What do you guys think? BB 2021 concept-bbry.jpg
    shakingthrough likes this.
    09-28-20 03:17 PM
    I'd say not possible, but then LG dropped the Wing.
    09-28-20 04:27 PM
    Inspired by the Nokia 3250, though that was considerably thick.
    09-28-20 05:16 PM
    This looks just like that Vivo swiveling PKB patent that showed up back in May of this year
    Mirko935 likes this.
    09-28-20 07:45 PM
    Wow, never knew there had been a patent!
    09-28-20 08:49 PM
    Neat concept, but I think they are going to keep it simple since the device is being geared towards the enterprise market.
    09-29-20 06:11 AM
    I hate to sound negative, but why?

It's a more complicated way to do what a slider does for a much worse end result.
    09-29-20 06:43 AM
    I hate to sound negative, but why?

It's a more complicated way to do what a slider does for a much worse end result.
    But there’s nothing really wrong or negative for when you go asking questions like that. See how that’s what the rest of us are saying or questioning. Everybody here doesn’t just want another failed device. We’re fans and we just want OM licensed BlackBerry to succeed and then we can have more options.
    09-29-20 07:46 AM
    But there’s nothing really wrong or negative for when you go asking questions like that. See how that’s what the rest of us are saying or questioning. Everybody here doesn’t just want another failed device. We’re fans and we just want OM licensed BlackBerry to succeed and then we can have more options.
    It is negative if I just dismiss it as stupid and condemn it to being a failure right away. Perhaps there is indeed some sense to such a design that I'm unable to see. Maybe some people want to have a small display on the backside of the phone. Maybe there's a potential market of 100 million people that would gladly buy such a phone to use the lower part as some kind of a fidget spinner. I don't know but it wouldn't be nice to completely dismiss it right away just because I'm unable to see its purpose.
    09-29-20 08:27 AM
    I'd say not possible, but then LG dropped the Wing.
    Yeah LG is trying really hard to offer something different... actually surprised they haven't tried a PKB phone.

This is a neat take on some other designs from the past..... but in the end, it would be more costly, and at these volumes and this market. Just not a risk I can see working out. Unless Onward plans a series of "kickstarter" devices. Only commits to build once their goal for it has been reached.
    09-29-20 08:46 AM
    from the pictures alone I'm not sure what this design offers that a fixed keyboard does not. then there would seem to be more cost to design and manufacture. concern about durability of the design, too. maybe the op has answers for these questions?
    10-04-20 12:29 PM
    Very cool!! Why keep it simple!? Gimmicks sell.

They should have a basic touch screen for enterprise and a cool high-end flagship for the die hards...
    10-10-20 09:20 PM
    Very cool!! Why keep it simple!? Gimmicks sell.

They should have a basic touch screen for enterprise and a cool high-end flagship for the die hards...
    This is strictly an enterprise device. They are starting with one device only.
    10-10-20 10:38 PM
    This is strictly an enterprise device. They are starting with one device only.
    Their focus is "government, enterprise, and consumers" per Twitter and their website.

Moreover, Peter Franklin has alluded to multiple devices in several interviews and the PKB appeal is far greater to consumers. The Enterprise device just needs security / a standard slab.
    10-10-20 10:42 PM
    Their focus is "government, enterprise, and consumers" per Twitter and their website.

Moreover, Peter Franklin has alluded to multiple devices in several interviews and the PKB appeal is far greater to consumers. The Enterprise device just needs security / a standard slab.
    "...with a clear mission:

To provide all businesses, from government to enterprise to those who power the gig economy—the most productive, most user-friendly and most secure mobile devices ever created. So nothing gets in the way of their mission."

The word consumer doesn't appear even once on the entire website. We will no doubt be able to grab one too, but that is not OM's focus - and shouldn't be, as that is a recipe for disaster.
    10-10-20 10:44 PM
    Yeah, it does... as their Twitter, LinkedIn, and press releases. Their last tweet even says "deviceS" plural.
    You were vehemently saying there would NOT be another BB device a mere few months ago. Now you're denying what's in black and white. I don't know why you're such a negative person. Have a nice weekend.

What do you guys think? BB 2021 concept-consite.jpg
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-10-20 11:01 PM
    Yeah, it does... as their Twitter, LinkedIn, and press releases. Their last tweet even says "deviceS" plural.
    You were vehemently saying there would NOT be another BB device a mere few months ago. Now you're denying what's in black and white. I don't know why you're such a negative person. Have a nice weekend.
    See the website. Social media is marketing fluff.

I'm sure they plan to release many devices over the long haul if the first one is successful.

But again, focus on their mission statement - it says everything you need to know. They will be more than happy to pick up consumer sales as a bonus I'm sure - they just won't be focusing limited resources in that space. Flooding social media is easy and free.
    Last edited by conite; 10-10-20 at 11:24 PM.
    10-10-20 11:06 PM
    Lol, the swivel seems like it'd break if you put it in your pocket and crouched down. Cool idea but not sure how it can be done in a durable way.
    10-11-20 02:25 AM
    I'm too lazy to read it all I say put a 2nd battery in the PKB and sell it separately as an add-on ...Ha!!
    10-11-20 10:42 AM
    I guess since that new US made and running on Android device.. it would be automatically fully conform to be used for the CommonPass and ID2020 device in use for Known-Traveller-Projekt and has full approval by the "World Economic Forum" and consortium (Accenture) based on US-Cloud and server infrastructure by US-law and Governance for years to come... with all the nifty future gimmicks including.. no escape by design.

 Classic  Passport  OS10.3.3.3216
    Last edited by BB-nomade; 10-18-20 at 09:40 AM.
    10-18-20 07:31 AM