ALCON -

I have a friend in the Bay Area (a friend who is not, sadly, a higher up at ATT) who is somewhat heavily involved in the tech scene out there.

Apparently most of OM's activities have been taking place in and around San Francisco. He heard, reliably, that they're closing up their phone enterprise.

That have some sort of security software, however, that they've been trying to sell. It apparently had some truly significant interest so he believes that's been the holdup.

They closed a deal with some defense outfit and now are transitioning to a software support role.

That's all I know.

So I was wrong that they haven't been working on anything but I am, regrettably, correct that they will not be bringing a phone to market.

No voicemails or LinkedIn messages to share. Just a phone call convo I had tonight with a friend who I trust.

The PKB sun has set.
    I'm out.
    Good luck to you all. This has been a fun diversion.
    10-08-21 08:11 PM
    Not surprising. Their business model didn't make any sense. The fact that a huge company like TCL failed so hard with the BlackBerry brand kinda let's us know that it's a fruitless endeavour.
    10-08-21 10:54 PM
    That means they skipped the phone business all together and went straight to security software, bypassing the potentially massive loss in between. Good for them.
    10-09-21 12:26 AM
    Adam still confirms that OM will release a phone.
    I didn't believe him from start.
    10-09-21 02:06 AM
    Crackberry didn't share any exclusive news since years. I don't know why they don't have any kind of communication with OM. They behaved similarly regarding the defunct BBMobile, TCL.

Crackberry used to be the first to publish such unique stories.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    10-09-21 02:12 AM
    Crackberry didn't share any exclusive news since years. I don't know why they don't have any kind of communication with OM. They behaved similarly regarding the defunct BBMobile, TCL.

They will tell you that there is nothing to share, and it may be true. They anyway will not communicate anything unless $$$$$
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    10-09-21 03:07 AM
    Nothing farther from a 'wrap. Period.
    10-09-21 05:25 AM
    No. It's a wrap. Trust me.
    John Albert likes this.
    10-09-21 08:14 AM
    Is it a wrap, or more of a "That's All Folks...." ?
    10-09-21 08:16 AM
    Is it a wrap, or more of a "That's All Folks...." ?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-09-21 09:35 AM
    No. It's a wrap. Trust me.
    Time will tell...
    10-09-21 10:19 AM

It was easier to get info when BlackBerry used to be a huge company with various leaks, along with dozens of leaky carriers as well.
    10-09-21 10:22 AM
    at some point I remember reading that om was no longer going to use Blackberry security but was going to use security from another ecosystem. In my opinion that meant that Blackberry was out of the loop and that probably what's the beginning of the end or maybe that preceded it and I was unaware of other clues that came prior. But that's what I remember. for some reason I can never clearly remember in my mind what o m stands for any how. at least they didn't produce thousands of units that they couldn't sell which now brought up the water level of Hudson Bay after Blackberry threw them in. t'is a puzzlement
    10-09-21 10:31 AM

The PKB sun has set.
    I'm out.
    Good luck to you all. This has been a fun diversion.
    Do hang around. Your posts were very entertaining and I'd be sad if you left

P. S. Trying to call a friend in USACE in the Bay Area in case this security software deal was theirs as it seems the best fit, I'm truly intrigued and thanks for the heads up!
    jobtate likes this.
    10-09-21 12:21 PM
    Time will tell...
    Time has told.
    jobtate and John Albert like this.
    10-09-21 12:23 PM
    for some reason I can never clearly remember in my mind what o m stands for any how.
    OnwardMobility. I think there’s a joke in there somewhere.
    10-09-21 01:38 PM
    What info do you have?
    10-09-21 02:30 PM
    Don't be mad.. As others have pointed out, this would seem like BlackBerry itself, logical to follow where the money and opportunities lie avoiding the huge inevitable losses.
    jobtate likes this.
    10-09-21 02:55 PM
    What info do you have?
    Most probably nothing, he just writes ambiguous (and sometimes condescending) one-sentence comments.
    If the Onward Mobile phone actually sees the light of the day, I will come to this forum and publicly say, I was wrong, sorry.
    If Onward Mobile's failure becomes official, will he come here and say I was wrong?
    jobtate and John Albert like this.
    10-09-21 03:03 PM
    If Onward Mobile's failure becomes official, will he come here and say I was wrong?
    I believe failure is assured - whether before or after the release of a device.
    pdr733 and John Albert like this.
    10-09-21 03:12 PM
    This has been quite sad to learn!
    10-09-21 03:18 PM
    Time has told.
    Time has talked itself to death.
    10-09-21 03:25 PM
    Don't be mad.. As others have pointed out, this would seem like BlackBerry itself, logical to follow where the money and opportunities lie avoiding the huge inevitable losses.
    I'm guessing these guys were smarter than I gave them credit for.
    They used the license to create just enough buzz and get their foot in enough doors that they were able to sign a significant contract.

I'll eat my hat on that one.
    10-09-21 03:27 PM
    I believe failure is assured - whether before or after the release of a device.
    OK then, we could qualify it as failure without even releasing a device. The question remains the same, as far as the mentioned user is concerned.
    10-09-21 03:50 PM
    Na na na na, na na na na, ......
    10-09-21 04:52 PM
83 123 ...