Onward mobility stated last year that new 5G BlackBerry phones were coming in the first half of '21. Given the impacts of the pandemic on businesses, big and small, is Onward Mobility still planning on releasing BlackBerry phones this year? Is there any indication that their plans have changed or been cancelled?
    thacollektor likes this.
    01-28-21 07:05 PM
    Onward mobility stated last year that new 5G BlackBerry phones were coming in the first half of '21. Given the impacts of the pandemic on businesses, big and small, is Onward Mobility still planning on releasing BlackBerry phones this year? Is there any indication that their plans have changed or been cancelled?
    Nothing really new has been put forward since that initial August announcement. So your guess is as good as mine.

Nothing at all has gone to any level of certification yet, which usually starts happening around 6 months ahead of launch.
    Last edited by conite; 01-28-21 at 09:11 PM.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    01-28-21 08:24 PM
    Nothing really new has been put forward since that initial August announcement. So your guess is as good as mine.

Nothing at all has gone to any level of certification yet, which usually starts happening around 6 months ahead of launch.
    Fingers crossed I guess. Thanks for your input.
    01-29-21 07:19 AM
    They did hire a few new "executives" back in November... But other than that there has been nothing from them.

I think they are moving forward... but have no idea what or when we will see anything.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    01-29-21 07:37 AM
    This is being discussed heavily in the "Is OM dead" forum.
    02-03-21 06:52 PM
    They did hire a few new "executives" back in November... But other than that there has been nothing from them.

I think they are moving forward... but have no idea what or when we will see anything.
    I wonder if OM is licensing the executives for the appearance of a going concern
    pdr733 likes this.
    02-03-21 07:25 PM
    I wonder if OM is licensing the executives for the appearance of a going concern
    It does happen...

Many of their existing "players" have other jobs, OM is just a thing they have on the side for them. So it's possible that the new hires are more of the same. I do have to question how "sales" could be proceeding... with no real game plan yet. Suppose they make everyone they approach sign a DNA?
    02-04-21 08:05 AM
    DNA's can be headaches! lol.
    02-04-21 10:39 AM
    BlackBerry mastered the art of obtuse public relations and superciliousness... it was spread to TCL and seemingly onward to OM like a mini pandemic
    the_boon and SalMan50 like this.
    02-04-21 04:04 PM
    I am following a course at the Harry Houdini school of breath-holding...
    03-14-21 12:49 PM