yes, still working hard on it."

what do u think?
    same answer for over 6 months
    01-03-22 05:40 AM
    I tried to contact via LinkedIn one of the executives at onwardmobility. my question was ''any news about your device?" the answer ''Hello,
    Nothing I can communicate at this stage''. my second question '' can u please tell me if the project is still up and running?" the answer "Yes, still working hard on it."

what do u think?
    How can they be toiling away but not even update the website for any signs of life? I call BS on that one all day long.
    01-03-22 07:05 AM
    How can they be toiling away but not even update the website for any signs of life? I call BS on that one all day long.
    They don't make overtimes.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-03-22 07:35 AM
    I have to agree. It costs nothing to update people through social media or their own (dormant) website.

Moral is don't count on OM at all.
    01-03-22 08:35 AM
    I have to agree. It costs nothing to update people through social media or their own (dormant) website.

Moral is don't count on OM at all.
    In my final message on LinkedIn I suggested to update their release date in order to have an illusion of seriousness.
    01-03-22 08:49 AM
    In my final message on LinkedIn I suggested to update their release date in order to have an illusion of seriousness.
    That’s a great idea that nobody else thought of yet……
    01-03-22 12:14 PM
    We only wish....(SIGH)
    01-04-22 09:34 AM
    Or maybe as I’ve mentioned before they cannot respond or make a statement right now, much like I cannot discuss things and they too have acknowledged that they are bound by their own NDAs. What I can tell you is one day it will make sense. Until that day you can keep calling me a snake oil salesman and think they’re out of the phone business, but one day… 2 + 2 will make 4.
    Don't you have to be in something to get out of it?

To be in the phone business, you have to release at least one phone.
    gdugic and JeepBB like this.
    01-05-22 10:38 AM
    Don't you have to be in something to get out of it?

To be in the phone business, you have to release at least one phone.
    Okay, fine, out of the vaporware business.
    01-05-22 12:19 PM
    Okay, fine, out of the vaporware business.
    I hear that can be quite lucrative if done right...

JeepBB and EdMinghuang like this.
    01-05-22 12:33 PM
    I hear that can be quite lucrative if done right...

Maybe they are building it up, just to sublet the brand to someone else...
    01-12-22 01:47 PM
    Blackberry is a respected company in the area of cyber security, around USD 800 million revenue.

Their logo might not mean much around the mobile phones industry by today, but it has a value when taking about security.
    Why would them allow a startup to use their logo for free and without any purpose?

This is against any corporate logic, even if we (you and I) are the only ones with the radar on
    Funny isn't it how BB does so well with security software now, did so well with phones for so long, but then unaccountably kept tripping over their own feet so many times on their smartphones?

And after all the "inducements" failed to drive away the hard core of dedicated users who aren't distracted the lack of games, music or social media apps LOL, finally they were told to pull the plug on the servers to force us all onto those portable teleprompters the rest of the sheep long ago embraced to their bosoms.

I guess the best we can say for them is they tried, but the "inducements" were too much.
    01-21-22 10:47 AM
    Funny isn't it how BB does so well with security software now, did so well with phones for so long, but then unaccountably kept tripping over their own feet so many times on their smartphones?

And after all the "inducements" failed to drive away the hard core of dedicated users who aren't distracted the lack of games, music or social media apps LOL, finally they were told to pull the plug on the servers to force us all onto those portable teleprompters the rest of the sheep long ago embraced to their bosoms.

I guess the best we can say for them is they tried, but the "inducements" were too much.
    BlackBerry handsets were done the second BIS was no longer wanted/required by carriers and consumers - circa 2009/10.

Everything BlackBerry management did after that was irrelevant, as they weren't going to beat Apple or Google on a level, non-BIS, playing field.
    Laura Knotek and pdr733 like this.
    01-21-22 10:58 AM

BlackBerry is doing well in security software? That's news to me. I think they are in the same boat today in Cybersecurity & Automotive, as they were in 2010 with smartphone - out of their league, and too expensive to be competitive.
    01-21-22 11:17 AM
    BlackBerry is doing well in security software? That's news to me. I think they are in the same boat today in Cybersecurity & Automotive, as they were in 2010 with smartphone - out of their league, and too expensive to be competitive.
    Facts? Links?
    01-21-22 12:06 PM
    Facts? Links?
    Unfortunately you don't have to look any further than their financial statements. Revenue last 15 quarters (millions):

2019:
    Q1: $213
    Q2: $210
    Q3: $226
    Q4: $255

2020:
    Q1: $247
    Q2: $244
    Q3: $267
    Q4: $282

2021:
    Q1: $206
    Q2: $259
    Q3: $218
    Q4: $210

2022:
    Q1: $174
    Q2: $175
    Q3: $184

Don't forget that BlackBerry operates 10 months ahead of calendar year.
    Last edited by conite; 01-21-22 at 12:24 PM.
    John Albert and Laura Knotek like this.
    01-21-22 12:11 PM
    Facts? Links?
    Just link to all their government filings as publicly traded company…….

Unlike Onward Mobility, BlackBerry Limited communicates on a regular frequent basis with plenty of factual information just in their annual reports
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-22 12:27 PM
    Unfortunately you don't have to look any further than their financial statements. Revenue last 15 quarters (millions):

2019:
    Q1: $213
    Q2: $210
    Q3: $226
    Q4: $255

2020:
    Q1: $247
    Q2: $244
    Q3: $267
    Q4: $282

2021:
    Q1: $206
    Q2: $259
    Q3: $218
    Q4: $210

2022:
    Q1: $174
    Q2: $175
    Q3: $184

Don't forget that BlackBerry operates 10 months ahead of calendar year.
    And while some of this is due to IP licensing running out and not really part of the "new" business. BlackBerry specifically stated in the last earnings report that SPARK in North American market had seen a $17 Million decrease.... during a time when others are seeing double digit growth. They are falling on Gartner's Magic Quadrant.. one of the best insights into where Enterprise is moving.

This is just like back in the smartphone days....
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-21-22 01:28 PM
    How great was the KEY2 over the KEYone? Your just mad there isn't a Key5 at this point.... but that's not Samsung or Apple's fault.

Me personally I'm sticking with my iPhone XR till the iPhone 14... at that point I think the ending of 3G and need for 5G will be close to critical on Verizon. But I don't blame anyone for getting the latest and greatest each year... if that's what they want.
    Same here, holding on to my 11 Pro Max which has been absolutely brilliant, waiting for the 14 Pro Max, if I am not convinced by that I’ll wait for 15 Pro Max. Beautiful thing that Apple supports these devices for well over 7 years, so you really can take your time to get a new device, just replace the battery after 2 years and you are good to go again.

The S22 Ultra is tempting though, I miss the SPen from my Note8, so my mind is spinning a little with the S22U, waiting for announcement to make up my mind. 😂
    01-21-22 03:04 PM
    What "formal request of information" could any entity send that OM doesn't just ignore or send the same generic "personal" email reply everyone has been getting already?
    He is right about that when a community expresses a request, that is way much stronger than individuals sending update requests.
    01-21-22 03:51 PM
    He is right about that when a community expresses a request, that is way much stronger than individuals sending update requests.
    It still presupposes you have something your shareholders, investors, or directors are willing to say.
    01-21-22 04:13 PM
    The fact that some of the biggest tech media outlets and YouTubers are asking them questions and not getting anything back I think says a lot in itself. The YouTubers especially have huge communities, look at how Google quickly moved to release the Pixel 6/6 Pro January update after MKBHD tweeted that his Pixel 6 was unusable and he’s putting his SIM back in a competitor device.
    01-22-22 12:30 AM
    It still presupposes you have something your shareholders, investors, or directors are willing to say.
    And able to say.
    01-22-22 07:41 PM
349 ... 121314