I was wondering, given the current situation of mystery and total lack of communication from OM, what if the Editorial Head of Crackberry sent a formal request of information to OM? It could be an attempt to know some detail about the new device or its coming to the market. Further, if there was no response, Crackberry might warn that they will remove the "Onwardmobility" category from the forum, not having OM communicated any information about the new device since months. What do you think?
    10-28-21 07:05 AM
    I was wondering, given the current situation of mystery and total lack of communication from OM, what if the Editorial Head of Crackberry sent a formal request of information to OM? It could be an attempt to know some detail about the new device or its coming to the market. Further, if there was no response, Crackberry might warn that they will remove the "Onwardmobility" category from the forum, not having OM communicated any information about the new device since months. What do you think?
    hilarious that you think crackberry is some high power machine with such influence
    10-28-21 07:08 AM
    hilarious that you think crackberry is some high power machine with such influence
    At least, Crackberry could have influence on its own forum, deleting OM's vaporware sub-category!
    10-28-21 07:12 AM
    Worth a shot, but will probably receive the same email template as we've seen elsewhere.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-28-21 07:25 AM
    At least, Crackberry could have influence on its own forum, deleting OM's vaporware sub-category!
    People here still seem to want to talk about it.

OM isn't going to reveal what they won't or can't say.
    ppeters914 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-28-21 07:28 AM
    What "formal request of information" could any entity send that OM doesn't just ignore or send the same generic "personal" email reply everyone has been getting already?
    10-28-21 07:33 AM
    What "formal request of information" could any entity send that OM doesn't just ignore or send the same generic "personal" email reply everyone has been getting already?
    In that case, if they kept ignoring any entity asking info, I'd delete their presence on this forum. Ok, it would not cause any big issue to them, but it would be another step toward the end of their credibility.
    John Albert and VolvoBear_ry like this.
    10-28-21 07:39 AM
    In that case, if they kept ignoring any entity asking info, I'd delete their presence on this forum. Ok, it would not cause any big issue to them, but it would be another step toward the end of their credibility.
    How does that serve this forum?
    10-28-21 07:40 AM
    But it could hurt CrackBerry's credibility if OM does actually release something later?

And if there were no OM forums, would that push some traffic away from CrackBerry?

Besides, maybe Bla1ze already knows (just as Adam seems to know something), but is bound to a NDA that prevents him from sharing with us.
    ppeters914 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-28-21 07:55 AM
    I see. Some people are really, really desperate. But this is only a damn phone, not the universal cure for cancer.
    3800, brookie229 and ppeters914 like this.
    10-28-21 09:05 AM
    There are enough reporters in this forum.
    10-28-21 09:20 AM
    Why? OM, as much as I'd like under no obligation to discuss anything. How that affects their credibility or lack thereof is their decision. OM didn't ask for a dedicated area on CB and that's simply how public forums are good or bad. It's the basic right to freedom of speech.
    3800 and mikael11 like this.
    10-28-21 09:29 AM
    A Crackberry subpoena?
    10-28-21 10:08 AM
    Why? OM, as much as I'd like under no obligation to discuss anything. How that affects their credibility or lack thereof is their decision. OM didn't ask for a dedicated area on CB and that's simply how public forums are good or bad. It's the basic right to freedom of speech.
    Ok tonight I will buy a website, I will call it "nextsecurityphone.com" , in which I will proclaim that I am about to put a new blackberry device on the market by March 2022. Then in order to substantiate my claim, I will go live with Adam on YouTube and there we will talk about my project, my stakeholders... therefore, by the end of the next week, I want a sub category under the category "android phones" on this forum too!

Obviously I am just joking, but I am not too far from reality.
    10-28-21 10:30 AM
    Ok tonight I will buy a website, I will call it "nextsecurityphone.com" , in which I will proclaim that I am about to put a new blackberry device on the market by March 2022. Then in order to substantiate my claim, I will go live with Adam on YouTube and there we will talk about my project, my stakeholders... therefore, by the end of the next week, I want a sub category under the category "android phones" on this forum too!

And if you have enough credibility, and the backing of a number of BBMo and Sonim executives, you might get a forum thread too.
    3800 and diegonei like this.
    10-28-21 10:59 AM

Sure except for the fact that CB is simply a medium to discuss topics, like Unihertz devices too. If you, or anyone else, can get CB to create thread for you or preferred topic, awesome..
    3800 likes this.
    10-28-21 12:39 PM
    Sure except for the fact that CB is simply a medium to discuss topics, like Unihertz devices too. If you, or anyone else, can get CB to create thread for you or preferred topic, awesome..

mine was just a polemical way to say that OM maybe does not deserve a place here after so many months of silence.
    10-28-21 12:56 PM
    mine was just a polemical way to say that OM maybe does not deserve a place here after so many months of silence.
    What does at this point?

In they end the did get a license from BlackBerry and were planning to launch a phone... Sad, but that might be the last official use of the BlackBerry brand with smartphones.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 10-28-21 at 01:21 PM.
    3800 likes this.
    10-28-21 01:02 PM
    I understand that but OM didn't ask for, create or earn the place. It was created by CB to help drive additional forum traffic. It benefits CB so why exactly would they kill it?
    3800 and diegonei like this.
    10-28-21 01:03 PM
    What an amusing coincidence: the final "own-goal" from RIM/BB, ably assisted by OM.

BB + OM = BOMB.

The last in a long series of "inexplicable" -LOL- "errors of judgement" .

Oh well, all good things must come to an end.
    10-28-21 05:03 PM
    What an amusing coincidence: the final "own-goal" from RIM/BB, ably assisted by OM.
    BlackBerry has absolutely nothing to do with any of this. They decided to turf devices in 2013, and were able to get out completely by 2016 - 5 years ago.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-28-21 08:10 PM
    What does at this point?

In they end the did get a license from BlackBerry and were planning to launch a phone... Sad, but that might be the last official use of the BlackBerry brand with smartphones.
    The OM website still shows there is an agreement in place with Blackberry.

Would the BlackBerry legal department allow them to refer to this agreement if it were not real and in place now?
    10-29-21 02:09 PM
    The OM website still shows there is an agreement in place with Blackberry.

Would the BlackBerry legal department allow them to refer to this agreement if it were not real and in place now?
    Why would BlackBerry care one way or the other?
    10-29-21 02:10 PM
    Why would BlackBerry care one way or the other?
    Free good advertising is fine.
    Free bad advertising harms the brand. Maybe not a big concern for BlackBerry at this point, but it does not justify total inaction in taking out this references to a partnership if it were not active.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    10-29-21 02:22 PM
    Free good advertising is fine.
    Free bad advertising harms the brand. Maybe not a big concern for BlackBerry at this point, but it does not justify total inaction in taking out this references to a partnership if it were not active.
    No one cares about OM. No one cares about BlackBerry devices - the least of which BlackBerry. There is nothing to harm.

BlackBerry hasn't said boo since the announcement in the first place - no press releases, no comments during the 4 quarterly reports since. Zero.
    3800 likes this.
    10-29-21 02:24 PM
349 123 ...