From their blog post on 1/6 Onward Mobility stated "we will be providing more regular updates starting this month that will clarify and answer many of your questions"

Does this mean we should get a true update in January 2022?
    01-27-22 07:43 PM
    From their blog post on 1/6 Onward Mobility stated "we will be providing more regular updates starting this month that will clarify and answer many of your questions"

They said the exact same thing last August to Adam at TechOdyssey. Pretty much verbatim.
    01-27-22 07:58 PM

LMAO, no………
    01-27-22 08:54 PM

Yes, a true update is coming very soon
    😄
    01-27-22 09:40 PM

That means we may get an update January 2023. Stress on the may.
    01-28-22 02:55 AM

OM's statement says "we will be providing more regular updates starting this month".

OM have done that, they've started... they released an update on 6th January.

I've long-since reached a conclusion on OM - their phone is vapourware, and they have no money or backers.

They'll continue to post occasional "hard at work" updates to keep the game alive, and in the hope that proof of life will hook a billionaire backer with money to burn.

You can of course continue to believe that OM is the real deal, there's still a chance.
    01-28-22 02:57 AM
    I read into it as an update would be coming in January, because the blog post wasn't an update, they didn't tell us anything new.. an update is New information right??
    John Albert likes this.
    01-28-22 10:20 AM
    I read into it as an update would be coming in January, because the blog post wasn't an update, they didn't tell us anything new.. an update is New information right??
    The blog post was an update. It told everyone they weren't dead!

That update came in January so OM have started their regular updates.

After months of silence, I think proof of life counts as "new information".

The update might not have contained what you wanted to hear, but I reckon it's all you'll get until OM have something (anything?) to say. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for the next update.

Personally, I'm sure the January update was solely because OM's continued silence had become laughable and ridiculous ... even here on CB! And OM couldn't afford to lose the true believers... the one's that might actually buy an OM phone if OM ever made one.. and the "we ain't dead" update was posted as a result... to give hope.

Did it work? Are you more hopeful?
    thoms333 and app_Developer like this.
    01-28-22 10:55 AM
    Nope didn't work, I purchased a Pixel 5 last year after they missed the initial time frame and I'm ok with it, of course I'd like a PKB Blackberry but I'm not sure that I want it from OM ... Yet here I am on Crackberry, hoping and waiting... such a weird hold Blackberry has on certain folks.. (me included)
    JeepBB, shakingthrough and john_v like this.
    01-28-22 01:16 PM
    Nope didn't work, I purchased a Pixel 5 last year after they missed the initial time frame and I'm ok with it, of course I'd like a PKB Blackberry but I'm not sure that I want it from OM ... Yet here I am on Crackberry, hoping and waiting... such a weird hold Blackberry has on certain folks.. (me included)
    Yeah, I hear you!

While some here no doubt think me negative, and while I'm certain that OM are little more than confidence tricksters, the BlackBerry hold is strong.

I had a Pixel 5. It's a nice phone, but if anyone brought out a BB Torch (slider) clone with Android 12, I'd buy it tomorrow!
    JM H, john_v, thoms333 and 1 others like this.
    01-28-22 01:42 PM
    Yeah, I hear you!

While some here no doubt think me negative, and while I'm certain that OM are little more than confidence tricksters, the BlackBerry hold is strong.

I had a Pixel 5. It's a nice phone, but if anyone brought out a BB Torch (slider) clone with Android 12, I'd buy it tomorrow!
    Yep. I still have my BlackBerry Priv, a nice Android slider - still a beautiful phone just had a lousy battery. Would buy a 5G high specs BlackBerry slider today.

Typed on a BlackBerry Motion.
    01-28-22 05:52 PM
    I would buy a 4G fakeberry created by some company who is a shell for a foreign government that stole BB patents if I can avoid buying a slab. I hate glass unless it's on beaches or in windows.
    shakingthrough likes this.
    01-28-22 06:43 PM
    I would buy a 4G fakeberry created by some company who is a shell for a foreign government that stole BB patents if I can avoid buying a slab. I hate glass unless it's on beaches or in windows.
    It sounds like you are a potential Unihertz customer.
    JeepBB, pdr733 and thoms333 like this.
    01-28-22 07:05 PM

I think this covers it……
    Attached Thumbnails Are We Due A Real OM Update in January??-c4d248db-59ab-4f50-b67b-ece2211cb208.gif  
    thoms333 likes this.
    01-29-22 08:32 AM
    They will update in May. May-be yes, May-be not.
    Mauri5io and elfabio80 like this.
    01-29-22 10:41 AM
    OM is a zombie
    phuoc and mundo472 like this.
    01-31-22 10:30 PM
    Maybe when they start working on it now, and go for a 6G phone they'll be in time when 6G is introduced as the network standard...

I don't have any faith in OM at this point.
    phuoc likes this.
    02-01-22 12:07 AM
    "more regular updates
    " could mean monthly or quarterly or bi-annually.
    irob20000 likes this.
    02-06-22 04:46 PM
    "more regular updates" could mean monthly or quarterly or bi-annually.
    Yes, it could.

I'm glad to see that more of us are understanding how to unpick real meaning from PR puff-pieces. It's an underrated life skill.

It's why I've always believed that the 6th January update was all we'd (ever?) see.

Whoever wrote that update went to the same school as me. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I could have written an equally meaningless statement that was entirely truthful in what it said, but made no actual promises; all the while subliminally "suggesting" a positive message that existed only in the minds of the faithful readers.

As I've said before, I'm convinced OM have no backer. Without backers, there'll be no phone. The longer they keep up this fantasy of still being in the game, the chances of attracting a rich sugar daddy remain alive.

I'm also slightly ashamed to admit that I'd do exactly the same as OM in reversed circumstances! There is no down side to OM in continuing with the game.
    02-07-22 02:53 AM
    Yes, it could.

I'm glad to see that more of us are understanding how to unpick real meaning from PR puff-pieces. It's an underrated life skill.

It's why I've always believed that the 6th January update was all we'd (ever?) see.

Whoever wrote that update went to the same school as me. I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I could have written an equally meaningless statement that was entirely truthful in what it said, but made no actual promises; all the while subliminally "suggesting" a positive message that existed only in the minds of the faithful readers.

As I've said before, I'm convinced OM have no backer. Without backers, there'll be no phone. The longer they keep up this fantasy of still being in the game, the chances of attracting a rich sugar daddy remain alive.

I'm also slightly ashamed to admit that I'd do exactly the same as OM in reversed circumstances! There is no down side to OM in continuing with the game.
    This is all especially true if they actually did get someone to put some seed money in. Or they have employees expecting deferred compensation of some type, which has legal implications. Easier (albeit far less professional!) to keep rolling the charade than face all of that.
    JeepBB and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-07-22 08:03 AM
    This is all especially true if they actually did get someone to put some seed money in. Or they have employees expecting deferred compensation of some type, which has legal implications. Easier (albeit far less professional!) to keep rolling the charade than face all of that.
    It also allows them to burn through every penny of their initial investment - salaries all around - because they keep "trying" and "working on it" until the money is gone and they "have no choice" but to give up. Why quit the game and return that money when you can have it as wages instead?
    02-07-22 09:18 PM
    It also allows them to burn through every penny of their initial investment - salaries all around - because they keep "trying" and "working on it" until the money is gone and they "have no choice" but to give up. Why quit the game and return that money when you can have it as wages instead?
    Yup.

As I said above, I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I would do exactly as OM is doing in reversed circumstances.

Does that make me a bad person?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-08-22 05:03 AM
    Yup.

As I said above, I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I would do exactly as OM is doing in reversed circumstances.

Does that make me a bad person?
    Yeah, but people only do this when their actual business plan isn’t working out.

I think we’re saying the same thing. This behavior we see from them is a pretty strong tell.

Let’s imagine for a moment that they are just waiting to sign some amazing new partnership or sale and then boom this great phone will come out. Well, the intended partner will be watching the OM brand circle the drain and would be valuing this partnership less each month. So if there is a big deal coming, OM *and* the partner would both be foolish to let the brand fall apart and hide behind a YouTuber and an NDA.

So this whole “there’s a big thing coming, they just can’t say anything because NDA” continues to fail a basic smell test for me. I’ll be the first to come on here and eat my humble pie if proven wrong on this. I just don’t buy it.
    02-08-22 09:31 PM
    I feel there is likely some other issue holding things back a bit, otherwise, why did OM even bother to say anything after radio-silence for a year? Then the subsequent BB patent sale without a peep from OM? I bet there are things unable to be shared yet. Maybe no big boom, but I feel things not totally as they seem.
    My date to give up hope is 12-31-22. Until then I'll be typing on my Key1 vs Key2 because ATT sucks.
    02-09-22 02:07 PM
    I feel there is likely some other issue holding things back a bit, otherwise, why did OM even bother to say anything after radio-silence for a year? Then the subsequent BB patent sale without a peep from OM? I bet there are things unable to be shared yet. Maybe no big boom, but I feel things not totally as they seem.
    My date to give up hope is 12-31-22. Until then I'll be typing on my Key1 vs Key2 because ATT sucks.

My feeling as well... only my gut is the thing holding them back in the money to move forward. But whatever it is, money, reworking licensing deal with the new company, waiting for COVID production cost to go back to normal (will it?)... in the end time is against them.

Even in the enterprise market, users are being forced to move on... at some point they will be like most other one time BlackBerry users... and won't look back right away, even if OM does "something".
    02-10-22 07:32 AM