No non-"Unicorns," or otherwise 'reality' bashing attitudes welcome in this thread. Lets keep this thread clean and on focus by simply posting your favorite concept device and only discussing what you like about it: Not what is wrong with it.

I will start with my favorite from GSMholic:

While I do not like the name as it relates to competition of the Unihertz brand by same name, I like everything else about this concept. Reminds me of the Porche Passport. Most attractive are the physical hangup and answer buttons.

Everyone is welcome including the nay-sayers if they can leave their "nays" at the door.

Thank you!
    Last edited by givechanceachance; 01-09-22 at 08:47 AM. Reason: title correction
    01-09-22 08:37 AM
    01-09-22 08:46 AM
    Chuck, I'd say you and the gang here get really creative in setting the tone.
    01-09-22 08:51 AM
    Chuck, I'd say you and the gang here get really creative in setting the tone.
    You wanted positive vibes and I know you advocate for accessibility for all regarding the less fortunate.
    01-09-22 08:59 AM
    One concept that might be interesting is a regular slab on one side of the device, and a KEY²-style device on the other side. Whichever side faces up gets the focus, and the other side is locked.

This avoids moving parts, and provides a full slab experience AND allows for a true 24/7 up-front keyboard experience.
    01-09-22 09:03 AM
    One concept that might be interesting is a regular slab on one side of the device, and a KEY²-style device on the other side. Whichever side faces up gets the focus, and the other side is locked.

This avoids moving parts, and provides a full slab experience AND allows for a true 24/7 up-front keyboard experience.
    This sounds cool, and I think merges with also what could evolve from some of the flips, folds and slides.
    01-09-22 09:52 AM
    No non-"Unicorns," or otherwise 'reality' bashing attitudes welcome in this thread. Lets keep this thread clean and on focus by simply posting your favorite concept device and only discussing what you like about it: Not what is wrong with it.

I will start with my favorite from GSMholic:

While I do not like the name as it relates to competition of the Unihertz brand by same name, I like everything else about this concept. Reminds me of the Porche Passport. Most attractive are the physical hangup and answer buttons.

Everyone is welcome including the nay-sayers if they can leave their "nays" at the door.

Thank you!
    Anyhting that looks like a Passport 2 would get my vote. I absolutely hate those narrow screens.
    and with BB10+++ instead of Android would be great.
    Said otherwise: I'm bound to be hugely disappointed when OM realises a KEY3 :-)))
    01-09-22 10:17 AM
    This looks really cool.

Whatever happened to that concept of a screen that had shape shifting glass so that keyboard buttons could emerge but then also go flat?
    01-09-22 10:21 AM
    Does any of these concepts possibly have anything to do with real possible new model?or its just game of imagination?
    01-09-22 10:21 AM
    Does any of these concepts possibly have anything to do with real possible new model?or its just game of imagination?
    All completely fake with nothing based in reality. Just dreams from various people.
    01-09-22 10:52 AM
    isn't anyone at all curious to know what their 1st alleged prototype looked like?

According to Adam aka Tech Odyssey - he was privy to their initial rejected design.

My wish is for a better version of the priv. Yes there is a moving part, but has anyone ever reported an issue with said moving part?
    givechanceachance likes this.
    01-09-22 11:01 AM
    isn't anyone at all curious to know what their 1st alleged prototype...
    Sure. Was anyone able to get any insights?
    01-09-22 11:04 AM
    isn't anyone at all curious to know what their 1st alleged prototype looked like?

According to Adam aka Tech Odyssey - he was privy to their initial rejected design.

My wish is for a better version of the priv. Yes there is a moving part, but has anyone ever reported an issue with said moving part?
    Yes, they have, in the Priv forums.
    I loved my Priv, but after a mere 2 ft drop from the coffee table, the sliding mechanism was damaged. I essentially had to use it as a slab from that point. Which was still fine!)
    01-09-22 11:08 AM
    This looks really cool.

Whatever happened to that concept of a screen that had shape shifting glass so that keyboard buttons could emerge but then also go flat?
    I don't remember that one. Sounds a bit too futuristic.

I do remember the other one concept that basically had about 25+ small "keyed screens" arranged like a PKB, that potentially was aimed at providing some sort of "keyboard feel", while also being basically completely reconfigurable to display anything across that "keyboard" screen surface. That was cool.
    01-09-22 11:08 AM
    This looks really cool.

I recall that concept. IIRC, it was a concept only, not anything planned. It looked very complicated and likely prone to issues. I do definitely recall that pKB advocates doubted it would have the required tactile response they need. vKB advocates weren't enthused either.
    01-09-22 11:17 AM

I like this idea, like the Yotaphone which had a b&w very power efficient display on one side and a normal one on the other side.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-22 11:46 AM

I had one of the good ones, but had to twist it back into shape regularly, and put up with what used to be called a clicky screen.

I honestly believe that moving parts and/or unnecessary wear points are highly detrimental. The support implications alone would be difficult for a small upstart.
    01-09-22 11:53 AM
    I recall that concept. IIRC, it was a concept only, not anything planned. It looked very complicated and likely prone to issues. I do definitely recall that pKB advocates doubted it would have the required tactile response they need. vKB advocates weren't enthused either.
    Y'all are thinking of Tactus Technology. As a startup, they were developing that concept back in 2011. It was intended for smartphones and tablets.

By 2015, they came up with Phorm. It was an iPad "keyboard" case that had a clear cover that would form keypad bubbles over the vkb when it was pulled up on screen.

The last thing I can find about them was some funding in 2018, but that keyboard cover apparently didn't get far.
    01-09-22 12:04 PM
    Y'all are thinking of Tactus Technology. As a startup, they were developing that concept back in 2011. It was intended for smartphones and tablets.

By 2015, they came up with Phorm. It was an iPad "keyboard" case that had a clear cover that would form keypad bubbles over the vkb when it was pulled up on screen.

The last thing I can find about them was some funding in 2018, but that keyboard cover apparently didn't get far.
    That's it, Tactus. I was going to dig for it, once I finished the wife's chores list. (So that would be a couple of days...)
    01-09-22 12:19 PM
    That's it, Tactus. I was going to dig for it, once I finished the wife's chores list. (So that would be a couple of days...)
    That's okay, I'm doing this before the wife's chores list.
    01-09-22 12:22 PM
    Anyhting that looks like a Passport 2 would get my vote. I absolutely hate those narrow screens.
    and with BB10+++ instead of Android would be great.
    Said otherwise: I'm bound to be hugely disappointed when OM realises a KEY3 :-)))
    I recall talk of someone removed from BB for selling leaked Android versions of the Passport on eBay after BB shut that prototype project down. I think I read it first from CB. I am interested in possibly seeing a photo of that prototype Passport. Anyone else recall?
    01-09-22 12:53 PM
    If we are in dreamland - a landscape keyboard slider would be the only thing that would interest me.
    Olivier01 likes this.
    01-09-22 12:57 PM
    I recall talk of someone removed from BB for selling leaked Android versions of the Passport on eBay after BB shut that prototype project down. I think I read it first from CB. I am interested in possibly seeing a photo of that prototype Passport. Anyone else recall?
    TechOdyssey made a video about this Android Passport here
    01-09-22 01:13 PM
    Here: https://crackberry.com/rare-blackber...es-sale-kijiji
    01-09-22 01:39 PM
    If we are in dreamland - a landscape keyboard slider would be the only thing that would interest me.
    The AstroSlide5G and F(x) things don't seem too far from dreamality, do they?
    01-09-22 02:47 PM
86 123 ...